Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
john1953

Coal Disparity in Ships Available

37 comments in this topic

Players
83 posts

Just reviewing ships available utilising coal. It strikes me as strange that you have five ships available requiring under 53K coal with the remaining six all needing at least 228K of coal. You would think that there would be some options covering the middle ground

• Cool 13

Players
2,627 posts
18,845 battles
9 minutes ago, john1953 said:

Just reviewing ships available utilising coal. It strikes me as strange that you have five ships available requiring under 53K coal with the remaining six all needing at least 228K of coal. You would think that there would be some options covering the middle ground

Yeah i was thinking the same thing yesterday. Guess Wg has been pushing tier 9 and 10 way hard :P

• Cool 8

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

that's pretty much a reflection of how they almost exclusively produce high tier premiums these days because those sell for more money - and iirc they stated somewhere that that policy ain't changing anytime soon...

• Cool 4

[SHAFT]
Players
9,574 posts
8,858 battles

The cheaper Coal ships are already a bit older - and were normal premiums to buy with money (doubloons) or available through grinds. So i guess putting them there doesnt hurt WG much. I think the newest is Charleston, but Aigle, Okto, Yubari and Campbeltown are in the game for quite a long time (more or less).

The T9-10 Coal ships are new and shiny, so people either grind or buy a few boxes to get the coal needed to get them.

I dont see much reason for WG to make T7-8 Coal ships, as the earnings wouldnt be that great. Also they would be competing with T8 ships in premium shop (why buy one for 50~ bucks if you can grind one 4 free?). I think T8 ships are the most profitable money ships for WG :cap_yes: (yes, they do sell T9s aswell, but fewer and you cant buy them always f.e. Alaska is not available right now)

• Cool 2

Players
8,116 posts
8,931 battles
37 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

I want moar tier 6-8 coal ships. Like prince of wales or leanders sisters for example.

Gib Ajax. For... reasons.:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 5

[TSSU]
Players
150 posts
3 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

that's pretty much a reflection of how they almost exclusively produce high tier premiums these days because those sell for more money - and iirc they stated somewhere that that policy ain't changing anytime soon...

This. Repeatedly. A million times over. 

I'd love to say "shun the ships", but some look really fun. There is a void in the middle ground though these days. 

Then again, having bought and played the Hood - i'd rather play the Gnei again :D

Maybe they base it off what is most popular - at which point, hardly surprising/can't blame them. 

• Cool 2

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
609 posts
14,074 battles

Its probably to do with the fact that there are alot of tier 7-8 ships already in the roster and since the game has aged, alot more people are at higher tiers or maxed out.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,835 posts
15,840 battles
6 minutes ago, Shadeshot said:

Its probably to do with the fact that there are alot of tier 7-8 ships already in the roster and since the game has aged, alot more people are at higher tiers or maxed out.

Nah. It's to do with the game needing resource sinks. WG have over cooked the game economy with Clan discounts and the like and they need lots of high-tier ships for resources to try and soak up all that excess currency. 

2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I dont see much reason for WG to make T7-8 Coal ships

The Charleston is a re-skinned St Louis with a bit of a credit buff added.... there wasn't much of a reason to make it. WG could make a few mid-tier Coal ships for collectors and general interest without doing too much work or cannibalising their Premium shop. 

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

Personally I think the reason we're seeing a dearth of tier 9-10 premiums is that because of the way the matchmaker was/is where a tier 8 would often end up being bottom tier a large portion of the time. This drove people off of tier 8s because why by something that's just going to constantly be bottom tier? So people stopped buying the tier 8 premiums in droves which caused WG to then switch tactics to providing the tier 9 and 10 premiums.

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
1,145 posts
9,566 battles

If you need some examples of ships that can be added as a coal ship in the mid tiers, how about aviation battleships.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,835 posts
15,840 battles

I was going to say... I hope they make the event ships (Hill and Siroco) available for Coal. Gallant could probably be pensioned off to the Armory, too, as she looks lacklustre as a cash shop Premium. Knock her out of that slot and put Hardy in there instead... Bit more of a gunboat. 

• Cool 2

Players
6,807 posts
245 battles

Mid range tier ships would be noice to have, makes me wonder if cv’s and subs will ever arrive in the armoury?

oh well.

Players
1,504 posts
3,123 battles

They could put at least one ship for every tier; they could add something like: a ship for tier 6, one for tier 7 and one for tier 8. They could also use multiple ships rotating them around after some time.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
273 posts
12,254 battles

Wg doesnt know how to balance mid tier prem/reward ships anymore so, they just release ships that will have an easier time in matchmaking. People complain about t8 mm so the only logical fix to wg is to release a ton of t9 and t10 reward ships since they can't complain about mm anymore(or less :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
6,807 posts
245 battles
10 minutes ago, WynnZeroOne said:

But I thought 6-8 were statpadding? :Smile_teethhappy:

I wish lol. From seeing how peeps play at either end i have no clue what tier is statpadding anymore.

[-RDE-]
Players
300 posts
24,761 battles

it's how long coal takes to get that drives me nuts nevermind getting steel..lol  these two ships will take around 400 days with daily containers only.  granted there's other ways but still :) they're free so i guess no need to moan..lol

Cap.JPG

Players
1,504 posts
3,123 battles
13 minuti fa, humpty_1 ha scritto:

it's how long coal takes to get that drives me nuts nevermind getting steel..lol  these two ships will take around 400 days with daily containers only.  granted there's other ways but still :) they're free so i guess no need to moan..lol

Cap.JPG

If you get a daily resources container every day, I'll take and average of about 220 days to get Georgia with the coupon, about 285 without the coupon, and I'll take about 315 days to get Thunderer without the coupon. This is only counting one resources container every day. However, I think that the ships are worth the "grind"; especially Georgia, she's worth all the coal you spend too get her.

• Cool 1

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
338 posts
6,111 battles

I would also like more T5-T8 premium choices for free XP or coal. Why buy Thunderer or Georgia or Jean Bart if you have already Musashi, Black and Kronstadt and Salem and a bunch of silver tier 10 boats nvm the grinds going on?

I am sitting at 230k coal and 1,5million Free XP and nothing to spend it on (Smolensk :Smile_ohmy:). Please WG replace Nelson with something else in the rotation and perhaps figure out some other choices for tier 7 and 8. There are always american cruisers, perhaps british G3-design at tier 8, some DDs and some British (updated) Battlecruisers at tier 6 - 7?

Why they are not doing this is the question here.

Beta Tester
1,842 posts
11,611 battles
1 hour ago, humpty_1 said:

Cap.JPG

With the directives, daily missions, supercontainers, ranked and especially the snowflake event you can get 3 tier10 ships for free. 

Its just the matter of how many time do you sink in the game. 

Beta Tester
1,842 posts
11,611 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

If you get a daily resources container every day, I'll take and average of about 220 days to get Georgia with the coupon, about 285 without the coupon, and I'll take about 315 days to get Thunderer without the coupon. This is only counting one resources container every day. However, I think that the ships are worth the "grind"; especially Georgia, she's worth all the coal you spend too get her.

Smolensk, Thunderer and Jean Bart (RIP Musashi) are excellent and fun ships to play, most of them are straight better than the steel/silver/researchpoint counterparts. 

For me, coal is the most valuable resource. 

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
5,822 posts
7,370 battles
3 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

But I thought 6-8 were statpadding? :Smile_teethhappy:

That's what I thought as well but doesn't seem to work much.

Or maybe I am helping other people (the reds...) to pad their stats? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Players
1,504 posts
3,123 battles
31 minuti fa, kfa ha scritto:

Smolensk, Thunderer and Jean Bart (RIP Musashi) are excellent and fun ships to play, most of them are straight better than the steel/silver/researchpoint counterparts. 

For me, coal is the most valuable resource. 

Same for me

Sign in to follow this