You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST - Luigi Sansonetti, Odin, Siliwangi

23 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,465 posts
3,791 battles

Today we're ready to share details of the talents belonging to the Italian unique historical commander Luigi Sansonetti:

• Upon attaining the "High Caliber" achievement, the reload time of the main caliber guns is decreased by 5%;
  • Upon destroying an enemy ship, the firing range of the main caliber guns is increased by 8%. This talent triggers once per battle;
  • Upon receiving 100 ribbons for hits with the main caliber guns, the duration of all consumables is increased by 10%. This talent triggers once per battle.

German battleship Odin, tier VIII

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Odin.jpg

Rather small caliber main battteries, relatively fast reload, torpedoes, and hydroacoustic search make Odin a decent fighter at close and medium ranges.

• Hit points – 62700. Plating - 32 mm.
  • Main battery - 3x3 305 mm. Firing range - 19.1 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 3600. Chance to cause fire – 27%. HE initial velocity - 865 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 9400. AP initial velocity - 865 m/s. Reload time - 20.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 30.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 253 м. Sigma – 2.00.
  • Torpedo tubes - 2x4 533 mm. Maximum damage - 13700. Range - 6.0 km. Speed - 64 kt. Reload time - 90 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km.
  • Secondary Armament: 2x3 150.0 mm, 6x2 128.0 mm,range - 7.5 km.
    • AA defense: 6x2 128.0 mm, 4x2 20.0 mm, 6x4 20.0 mm, 8x2 55.0 mm.
    • AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second - 109, hit probability - 70 %, action zone 0.1-2.0 km;
    • AA defense mid-range: continuous damage per second - 336, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 0.1-4.0 km;
    • AA defense long-range: continuous damage per second - 74, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 0.1-6.0 km;
    • Number of explosions in a salvo - 5, damage within an explosion - 1470, action zone 3.5 - 6.0 km.
  • Maximum speed - 30.0 kt. Turning circle radius - 790 m. Rudder shift time – 14.1 s.
  • Surface detectability – 15.3 km. Air detectability – 9.9 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11.9 km.
  • Available consumables:
  • 1 slot - Damage Control Party
  • 2 slot - Repair Party
  • 3 slot - Fighter/Spotting Aircraft
  • 4 slot - Hydroacoustic Search

Pan-Asian destroyer Siliwangi_1959, tier VIII

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_siliwangi.jpg

The Soviet 30-bis class destroyer "Volevoy" transferred to Indonesia has features of both a Soviet and Pan-Asian ship. Hydroacoustic search with a long range serves more as a defensive consumable due to relatively weak main battery artillery, therefore, the ship's main weapon are her deep-water torpedoes. 

• Hit points – 17200. Plating - 19 mm.
  • Main battery - 2x2 130 mm. Firing range - 12.5 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1900. Chance to cause fire – 8%. HE initial velocity - 870 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 2500. AP initial velocity - 870 m/s. Reload time - 5.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 18.6 s. Maximum dispersion - 109 м. Sigma – 2.00. Equipped with deep-water torpedoes that can not hit destroyers.
  • Torpedo tubes - 2x5 533 mm. Maximum damage - 17933. Range - 10.0 km. Speed - 61 kt. Reload time - 131 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 0.8 km.
  • AA defense: 1x2 85.0 mm, 4x2 37.0 mm.
    • AA defense mid-range: continuous damage per second - 106, hit probability - 100 %, action zone 0.1-3.5 km;
  • Maximum speed - 36.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 660 m. Rudder shift time – 4.0 s.
  • Surface detectability – 7.6 km. Air detectability – 3.4 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 2.9 km.
  • Available consumables:
  • 2 slot - Smoke Generator (Duration time 30 s; smoke dispersion time 70 s; reload time 150 (100) s; charges 4 (5); radius 450 m);
  • 3 slot - Hydroacoustic Search (Duration time 110 s; torpedo detection range 3.75 km; ship detection range 5.5 km; reload time 180 (120) s; charges 2(3))

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

• Cool 4

[4_0_4]
Players
7,540 posts
13,659 battles

Somehow Odin lacks the "german" look. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,469 posts
13,420 battles

Luigis commander skills are interesting but dont sound gamebreaking, I think they've been well thought out.

Odin looks interesting although like any "well armored" BB I would prefer to see the armor scheme in detail before drawing any solid conclusion. The guns look pretty good, the secondary battery with 6x 150mm and 6x 128mm looks interesting, perhaps even better than the secondary battery of Bismarck/Tirpitz. The torp angles look like Graf Spees which could be interesting too. And then it gets to also have Hydro? It certainly seems to have plenty to compensate for its 305mm calibre.

Siliwangi however (why this name? Why not Sultan Iskandar Muda?) is similar to Ognevoi for comparison;

• Siliwangi has;
    • Hull - 1,100 more HP (but no heal), 100m worse surface concealment, 400m worse air concealment. Armor is pressumably the same.
    • Maneuverability - 0.5knts slower (and no speed boost), 0.8s faster rudder shift, but 50m worse turning circle.
    • Guns - 500m more range, traverse 0.67°/s faster, AP does 100 damage less, velocity 30m/s less.
    • Torps - Cannot hit DDs, 2800 more damage, 5knts faster, detectability 300m less, but 41 second longer reload.
    • AA - It does 106/106/0 dps at short/mid/long and Ognevoi does 91/52.5/45.5, Ognevoi also has flak though just 1 cloud.
    • Consumables - Loses the option for heal and the speed boost, so it is forced to take smoke and has hydro.

Siliwangi is much more of a traditional torpedo boat than Ognevoi, although its survivability looks impaired by its reduced speed, worsened concealment and lack of heal, although the greater base hp and AA might help slightly its overall a less durable ship than Ognevoi. The torpedos are a step up from Ognevoi, they compare well with the torpedo armament of Benson, Kagero and Hsienyang with good damage and speed, but the reload time reins in the overall power. The guns are not significantly worse than Ognevois, only the traverse speed is likely to be noticable and that is an improvement for Siliwangi. Other than the torpedos, the most impactful change is the consumables, the loss of heal previously mentioned reduces the survivability considerably and forces Siliwangi to take smoke, although this may play better with the more Torpedo centric ship (the 10km range of the torps makes them usable with Siliwangis 6.1km concealment) and the speed boost is replaced with 5.5km hydro, similar to that available to Loyang. However, Loyang can take better advantage of this with guns that work better at knife fighting ranges, a situation that Siliwangi would be uncomfortable with, I'm not sure how well Siliwangi will take advantage of that.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,574 posts
16,350 battles

Well it's nice not to see another bunch of T9-10 Coal/Steel/NTC grind ships for a change.

5 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Somehow Odin lacks the "german" look. :Smile_hiding:

I think that's mostly down to the somewhat unusual camo scheme.

Assuming Odin gets armor comparable to Bismarck (aka very resilient unless shot in the huge superstructure), it should work at least to a degree.

I'm curious whether the 2.0 sigma on the guns will manage to make them at least somewhat reliable considering that dispersion appears to be plain german BB catastophe.

What will also matter a lot are the rear turret firing angles (and potentially torp firing angles as well).

• Cool 4

[4_0_4]
Players
7,540 posts
13,659 battles
16 hours ago, Toivia said:

I think that's mostly down to the somewhat unusual camo scheme.

Well, she looks alot more russian if you ask me. Especially that superfiring secondary turrent above the main battery looks quite off for a german ship.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,445 posts
10,978 battles
6 hours ago, Thanegoesinsane said:

Odin or never appearing Siegfried. Who looks better? :cap_haloween:

Sigma 2.0 on a German BB? This must be a trap...I smell nerf incoming

Scharnhorst has a 2.0 sigma so it makes sense on the Odin. Of course it is German so will straddle most targets.

Siegfried looked balance and fun when Notser tested it 2 months ago.

I expect it soon as an freeXP ship. 

:cap_win:

[T-N-T]
Players
3,574 posts
16,350 battles
4 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Well, she looks alot more russian if you ask me. Especially that superfiring secondary turrent above the main battery looks quite off for a german ship.

Hmm, Roon has one of those as well...

The thing is though, Sov. Soyuz and other planned soviet BBs were kinda inspired by german BBs lookwise, so... (I love the look of modern german BBs and specifically Soyuz - the main reason I grinded soviet BBs).

4 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Scharnhorst has a 2.0 sigma so it makes sense on the Odin. Of course it is German so will straddle most targets.

Siegfried looked balance and fun when Notser tested it 2 months ago.

I expect it soon as an freeXP ship. 

:cap_win:

Oh, Scharnie has 2.0 sigma? That's a huge NOPE for Odin then, lol.

And from all I've seen on Flambass and Flamu streams, Siehfried was very meh, so I hope for FreeXP as well. Coal would be questionnable given all the OP and very strong choices there.

• Bad 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,445 posts
10,978 battles

I just looked at some other videos. 

Only Notser liked it.

Nozoup said he’d rather brawl in an Azuma than this.

Aeroon points out that Georgia is faster with bigger guns and the same reload.

argh well

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,540 posts
13,659 battles
23 hours ago, Toivia said:

Hmm, Roon has one of those as well...

The thing is though, Sov. Soyuz and other planned soviet BBs were kinda inspired by german BBs lookwise, so... (I love the look of modern german BBs and specifically Soyuz - the main reason I grinded soviet BBs).

Roon is also completly made up by WG.

Also, atleast my opinion, does it look less silly because the Roon only has one turrent in the front.

Players
1,067 posts
12,510 battles
45 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I wonder how Odin will compare to Tirpitz?

Well maybe a better turning circle and cause it has torps and hydro it will be easier to push in it.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
389 posts
7,958 battles

Odin looks beautiful modeled ! Such a good looking ship.

She does not seem to have a lot of secondaries compared to Gneisenau which have 11x2 128 mm.

However she will have to fight in the HE inferno at that tier, so I hope she gets 32 knots of speed or a speed boost option in the 3rd slot and some better protection/hp for the torpedoes because those are the same like Tirpitz/Sister ships which pop like popcorn in a HE gunfight.

Players
8,061 posts
8,886 battles
2 hours ago, VanD4rk said:

Odin looks beautiful modeled ! Such a good looking ship.

She does not seem to have a lot of secondaries compared to Gneisenau which have 11x2 128 mm.

However she will have to fight in the HE inferno at that tier, so I hope she gets 32 knots of speed or a speed boost option in the 3rd slot and some better protection/hp for the torpedoes because those are the same like Tirpitz/Sister ships which pop like popcorn in a HE gunfight.

Torps are rear mounted like Graf Spee. for better or worse.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,540 posts
13,659 battles
6 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Torps are rear mounted like Graf Spee. for better or worse.

If she keeps the GS drop angles, I'm satisfied.

• Cool 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,941 posts
12,023 battles
5 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Siliwangi - are these Ognevoi guns?

Any Chance the guns get a little better? Like RoF for example?

We'll see in ST I guess....

[BAFLO]
Players
19 posts
6,289 battles
Am 10.10.2019 um 20:00, Tanatoy sagte:

Today we're ready to share details of the talents belonging to the Italian unique historical commander Luigi Sansonetti:

• Upon attaining the "High Caliber" achievement, the reload time of the main caliber guns is decreased by 5%;
  • Upon destroying an enemy ship, the firing range of the main caliber guns is increased by 8%. This talent triggers once per battle;
  • Upon receiving 100 ribbons for hits with the main caliber guns, the duration of all consumables is increased by 10%. This talent triggers once per battle.

German battleship Odin, tier VIII

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Odin.jpg

Rather small caliber main battteries, relatively fast reload, torpedoes, and hydroacoustic search make Odin a decent fighter at close and medium ranges.

• Hit points – 62700. Plating - 32 mm.
  • Main battery - 3x3 305 mm. Firing range - 19.1 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 3600. Chance to cause fire – 27%. HE initial velocity - 865 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 9400. AP initial velocity - 865 m/s. Reload time - 20.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 30.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 253 м. Sigma – 2.00.
  • Torpedo tubes - 2x4 533 mm. Maximum damage - 13700. Range - 6.0 km. Speed - 64 kt. Reload time - 90 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km.
  • Secondary Armament: 2x3 150.0 mm, 6x2 128.0 mm,range - 7.5 km.
    • AA defense: 6x2 128.0 mm, 4x2 20.0 mm, 6x4 20.0 mm, 8x2 55.0 mm.
    • AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second - 109, hit probability - 70 %, action zone 0.1-2.0 km;
    • AA defense mid-range: continuous damage per second - 336, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 0.1-4.0 km;
    • AA defense long-range: continuous damage per second - 74, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 0.1-6.0 km;
    • Number of explosions in a salvo - 5, damage within an explosion - 1470, action zone 3.5 - 6.0 km.
  • Maximum speed - 30.0 kt. Turning circle radius - 790 m. Rudder shift time – 14.1 s.
  • Surface detectability – 15.3 km. Air detectability – 9.9 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11.9 km.
  • Available consumables:
  • 2 slot - Repair Party
  • 3 slot - Fighter/Spotting Aircraft
  • 4 slot - Hydroacoustic Search

Pan-Asian destroyer Siliwangi_1959, tier VIII

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_siliwangi.jpg

The Soviet 30-bis class destroyer "Volevoy" transferred to Indonesia has features of both a Soviet and Pan-Asian ship. Hydroacoustic search with a long range serves more as a defensive consumable due to relatively weak main battery artillery, therefore, the ship's main weapon are her deep-water torpedoes. 

• Hit points – 17200. Plating - 19 mm.
  • Main battery - 2x2 130 mm. Firing range - 12.5 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1900. Chance to cause fire – 8%. HE initial velocity - 870 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 2500. AP initial velocity - 870 m/s. Reload time - 5.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 18.6 s. Maximum dispersion - 109 м. Sigma – 2.00. Equipped with deep-water torpedoes that can not hit destroyers.
  • Torpedo tubes - 2x5 533 mm. Maximum damage - 17933. Range - 10.0 km. Speed - 61 kt. Reload time - 131 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 0.8 km.
  • AA defense: 1x2 85.0 mm, 4x2 37.0 mm.
    • AA defense mid-range: continuous damage per second - 106, hit probability - 100 %, action zone 0.1-3.5 km;
  • Maximum speed - 36.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 660 m. Rudder shift time – 4.0 s.
  • Surface detectability – 7.6 km. Air detectability – 3.4 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 2.9 km.
  • Available consumables:
  • 2 slot - Smoke Generator (Duration time 30 s; smoke dispersion time 70 s; reload time 150 (100) s; charges 4 (5); radius 450 m);
  • 3 slot - Hydroacoustic Search (Duration time 110 s; torpedo detection range 3.75 km; ship detection range 5.5 km; reload time 180 (120) s; charges 2(3))

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

[BAFLO]
Players
19 posts
6,289 battles

Could you rename the "Odin" into "Baden"? 

In ww1 there was an german "bayernclass" ship which was called "Baden" before it was sanked in skapa flow.

Why? Bacause "Odin" isnt really german its nordic like norway or sweedish. It would just be historically accrurate.

You could also name it "Sachsen","Brandenburg","Freiburg","Frankfurt" or "Admiral Scheer" if you want to.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_Baden_(1915)

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,469 posts
13,420 battles

Odin is a Germanic god. His existence in Nordic mythology is most prominent, but he does exist in Saxon mythology as Wodan. So really, the name should be Wodan not Odin.

But, I agree that a name from Germanic mythology does not fit.

• Cool 1