Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ColaholicA

Graf Zeppelin Dive Bomber Rework

5 comments in this topic

[SVX]
Players
28 posts
3,392 battles

Hello there fellow skippers!

I would like to make a repost of a discussion found on Reddit that I thought was very interesting: 

I personally feel that GZ is in need of a rework when it comes to the Dive Bombers. Not only is their Alpha damage rather pitiful, but the attack angle and drop dispersion makes every drop a roll of the dice. My suggestion is to give GZ her JU-87 Stukas back with a loadout consisting of the current AP bomb plus 2 HE bombs. The current 2/8 flight would be reused as well as the dive pattern and dispersion. This would make the RNG of the bombers a bit less harsh, while still keeping the unique way of attacking. The rather high alpha damage per plane would be balanced by being carried by a rather slow and flimsy aircraft.

Would love to hear you guys opinion on this matter!

• Cool 5

[PANEU]
Players
851 posts
Vor 23 Minuten, WingedHussar_Adler sagte:

What is wrong with Aplha? It is higher than BIG E isnt it?

Precision is the problem

It has 1.1k more per bomb however it has 4 bombs less. So the alpha of enterprise is more the the double of gz. Yes gz needs DB buffs. But they are not going to happen Cuz WG hates German ships and they can't be even average(except dd's and cruisers perhaps) 

[SVX]
Players
28 posts
3,392 battles
27 minutes ago, WingedHussar_Adler said:

What is wrong with Aplha? It is higher than BIG E isnt it?

Precision is the problem

The Alpha damage of GZ is 14K per drop compared to 35,4K of the Enterprise. Even Shokaku, which is way more accurate than either GZ or Big E, has 22,5 K alpha.

• Cool 1

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
Just now, ColaholicA said:

The Alpha damage of GZ is 14K per drop compared to 35,4K of the Enterprise. Even Shokaku, which is way more accurate than either GZ or Big E has 22,5 K alpha.

yep my bad.

Sign in to follow this