Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

Huanghe propulsion mod 2

10 comments in this topic

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles

The Huanghe. Yup, i got it in the tier 6 premium container. 

Reading LWMs review (mov 2017?) I read that it has built in propulsion mod 2, like british light cruisers. 

It doesnt though. Was this changed at some point? If so, why?

I cant find a changelog on it so i wonder if it was even changed intentionally, or if it wasnt a thing to begin with. 

Grtz Isoruku_Yamamoto

[-TPF-]
Players
3,822 posts
15,687 battles

I've never seen any sign of it having the mobility of Brit cruisers or built in anything.  This is one of the problems she has, really - you need to be really careful when using your smoke because you can get caught not being able to accelerate clear of danger when it ends, as you can in a Leander.

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

I've never seen any sign of it having the mobility of Brit cruisers or built in anything.  This is one of the problems she has, really - you need to be really careful when using your smoke because you can get caught not being able to accelerate clear of danger when it ends, as you can in a Leander.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/143823-premium-ship-review-huanghe/

clearly mentions it here that its supposed to act like the british folks

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,951 battles

I do not think it can actually be checked in any way.

How you can actually check if british have it? I mean other way than your perception of things.

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I do not think it can actually be checked in any way.

How you can actually check if british have it? I mean other way than your perception of things.

Thats actually simple, the british are unable to equip Propulsion Modification 2. The Huanghe supposedly was unable to when it was released, but now is able to equip it. 

[TTT]
Players
2,088 posts
21,023 battles

I got the Huang He from a supercontainer on WG's last birthday (17.09.2018). She had no build-in prop mod 2.

Maybe LWM mixed something up with an earlier test version of the ship or she tested a different version than was released. Also, very first line in your quote:

The following is a review of Huanghe, a ship kindly provided to me by Wargaming. To the best of my knowledge, this is the release version of the ship and the stats are current as of November 30th, 2017.

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles
3 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I got the Huang He from a supercontainer on WG's last birthday (17.09.2018). She had no build-in prop mod 2.

Maybe LWM mixed something up with an earlier test version of the ship or she tested a different version than was released. Also, very first line in your quote:

Huanghe was released on november 30 2017, so that should be the final version. 

I am just wondering if it got changed, because it seems like it right? 

[TTT]
Players
2,088 posts
21,023 battles
1 hour ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Huanghe was released on november 30 2017, so that should be the final version.

I doubt that LWM play-tested the ship and wrote the whole review on Nov 30. She tested the ship before release, who knows what version that was.

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles
2 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I doubt that LWM play-tested the ship and wrote the whole review on Nov 30. She tested the ship before release, who knows what version that was.

Welll...

Quote: 

I didn't get access to the ship until after she had been put up for sale, which is why this is being published now instead of prior to release as I would prefer.

so it wouldve been released that way then right?

Sign in to follow this