Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

New captains with voice acting and sounds

17 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,344 posts
18,372 battles

The Halloween event is only a few days away, and testing the new mode on the PTS made me think. 

For the first time, we have Halloween-ish VA going on, even tho it's the standard mesasages run through a bad filter. 

How sad is it that WG didn't take the opportunity to give These special captains their own VA?

It would add so much atmosphere and would be worth a bit more credits and coal or whatever the currency of the week currently is. 

Same thing for Halloween themed ships, while some have awesome gun sounds, others do not.

And playing the Shokkaku with Halloween camo and Hearing Standard lawnmover sounds instead of the 'flap flap flap' you'd expect from Bat like creatures...it breaks Immersion. WG, pls fix this! @MrConway @Crysantos

Apart from that, i'd like to see Yamamoto, Halsey and all the other elite/ legendary captains getting their own voice lines.

I'd also like to see 'special' captains - like Jingles - with their own VA, and while their are many i would like to have, one stands out:

Achmed the dead Terrorist! 

Imagine hearing, instead of the standard 'good luck and fair seas', his usual greeting 'greetings infidels'! :Smile_veryhappy:

Pls gib WG, you has moneys enough to hire voice actors and gib theme ships nice sound effects.

What are your choices fellas? 

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,569 posts
13,476 battles
7 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Apart from that, i'd like to see Yamamoto, Halsey and all the other elite/ legendary captains getting their own voice lines.

I've wanted this from the beginning. I kinda expected they would make the effort here... was disappointed when they did not. 

Players
6,753 posts
245 battles
17 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

I've wanted this from the beginning. I kinda expected they would make the effort here... was disappointed when they did not. 

‘Its on our low priority list’.

’can be done within a week’.

wat.

its like how the guns all sound the same half the time even if they are different calibers except at certain levels.

• Cool 1

Players
3,338 posts
16,037 battles

I don't care about halloween (either in Game or "Real Life"), but if they introduce Shoviet Shubmarines then they need Sean Connery for the voiceovers.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
6,753 posts
245 battles
51 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

*laughs in weeb*

but there isn't an enterpresent captain silleh.

*sits quietly*

[CAIN]
Players
4,344 posts
18,372 battles
5 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

but there isn't an enterpresent captain silleh.

*sits quietly*

There isn't? 

I am pretty sure there was a Enterprise anime captain in the bundle. 

Players
6,753 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

There isn't? 

I am pretty sure there was a Enterprise anime captain in the bundle. 

sweats.gif.375362d2e36417a2b7dc507e3ef9b379.gif

dunno.

*leaves thread*

[S-O-M]
Players
645 posts

Sorry for being very un pc, in an environment where gender is taboo, I’m surprised no ones played the “you can’t call that ship she”, yet 😏.

Anyway instead of some relics, some famous skippers and some heavy metal looking skippers couldn’t we have the option of customisation, I.e put ourselves in the game as a skipper, but with the unique ability of commanding all ships in your port, and with zero re-training.

I’d also like to see Dasha make a return as a captain in national uniform, I.e for RN dressed as a Wren Officer not as a 1860 Madame.

[CAIN]
Players
4,344 posts
18,372 battles
9 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

Sorry for being very un pc, in an environment where gender is taboo, I’m surprised no ones played the “you can’t call that ship she”, yet 😏.

Anyway instead of some relics, some famous skippers and some heavy metal looking skippers couldn’t we have the option of customisation, I.e put ourselves in the game as a skipper, but with the unique ability of commanding all ships in your port, and with zero re-training.

I’d also like to see Dasha make a return as a captain in national uniform, I.e for RN dressed as a Wren Officer not as a 1860 Madame.

There's no money to make in a customisation option. 

There's also no money to make when you allow players to have a captain you don't have to retrain. 

Probability of this ever happening: several orders of magnitude smaller then a snowballs chance in hell. 

[S-O-M]
Players
645 posts
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

There's no money to make in a customisation option. 

There's also no money to make when you allow players to have a captain you don't have to retrain. 

Probability of this ever happening: several orders of magnitude smaller then a snowballs chance in hell. 

Unless they charge 8000+ dabs for it, wouldn’t you pay if you could become an in game captain 😋. As for Dasha the same again what ever your nation you’re from seeing her in your navies uniform is going to sell.

[CAIN]
Players
4,344 posts
18,372 battles
2 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

Unless they charge 8000+ dabs for it, wouldn’t you pay if you could become an in game captain 😋. As for Dasha the same again what ever your nation you’re from seeing her in your navies uniform is going to sell.

Me? No. 

Dasha? Yeah, i guess that would sell. 

[S-O-M]
Players
645 posts
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Me? No. 

Dasha? Yeah, i guess that would sell. 

There are too many male captains and not enough women that don’t like a cartoon character, some 1860’s stuck up Madame or a punk chick, Dasha would definitely sell.

Players
6,753 posts
245 battles
17 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

There are too many male captains and not enough women that don’t like a cartoon character, some 1860’s stuck up Madame or a punk chick, Dasha would definitely sell.

i'd rather have a useful captain since you dont see the captains in battle anyway in anyway shape or form.

loike a secondary and survivability captain!

[S-O-M]
Players
645 posts
52 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

i'd rather have a useful captain since you dont see the captains in battle anyway in anyway shape or form.

loike a secondary and survivability captain!

Exactly only you see what Captains you’d have and personally along with the famous ones I’d prefer to see Dasha in the relevant uniform, it would even persuade me to do the unthinkable; get a Russian bote.

Why do we camo our ships up, be honest, because they look cool, so why not have the game’s good looking anchor woman ( pun intended) in uniform ??.

I’ve seen posts about good looking and sexy ships, there’s already ample male captains so in the name of equality why can’t we have the very good looking Dasha in naval uniforms of all the nations ?.

Players
460 posts
2,228 battles

I wouldn't mind some famous football commentators...

Also because there will never be a Belgian ship in this game I want the legendary football keeper Jean-Marie Pfaff as a German commander (his German is still better than mine).

[S-O-M]
Players
645 posts

What about daffy ( keeping the water theme), instead of the usual salt and abuse “your despicable” rings out as you sink em 😏.

Don’t know if there’s ever been a poll or talk about the skippers, but given WG’s attraction to money and premiums I’m very surprised that there aren’t permanent camos and skippers (e.g Dasha in national uniform) for us to buy.

what about having basil fawlty as a skipper, at least you’d die laughing.

Sign in to follow this