You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Crystal_Unit

What do you think of the smolensk?

98 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
4,355 battles

I personally made only bad Encounters as in like getting burned to hell in 1 Minute with me trying to get something done in my Yamato

I have read some Posts on Smolensk and some say that you Need to watch out for BBs in Smolensk at 10-12 km but angled in smoke? then you Need to blindfire in smoke get some overpens and wait for almost 30 seconds to give it a second try… in this time you cant get near because of the torps and you cant flee because HE shits on angles. In a bad case you cant even turn because Incoming BB Shells are waiting for you to Show broadside. MY Fazit is when you are in a BB cought against a Smolensk on 10-16km you just get crap on if you cant turn around and flee and that is not an exeption …. at least in my case i dont know About you guys but i think this should for the sake of all passionate BB Players be deleted and Cole refounded. If you like it tell me why please and if not also i just want YOUR opionion on this matter. I have only 4020 played battles but i was never so frustrated like in this current Tier 10 meta that makes me say i want the ''old times'' back 

• Cool 4

[DC_DK]
Players
2,691 posts
27,578 battles

Blap material is what I think about it. Quite easy to blind fire into the smoke, the high rate of fire is actually helping to aid your aim. Just pop your spotter plane and aim between the tracers.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,686 posts
6,705 battles

Fun to play, unfun to play against. Melts against any form of 203 mm or 150+mm IFHE/HE, is very easy to blap or burst from longer range.

Is good for farming BB's but if you want a ship that will carry a game through utility then the Wooster or Mino will bring enough dakka and other bonuses to succed.

Players
95 posts
5,478 battles

An obnoxious little one-trick-pony that can apparently teleport. I've caught one in the corner of the map and with my secondaries about to eat the last few points of his HP he was suddenly  gone. So my conclusion is that he's powered by Russian Bias and that Stalin himself picked the little basterd up from that corner and placed him somwhere safe. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TEC]
Beta Tester
172 posts

It can be excellent versus BBs (in smoke or behind terrain) and it is an excellent DD hunter. Avoid direct confrontation against competitive enemy cruisers, they will most likely remove your HP pool in no time.

• Cool 1

[NPE]
Players
42 posts
5,432 battles

you all shut up, Smolensk is a taboo in WG. All children and seal clubbers loves it. All those who wants to feel speshul loves it too. Also mind that any bad opinion about OP Smolenks is the same like to say: free Hong Kong. Its Russian game with huge bias towards soviet ships (Stalin, Smolenks, Kremlin). Putler will close their game if it would be otherwise. Excelent vs BBs only? wtf you are smoking? if you on radar cooldown or dont have it, you are toested in cruisers, DDs... I dont even want to play it as i feel like cheating. Smoke, torps, overpens, insane pew pew. WHATS worst, Smolensk stopping the flow of the game, as this ship can fcking carry games like no other. 1. Nerf Smolenks. 2. Fire every mongol who tested it and sed its ok.

PS. every smolenks i encounter: gets plays poorly report. thats my protest.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 5

[BFS]
Beta Tester
540 posts

Smolensk? What's a Smolensk? I don't see them in my Hosho...... and if I did, I'd rape them!

[-GOD-]
Players
1,098 posts
15,800 battles

It's fine, most players just simply don't know how to kill it and start running away, or stop and try to reverse only giving it more time to dakka, especially BBabies.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 4

[BYOB]
Players
3,740 posts
15,102 battles

I really like the concept. And even if it is a paper ship, it shows that Soviet designers tried to be innovative.

However, the end product is unbalanced. Having an almost identical reload on a quad turret to that of a dual turret is ridiculous and the potential DPM has to be nerfed. Luckily this is a coal ship, so WG can't hide behind the typical "paid for with money, no change" excuse. Still, I don't expect a nerf to be coming anytime soon.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
540 posts
3 minutes ago, Europizza said:

It's fine, most players just simply don't know how to kill it and start running away, or stop and try to reverse only giving it more time to dakka, especially BBabies.

But a half decent player would not park his Smolensk right in front of your BB in smoke... he'd be sitting well protected by his team so you cannot just sail over and rape him....

[NPE]
Players
42 posts
5,432 battles
22 minutes ago, Europizza said:

i played just a bit on it and one speshul like you came to me stright like proud unicum. Well he got torped by me and went into port.

[WOTN]
Players
447 posts
6,594 battles

You have to be aware of the enemy DD`s positions before smoking up though.
As a DD main i figured out that the best way to sink Smolensks (for a DD that is) is to close the distance until they are revealed by the smoke-fire penalty, and then just drop AP on them until they die.
It works best with Daring, since it has high DPM, improved AP angles, and hydro for any panic torps.

You have to time it right though, so his smoke will not run out as you approach him, or you`re f-ed :cap_haloween:

[S-O-M]
Players
268 posts
5,051 battles
7 hours ago, ollonborre said:

Is good for farming BB's 

And yet people wonder why BBs hang back, especially at higher tiers; dakka cruisers hiding behind an island, The Smolensk is an Op he spamming mino.

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,686 posts
6,705 battles
8 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

And yet people wonder why BBs hang back, especially at higher tiers; dakka cruisers hiding behind an island, The Smolensk is an Op he spamming mino.

BB's have always searched for excuses to not push or stay in agressive locations. First it was torps, then it was CV's, now it is dakka cruisers or all the above. You can play around it, you might die a couple of times and some times it will be unfun. But it is not the end of the world, it takes minutes for a single HE spammer to burn down a BB.

Back on topic, Smolensk is a very powerful random battle clubber (even though I consider the Mino to be more influential) and I'm not sure it should have been for coal making it such a common ship.

Rarity is not an excuse for an OP ship but it is more manageble.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
3 posts
4,355 battles

I just played first round today and got burned by 2 Smolensk again in 1 Minute it is just not fun anymore….

makes me want to Play more …..

Players
95 posts
5,478 battles
28 minutes ago, Crystal_Unit said:

I just played first round today and got burned by 2 Smolensk again in 1 Minute it is just not fun anymore….

makes me want to Play more …..

Avoid tier 10 mate. Tier 10 is a cesspool anyway, not worth it.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,543 posts
2,743 battles
7 hours ago, TuckerLT said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Reporting someone simply for playing the game in a ship that you personally happen to dislike, is not only bad form, it is also a misuse of the report system.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
719 posts
5,291 battles

My thoughts about Smolensk is still the same as day one: the one who thought it was a good idea to introduce this horror in game should be sent to Gulag for life... 

• Cool 3

[PIIO]
Players
3 posts
13,781 battles
7 hours ago, TuckerLT said:

you all shut up, Smolensk is a taboo in WG. All children and seal clubbers loves it. All those who wants to feel speshul loves it too. Also mind that any bad opinion about OP Smolenks is the same like to say: free Hong Kong. Its Russian game with huge bias towards soviet ships (Stalin, Smolenks, Kremlin). Putler will close their game if it would be otherwise. Excelent vs BBs only? wtf you are smoking? if you on radar cooldown or dont have it, you are toested in cruisers, DDs... I dont even want to play it as i feel like cheating. Smoke, torps, overpens, insane pew pew. WHATS worst, Smolensk stopping the flow of the game, as this ship can fcking carry games like no other. 1. Nerf Smolenks. 2. Fire every mongol who tested it and sed its ok.

Agreed  only cheaters  play this ship ..this is so damm op annoying  like hell and you know what every one [edited]wants to play that shity ship i always found 2 or 3 smolensk each side in t10 battle 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-GGS-]
Players
371 posts
9,262 battles
29 minutes ago, Snautzi said:

Avoid tier 10 mate. Tier 10 is a cesspool anyway, not worth it.

Yes Im having a horrible time trying to carry in t10. And it makes little sence since Im doing fine in t8 and 9. It should be the same MM mostly. Smolensk is part of the problem. Or might be the catalyst. Yesterday almost all t10 games had atleast 4 DDs and 2 Smolensks on each side. DDs counter DDs and in a gunboat Smolensk is hard to deal with. (16 guns vs 6-8).

[SCRUB]
Players
719 posts
5,291 battles

It will be removed from armory soon. That ship is already overpopulated because it's damn OP... 2-3 Smolensks per side is not uncommon already.  And the people who doesn't own it yet are stockpiling coal for it. It will be a Xmas money trap ship soon. Maybe even this Xmas.. 

• Cool 2

[PIIO]
Players
3 posts
13,781 battles
13 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Reporting someone simply for playing the game in a ship that you personally happen to dislike, is not only bad form, it is also a misuse of the report system.

Yaaa bcoz  new 2000 battle player has good ship to play with .. and feel like THANOS right .. grow up dude

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1