You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Ghost ship in Raptor.. Alert!!! Alert!!!

19 comments in this topic

Players
2,158 posts

I have completed this so many times and never have I witnessed the Ghost ship of Raptor...

I even managed to hit it... It was terrifying :Smile_sad:, the team were in turmoil... :Smile_teethhappy:

So what is it?

Is it an enemy? A UFO? Do we get a special prize if we can sink it?

If it is available I want one....:Smile_great:

1350964846_Screenshot(694).thumb.png.7a5b00cf89baef142f1625c45a357499.png

Screenshot (690).png

Screenshot (692).png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
2,158 posts
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Thats the ghost of the captains's ship :cap_horn:

Have you ever seen this before?

Players
1,140 posts
18,226 battles

That's the ship that gives the "Insert Coin" achievement if you hit it with a torpedo. I've seen it a handful of times and tried to get the achievement, even with the reworked carriers, but it's been elusive so far.

Salute.

• Cool 6

Players
463 posts
10,434 battles
2 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

That's the ship that gives the "Insert Coin" achievement if you hit it with a torpedo. I've seen it a handful of times and tried to get the achievement, even with the reworked carriers, but it's been elusive so far.

Salute.

I did it in 2 games in a row. You can only get the achivement once though. Trick is to torp while the ship is behind the island, then pray that it runs into them.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,349 posts
18,404 battles

Behind which island does he spawn? Always in the same place?

What about the northern exit?

• Cool 1

Players
2,158 posts
8 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Salute.

3 years of playing this game and today was the first ever time I have seen this.... I have played Raptor so many times as well....

Players
1,140 posts
18,226 battles
6 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Middle exit is where I've seen it only, and not always.

6 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

3 years of playing this game and today was the first ever time I have seen this.... I have played Raptor so many times as well....

So have I, but mostly with RTS Ryujo so a bit hard to spot and target a flat vertical plank from above.

Salute.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,106 posts

What is that? The Flying Dutchman?! :Smile_ohmy:

EDIT:

Saw it! Sank it too! :Smile_teethhappy:

Thanks for the tips!  :Smile_honoring:

Decided to give it a try so took out my Shinonome for this operation and it paid off royally (also being a very good 5 star battle all round). Having to manually aim your torpedoes at a ship that sails between two islands was a bit tricky but with luck the third (and final) batch did it. In a way, this reminded me off that huge big arcade game I may have mentioned before, where you fired torpedoes at a line of ships going across the horizon and could track your torpedo by the light that showed up under the waves.

Insert the coin! :Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,285 battles

So far I've only seen it in the middle pair of islands and only some of the time. I don't know what the triggers are, but apparently it spawns when the exit zone is there.

I don't know if it can be sunk, but apparently it can @Karasu_Hidesuke ?

[I-J-N]
Players
4,106 posts
7 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

So far I've only seen it in the middle pair of islands and only some of the time. I don't know what the triggers are, but apparently it spawns when the exit zone is there.

I don't know if it can be sunk, but apparently it can @Karasu_Hidesuke ?

When hit by a torpedo it will explode (and sink, presumably). Only seen it once earlier today when I was approaching the mid exit zone in my DD. Second time I tried approaching it in my Mutsu but there was nothing there. Might it only show up until you've got the achievement?

Players
5,976 posts
11,285 battles
11 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

When hit by a torpedo it will explode (and sink, presumably). Only seen it once earlier today when I was approaching the mid exit zone in my DD. Second time I tried approaching it in my Mutsu but there was nothing there. Might it only show up until you've got the achievement?

That's a possibility. I don't know, I haven't been able to spot the ship today (played it with both my t6 carriers).

It is possible that it only appears if someone in the group does not have the achievement yet, just like Commander Jenkins! Good thinking! :Smile_great:

Players
1,956 posts
6,559 battles

When hit by a torp he just turns around and goes the other way so there is the potential for multiple ships to torp it. 

[GURKA]
Players
5,192 posts
10,390 battles

Wasn't there once a mistake with the Raptor and a meme about it? That is was shown as DD or something like that... is that related to that?

[LGBFR]
Players
6 posts
10,363 battles

Crossed this ghost ship many times in Raptor so don't panic, WG has probably code something with that ^^
Anyway, I would like inform the second ship pack (Kuma, Furutaka and Aoba) doesn't sail when they comes from the south. They can return fire, but not moving nor torps.

The game work normally when the pack is coming from the north at the start of the operation.

Maybe does it comes from a recent update ? Anyway, this bug needs to be fixed. Does anybody heard about a report already opened ?

World_of_warships Screenshot 2019.10.10 - 00.16.23.82.png

World_of_warships Screenshot 2019.10.09 - 23.54.30.36.png

Players
2,158 posts
14 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

In the game I was in, as I was starboard flank guard for the raptor and consorts, the ship just suddenly appeared. I thought it was a glitch at first and then when it reappeared I then took the screenshots..

But, it appeared around the finish line as you can see J1 and I1...

My clan mate also had one in his although he didn't say where or screenshot... he was told to torpedo it and so he did.

All he got was the insert coin badge.

95575690_Screenshot(703).thumb.png.f8c70b81541f0f25d0044cb1b7967dd3.png

• Cool 1