You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pametrada

50K Free XP container!

20 comments in this topic

Players
706 posts
5,022 battles

Instead of the normal container, where you choose between more consumables, more resources etc. I've just been given a big red one with 50,000 free XP inside. Never seen that before, though very welcome indeed! Anyone know what I might have done to deserve it ?

I wouldn't mind one of those every day. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
3,115 posts
16,653 battles

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Container

Super Containers hold much more valuable rewards than standard containers. Every collected daily container has a small chance (~1.5%) to become a Super Container. Super Containers are occasionally awarded directly. Possible contents include:

• 100x standard signals;
  • 25x, 50x, or 100x special signals;
  • 50x camouflages;
  • 50,000 or 100,000 Free XP Free XP;
  • 1,000 or 2,500 Doubloons Doubloons;
  • 15,000 Coal Coal;
  • 1,500 Steel Steel;
  • 7, 14, or 30 days Premium account Premium time;
  • A premium ship, with a 10 point commander and a port slot,

The more valuable the item (e.g. premium ship), the less likely it is to occur. The same rule applies for the amount: 1,000 Doubloons is received more often than 2,500 Doubloons, 25x than 100x special signals, etc.

• Cool 3

Players
706 posts
5,022 battles

A super container, okay. That's the first one I've ever received, I think. Thanks guys.

• Cool 5

Players
2,681 posts

Welcome from a fellow Brit...

Supercontainers can give wonderful things and if you're really lucky you can unwrap premium ships too.

They are infrequent but welcome when they arrive.

• Cool 1

Players
2,981 posts
21,496 battles

Super containers are fairly rare they are what your hoping for when you choose the fourth option of containers the "try your luck" lot but usually you get a minor crate instead.

Mostly you get camos or flags but some of the rewards can be very nice, I have managed to get about 4 ships from premium containers. 

• Cool 1

Players
706 posts
5,022 battles
2 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Welcome from a fellow Brit...

Greetings back !  :Smile_Default:

I notice your profile picture was taken aboard HMS Nelson, and that brings me to another query. With this supercontainer of free XP,  I am now able to purchase HMS Nelson, and she'd form a nice set of D-Day ships with my HMS Belfast and USS Texas. Do you  ( or anyone of the other respondents to this thread, of course ) have HMS Nelson, and if so, what are your opinions concerning her ? I've read LWM's review, excellent as always, but the more information I have, the better.

Regards.

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts
3 hours ago, Pametrada said:

I notice your profile picture was taken aboard HMS Nelson, and that brings me to another query. With this supercontainer of free XP,  I am now able to purchase HMS Nelson, and she'd form a nice set of D-Day ships with my HMS Belfast and USS Texas. Do you  ( or anyone of the other respondents to this thread, of course ) have HMS Nelson, and if so, what are your opinions concerning her ? I've read LWM's review, excellent as always, but the more information I have, the better.

Regards.

I have the Nelson, I rate it highly, the AP is excellent and the HE very effective, the gun layout is good if you use it right with 9 BIG guns for her tier. It is however very easy to citadel if you show broadside so it takes some care to play. It also laughs at fires as it has the Brit super heal which can recover a lot of HP. Secondaries and AA are comically bad.

It's a marmite ship, you will either love or loathe it.

• Cool 5

Players
2,681 posts
7 hours ago, Pametrada said:

Regards.

I don't have the Nelson myself, although I am the proud owner of Texas and Belfast, so I am afraid I cannot give you an opinion.

I am a DD main myself and in opposition a Nelson can be a tough cookie. That's all I can give you, sorry.

• Cool 1

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
405 posts
7,336 battles
8 hours ago, Pametrada said:

Do you  ( or anyone of the other respondents to this thread, of course ) have HMS Nelson, and if so, what are your opinions concerning her ? I've read LWM's review, excellent as always, but the more information I have, the better.

Exactly what BeauNidl3 said. Nelson is slow but is one of the strongest tier 7 BBs. If you know how to position properly and deal with slow speed when repositioning Nelson is very good indeed. It makes some credits too. Weak citadel but that superheal deal well with HE-spamming.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
5,148 posts
21,122 battles

Nelson is good fun. 16 inch guns can damage anything you like, her HE fire chance is very high and she strips AA and breaks modules of cruisers and DDs like you wouldn't believe. The heal is great but it won't save you from citadels: and Nelse takes a lot of those from AP bombs and other battleships, as she can't bow tank due to weak athwartship armour : you can be cit penned through the nose. Best not to get into close range brawls with other BBs unless you have a major HP advantage. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,681 posts
2 hours ago, Taliesn said:

Owns Belfast?

Why not? Maybe he only plays games occasionally....

• Cool 1

Players
706 posts
5,022 battles
3 hours ago, MrFingers said:

This is me, doing stuff in my favourite mid-tier BB.

Nice !  It illustrates another reason why I find the Nelson appealing - that as you angle from one side to the other, none of your main armament has to go the long way round. Great battle Mr Fingers, well done!

Players
706 posts
5,022 battles
5 hours ago, Lord0 said:

3000 battles? 200+ posts? Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Taliesn said:

Owns Belfast?

And ?

Players
2,147 posts
14,944 battles
6 hours ago, Pametrada said:

And ?

That you've been around for some time, 's all.

I'll start by admitting that it took me well over 3,000 battles to realise some truly stupid things about wows mechanics and stuff, but I thought that not knowing  that you can get SCs out of the daily containers is something else. Bad luck to begin with, if it was your first.

Players
706 posts
5,022 battles
46 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

That you've been around for some time, 's all.

I'll start by admitting that it took me well over 3,000 battles to realise some truly stupid things about wows mechanics and stuff, but I thought that not knowing  that you can get SCs out of the daily containers is something else. Bad luck to begin with, if it was your first.

Ah, I see. Yes, now that I've found out what they are, I'm a little surprised myself that I've never received one before.

On one occasion. I was taken straight to the 'container' liberty ship the instant I logged into the game, and was presented with the Krasny Krym. I hadn't played any battles in order to get a container - it just happened the moment I first got to the port screen. It came with a slot and 10 point captain too, and its arrival is still a mystery. Nice to have though, and more fun than its reputation would suggest.