Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZaalKoris_vas_QwibQwib

Viribus Unitis - decorative 66mm guns - what's the point?

4 comments in this topic

Players
191 posts

OK, I don't get it why Wargaming decided to do this. Tegethoff class carried 16x66m guns and 3-4x 66mm AA guns. So VU has got 4x70mmAA guns and 12 decorative 66mm guns. My question is why WG didn't decided to convert decorative guns into AA - please don't raise the 'realism' argument. :cap_haloween: Even with 16 of these pew, pew peashooters you could hardly defend the ship, but would have at least a chance to shoot-down a T4 plane or two before attack. With only 4 it's like Imperator Nikolai where shooting down a plane should be logged, printed and framed on the wall as a proof.

Really VU lands in so many games with 4 carries that you're total target practice for T4/6 and usually fist target on the list. The should be a premium camo for VU: 'CV free frag'. Written on the hull. LOL

Players
1,150 posts
12,629 battles
20 minutes ago, VorlonInside said:

OK, I don't get it why Wargaming decided to do this. Tegethoff class carried 16x66m guns and 3-4x 66mm AA guns. So VU has got 4x70mmAA guns and 12 decorative 66mm guns

7.cm is just a nomelacture thing. They actually where all 66.mm guns.

Difference is, that they used 4.guns in DP mount and rest with anti-surface mounts.

There is no real reason, exept full historic (that ship only had 4.DP mounts histotically), why WG could have not but more DP mounted 7.cm guns. Because historically, DP mount used the same deck space and deck mountingpoints as did non-DP mounts. 

[NEXT]
Players
33,101 posts
16,613 battles
56 minutes ago, VorlonInside said:

OK, I don't get it why Wargaming decided to do this. Tegethoff class carried 16x66m guns and 3-4x 66mm AA guns. So VU has got 4x70mmAA guns and 12 decorative 66mm guns. My question is why WG didn't decided to convert decorative guns into AA - please don't raise the 'realism' argument. :cap_haloween:

But that is what they did, obviously...

[-TPF-]
Players
5,129 posts
21,032 battles

Presumably because the main batch of those 66mm guns was surface only and WG doesn't count them even for secondaries? 

It is a bit cruel to send VU out in authentic WW1 outfit when she's facing WW2 ships. A little "what if..." work on a fictional AA/secondary refit wouldn't go amiss. 

Sign in to follow this