You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
DragonTM_EU

[Sound Mod Creator 2.1] Create Sound Mods

21 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
4 battles

Hello,

Sound Mod Creator is designed to modify sound and effects in World of Warships game.
You can replace any game sounds with your own or turn them off.

Before using Sound Mod Creator, make sure you have 6977 version of Wwise software by AUDIOKINETIC installed.

Spoiler

146bdc6186c41f6b3c27e58e76b0e219.png

Download the archive and unpack it in a place convenient for you

Before using the program, it’s better to read short instruction

1. Preparing to get started.

Spoiler

1.1 For correct operation of the software, it must be pre-configured.
To do this, go to the "Options" menu item → "Settings"

Next, you must specify the path to the folder with the game, WWISE folder, WWISE project and and the path to the file mod.xml

• Directory with the game: specify the path to the game client WorldOfWarships
  • WWise directory: by default, the program is installed in the Directory C:/Program Files (x86)/Audiokinetic/Wwise 2019.1.1.6977/Authoring/x64/Release/bin
  • Project file WWise: the archive has a directory with the project SoundModCreator_v2.0.0/res/wows_conversion_project19_Only_Windows/conv_19_WIN.wproj
  • Mod.xml path: the archive has a directory with a special file SoundModCreator_v2.0.0/res/mod_data/res/banks/mod.xml

60397b331e20e22909a9c29942e6af3c.png

2. Creating a modification

Spoiler

2.1 To create a modification, you need to configure the application.
If the application is configured, select "File" → "New Project".
Next, select working folder and name of the mod.

Note: the "Copy Files" option copies all audio files to the project's working folder. 
We recommend to turn it on.

2.2 After creating a new project, on the left side of the screen the application will show the game events available for modification

43924aef5ae249ce08e7e078d7d387ec.png

For sound modification of an event, click on it with the left mouse button.
For quick navigation through the events, you can search by name by clicking RMB on the event list.

2.3 After selecting the event, the sounds of which you are going to modify, you can start editing it.
In the central part of the screen, there is the working area of the so-called "chains" of conditions (clarifications), 
when this or that sound will be played.
The initial clarification is called "Default (*)", this condition is always satisfied. 
However, you can add other clarifications, for example a specific name of the ship.
Let's study “The Battle Begins!" event.
We will modify it so that on Graf Zeppelin ship for example, some hymn will be played instead of "The Battle Begins!"

2.4 To do this, you need to add a clarification - Ship Name, and find Graf Zeppelin ship in it.
Pressing ">>" button will show the conditions available for this event.
Next, it is necessary to choose at least one clarification for modification in each column.
Select the desired chain and add it to modification by clicking "Add Path" button.

2.5 Suppose that, in addition to Graf Zeppelin, we have decided to add our sounds of the beginning of the battle to Bismark and Tirpitz ships.
Find them by search and add with the ctrl button both at once.
Next, like in the previous article add the chain and the path.

3. Working with files and generating a mod

Spoiler

3.1 To add your audio files, select the desired chain and click on "..." button.
You will get to the file selection window for this chain.
Files can be added here either by dragging with the mouse or by using the "Select Files" button.
After selecting the files, click OK and you will see the files added to the path datasheet.
Supported formats are*.mp3 and * .wav

3.2 After adding files, this event is marked as modified (white color).
Let's proceed to mod generation.
Select "File" → "Generate the mod".
We will get to the mod generation window.

3.3 In the mod generation window, there is WWISE debugging information output and the bootstrap line of modification creation process.
To generate the mod, you need to click the "Generate" button.
Your audio files are automatically generated in a format supported by the game - * .wem and a configuration file for the modification will be created.
To avoid errors and malfunction of the game, the configuration file is not recommended to be edited directly.
Sound Mod Creator was designed for creating and editing modifications.
After the generation, the path where the modification is located will be displayed.
By default, completed modifications are copied to the res_mods folder.

Done! Your mod is available for use. Do not forget to select it in the game settings.

UPD 27.03.2020

The program has been updated to version 2.1

Program changes:

• fixed bug loading previously created projects
  • Cool 2

Players
4 posts
6,082 battles

I followed the instruction carefully, but nothing changes... I wanted to modify the gun sound of the Minotaur, so it wasn't a voice, maybe is it because of this?

[OCG-R]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
730 posts
16,398 battles

i have a question :

what type of calibre correspond to

XS / S / M / L / XL / XXL ?

I just want to change the sound of some guns, and with this choice, it's a bit difficult to pick the right one

Spoiler

image.png.2dac1829178d7606b1277b453287e91a.png

Administrator
272 posts
11 battles
9 hours ago, Et3rnity_fr said:

I just want to change the sound of some guns, and with this choice, it's a bit difficult to pick the right one

Hi, example for change main gun sound

Spoiler

B7xDitVYlQ6NAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Modder
4,872 posts
22,135 battles
On 2/5/2020 at 8:08 AM, MatroseFuchs said:

Hi, example for change main gun sound

Hello

Is there any possibility to add sounds to different events by himself (in .swf, unbound, unbound2) ? Ex. My ship is spotted (not enemy ships), incoming salvo etc. Is there such command or other way, which can be used to achieve this ?

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,665 posts
23,256 battles

Many thanks for this very fine tool :Smile_honoring:
So.
Just now i know how to use it, starting with making my own sound bank for new mod, but i have a small problem.
It is possible to somehow play default events? I need to know what i am exactly changing. Tehy are described very well but still will be better to hear them.
And i'm sorry for my rusty english :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[NEU]
Players
38 posts
12,247 battles

hey . i'm going to  the wwise download page but it's just impossible to dowload the version needed.

if you have the install file . should be great !

than k you !!

[NEU]
Players
38 posts
12,247 battles

Hi again.

i made it works but i have one question :

is it possible to 'open' a created mod without using rve or rvm files?

it seems that the autosave i have are old and i do not have my entire mod in it...

maybe by using directly the xml ??

thanks a lot !

Administrator
272 posts
11 battles
15 hours ago, Mikeldj said:

is it possible to 'open' a created mod without using rve or rvm files?

Hi, to open a project you need the file project rvm.

[NEU]
Players
38 posts
12,247 battles
1 hour ago, MatroseFuchs said:

Hi, to open a project you need the file project rvm.

ok. so i have to do it again :Smile_ohmy:

thank you !

Players
93 posts
13,378 battles

Hi, i just try to Add Voice of Helena from Azur Lane, but i cant find all voices such like (Command focus target if u order your teem to focus an enemy ship) its still default (englisch). Furthermore the name of this Voice Ordner isnt shown its just an empty entry... But i can select it and all sounds i have modded are functional. But i cant find all Voices i need where i can find them all?

Spoiler

shot-20_06.02_13_43.02-0066.thumb.jpg.cbf65816f281a4b7a8469b8cb4909f72.jpgOrdner.thumb.jpg.33714f54f2f0eaab1525b3400e24728d.jpg391084972_SoundCreator.thumb.jpg.cd85ebbb0ced112bec8847431043c6ab.jpg

so it looks like 

But the Ordner Azur_Montpelier looks like following....

Spoiler

696742525_Montpelierbeispiel.thumb.jpg.6e9c57cf7577b0de2a09c94bc23aaa8a.jpg

now my question where i can find all these Voices ? ....

Players
1 post
1,235 battles

since there is no info on what of the list is for what type of ship/caliber etc, I tried to change the audio for all of the guns that are listed on PJSB018 (Yamato) but it doesnt work. Yes the mod is selected in Settings
and yes I tried multiple ones 1 by 1
Any idea?

The "chain" is in the 2nd picture

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Modder
4,872 posts
22,135 battles

Anyone knows how to mod sounds ex. from sound_banks_0001.pkg ?

I unpacked .bnk files from .pkg, then converted ex. content_ui_battle.bnk to mp3 and made some changes. Now, how to make my changes to work ? Pack them again into .bnk, then .pkg (but how ?) or place them somewhere in res_mods folder ex. /res_mods/0.9.6.0/banks/High/content_ui_battle/0010.mp3 ?

edit. will try Wwise

Players
2 posts
7,922 battles

Hi there,

after trying this tool some time ago, now it´s not finding the mod.xml anymore.

I dont get "grey lights" for the game path too.

WoWs Version is 0.9.6.0.2670690 EU-Server

Are there some major changes cause of the WG soundupdate?

I have a bunch of sounds recorded, would be sad it was wasted time...

Sound mod failure.jpg

Modder
4,872 posts
22,135 battles
On 7/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, Maggotlord said:

Are there some major changes cause of the WG soundupdate?

There was some chages in files structure in 0.9.6. Try to add path to mod.xml directory, which is located in /bin/2666186/res/banks in your game folder. If this not work (I don't used this program). copy (...)/banks dir to /res

[-REM-]
Players
17 posts
6,979 battles

Hi,

I'm trying to modify voices for Dunkerque but there's no "Ship Name" category in the chains. There's a "Ship Indexes" category that I think is the same but it has names like "PAES328" instead and I don't know which ship it corresponds to.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.06fd7ec534f13087f76b7256b6d02aa0.png

Do you kown where I can find a corresponding table of these names?

Thanks.

Players
3 posts
815 battles
1 hour ago, Blaze57530 said:

Hi,

I'm trying to modify voices for Dunkerque but there's no "Ship Name" category in the chains. There's a "Ship Indexes" category that I think is the same but it has names like "PAES328" instead and I don't know which ship it corresponds to.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.06fd7ec534f13087f76b7256b6d02aa0.png

Do you kown where I can find a corresponding table of these names?

Thanks.

Dunkerque is PFES306, and I found a list under "res\gui\permoflages\", if you have WoWs Unpack Tool.

[-REM-]
Players
17 posts
6,979 battles
On 7/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, BeastlyVGC said:

Dunkerque is PFES306, and I found a list under "res\gui\permoflages\", if you have WoWs Unpack Tool.

Thanks. By the way, I tried with some basic modification but I have no results at all. I did everything like you explained and the process was said successful by the SMC, but I can't find the mod in-game.

Players
3 posts
815 battles
12 hours ago, Blaze57530 said:

Thanks. By the way, I tried with some basic modification but I have no results at all. I did everything like you explained and the process was said successful by the SMC, but I can't find the mod in-game.

Check if it exists in the game folders, and that the mod.xml and  '.wem' files are there

[-REM-]
Players
17 posts
6,979 battles
9 hours ago, BeastlyVGC said:

Check if it exists in the game folders, and that the mod.xml and  '.wem' files are there

There's only the mod.xml file.

Players
3 posts
815 battles
2 minutes ago, Blaze57530 said:

There's only the mod.xml file.

You have to click the 'Generate WEM' button when you are creating your mod