Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___Moose___

Friendly Fire

12 comments in this topic

[PORT]
Players
19 posts
14,317 battles

Hi folks,

regarding the topic friendly fire: I would like to suggest implementing a "pardon"-option for the victim. In some cases where I had been on the receiving end of an friendly-fire-incident (victim) I felt it unfair that the offender got punished because:

a) the offender apologized

b) it was in a good and nice destroyer knife-fight or a good melee (and yeah... sometimes crap happens)

c) I sailed into the torps or in front of the offender's firing ship

Cheers,

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I dont really see a downside to implementing this.

But on the other hand, I also REALLY dont see this getting any kind of priority - WG have shedloads of much much bigger fish to fry, including ones that they want to implement but arugably shouldnt, and ones that they arguably should implement/fix but apparently dont give a toss about...

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,403 posts
18,576 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

But on the other hand, I also REALLY dont see this getting any kind of priority - WG have shedloads of much much bigger fish to fry, including ones that they want to implement but arugably shouldnt, and ones that they arguably should implement/fix but apparently dont give a toss about...

Agreed.

[PORT]
Players
19 posts
14,317 battles

I totally agree that the gents of WG have quite interesting and more urgent construction sites ongoing, however just give it a thought

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
1,890 posts
3,709 battles
17 minutes ago, moose_jaw said:

Hi folks,

regarding the topic friendly fire: I would like to suggest implementing a "pardon"-option for the victim. In some cases where I had been on the receiving end of an friendly-fire-incident (victim) I felt it unfair that the offender got punished because:

b) it was in a good and nice destroyer knife-fight or a good melee (and yeah... sometimes crap happens)

Cheers,

That is one of the best idea's I've heard in a while :cap_like:

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
55 minutes ago, moose_jaw said:

Hi folks,

Cheers,

This isn't the first time this has been suggested (far from it in fact), every time it's given a stern ignoring by WG staff. 

48 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Indeed.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,673 posts
11,797 battles
4 hours ago, moose_jaw said:

Hi folks,

Cheers,

To really get punished you need to be

a) extremely careless (torping from second line on regular basis)

b) attacking teammates on purpose

c) really, really, REALLY unlucky

In the first two cases - you deserve the punishment. In the last case - you suffer through a couple coop matches and you're good again. And if you find yourself in c) more than once or twice in your entire WoWs career, then you're actually the case of a), sorry.

Basically, there's no real problem that would be fixed by "pardon" option. There are, however, problems that would be caused by it. Having such a system would lead many entitled second-line torpers to demand being "pardoned" by their victims. They would also feel wrong and offended if their demands were not met. Simply having the option to pardon someone for damaging/sinking you would increase the toxicity of chat and probably generate some "idiots sail into my torps and refuse to pardon me even though it's clearly all their fault!" threads on the Forum. The gain (the ability to save someone from getting pink once a blue moon) is just not nearly worth it.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,673 posts
11,797 battles
4 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

There is a pretty big downside, actually. You see, currently there's no real incentive for the teamkiller to further harass their victim - they might still rage but there's nothing they can get from the person they damaged/sunk, making any complaints nothing but useless venting. Implementing a system like this creates a situation where someone acknowledging that it was their fault that they got torped might actually benefit the teamkiller. Imagine how the entitled second-line torpers (that we sometimes see popping up here on the Forum) would behave if they knew that they actually CAN be spared changing color as long as they get their victim to agree to click the "pardon" button. And imagine how many of the victims are going to respond to "you should pardon me, it's your fault that you ran into my torps" demands.

This is just asking for extra toxicity.

• Cool 3

[PORT]
Players
19 posts
14,317 battles

@eliastion, your critism is indeed justified...

20 hours ago, eliastion said:

There is a pretty big downside, actually. You see, currently there's no real incentive for the teamkiller to further harass their victim - they might still rage but there's nothing they can get from the person they damaged/sunk, making any complaints nothing but useless venting. Implementing a system like this creates a situation where someone acknowledging that it was their fault that they got torped might actually benefit the teamkiller. Imagine how the entitled second-line torpers (that we sometimes see popping up here on the Forum) would behave if they knew that they actually CAN be spared changing color as long as they get their victim to agree to click the "pardon" button. And imagine how many of the victims are going to respond to "you should pardon me, it's your fault that you ran into my torps" demands.

This is just asking for extra toxicity.

"you should pardon me, it's your fault that you ran into my torps"

.... I must say that you are right in that regard. Kinda scary, isn't it?

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Players
19 posts
14,317 battles

Folks, u are right - such a "pardon"-system would lead to more toxic chats and therefore scrap that idea. Not feasible.

[BBMM]
Players
5,859 posts
7,390 battles
4 minutes ago, moose_jaw said:

Folks, u are right - such a "pardon"-system would lead to more toxic chats and therefore I have to agree that you are right, such pardon-system would not work.

It would work if we had a world without blithering toxic idiots.

But... I can see the "press pardon you n00B or I'll fire the complete set" coming already... :Smile_hiding:

Still, thanks for reminding that we actually DO HAVE some considerate players here. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7298734

Sign in to follow this