You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Halloween: Nightmare Operations

43 comments in this topic

Players
5,768 posts
10,767 battles
10 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm so excited. Not only Halo Ops are around the corner but

I 'll revisit my favourite ships of Halloween of all times.

Magnum -SSvyatozar

Hell yeah! And I will be manning my precious Urashima again!!!!!11 :cap_win:

Urashima! I'm coming for you! :fish_cute_2:

Soon we will be reunited once again! :cat_cool:

Both of them are miles away from that crappy Octopus and crappy Leviathan.

To this day I just say nah to Mogami and to NC is a strait No.

Mogami - everyone loves that ship with 155 mm but nobody wrote that it needs the go faster turret skill and module to be the Mogami I read about so many times, so I didn't take neither one, and what I got was an entire different ship, I didn't like it despite playing a lot because of the consumable.

NC - Well, despite of it's reputation, was just not for me.  

Have fun

@NothingButTheRain PM and main armament mode  1 coming up. I have lots of credits this year, I only hope I don't go almost bankrupt like did two years ago, where after part 1 and part 2 I spent almost 20 millions credits

I'm so glad we spoke about that just yesterday or so, maybe this time the torps will be more reliable.

Upps.

What about Gorgon?

Will be the old one or the reworked thing?

What will be the implications?

I'm rocking the Charles Martel camo right now, but would like to have more of the halloween camos. Lets hope the halloween crates are not as bad a deal as they were last year :Smile-_tongue:

Players
143 posts
10,736 battles
On 10/13/2019 at 1:19 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

Hell yeah! And I will be manning my precious Urashima again!!!!!11 :cap_win:

Urashima! I'm coming for you! :fish_cute_2:

Soon we will be reunited once again! :cat_cool:

I'm rocking the Charles Martel camo right now, but would like to have more of the halloween camos. Lets hope the halloween crates are not as bad a deal as they were last year :Smile-_tongue:

Hope is for fools , ex I allways hope to win ship from SC , I have 18 T10 ships = 18 sc + 3 dir+1 5% +1 random = 23 SC I got 100k freeexp, 67 days premium ,3k dobloons, 100 gamescom camo and a loot of signals that no one need , I play 18 months game and I got 100-120 SC (campain + random) and I have never won any ship , not even [edited]krasny krym , so I have no hope to win any camo for ship that I enjoy playing , if I want camo I need to buy it, that is WG  business model.

Players
5,768 posts
10,767 battles
8 hours ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

Hope is for fools , ex I allways hope to win ship from SC , I have 18 T10 ships = 18 sc + 3 dir+1 5% +1 random = 23 SC I got 100k freeexp, 67 days premium ,3k dobloons, 100 gamescom camo and a loot of signals that no one need , I play 18 months game and I got 100-120 SC (campain + random) and I have never won any ship , not even [edited]krasny krym , so I have no hope to win any camo for ship that I enjoy playing , if I want camo I need to buy it, that is WG  business model.

Well, I've received Atlanta from a SC and later Mutsu from one of those xmas crates (iirc), but tbf this was like almost 2 years ago?

But still, Atlanta helped me enable good FXP farm with which I could get ships like the Missery, Musashi, Kron and Alaska and the Gamescom camos I won last year helped me a great deal in obtaining a great amount of credits, of which I have now spend virtually all to purchase tier 9 and 10 ships and the loot from those crates was pretty decent. No free ships alas, but at least I got some ships through other means.

And hope has made you feel disappointed it seems. RNG is not fair by design, but this has little to do with hope in general. The mistake is depending too much on that hope. Expect nothing and it won't change RNG but will change how you perceive things.

Players
405 posts
2,573 battles

Looks terrible and I also don't see anything I'd actually want. Is there a chance of a premium ship or something? If not, meh. 

• Cool 1

[-NYX-]
Players
178 posts
6,374 battles

Well, I really can't see any reason to look forward to this years Halloween....

No Steel, no good amounts of coal, gold nor premium ships.

Childish and ugly skins....
(I know you can turn-off Looney Tunes in game)
Sorry but sailing across the waters in a silly outfit might be nice for a child-level-fantasy game.... but in a serious naval-battle game I never saw any use for it.

• Cool 1

Players
405 posts
2,573 battles

Well, I logged in to play some scenario battles since they're really nice for my tier6 grinds but I can't, the option is not there like yesterday. Sure, I can selected it under "other operations" but the option to click battle is not there and I am notified I "can only complete this operation as part of a division" what??? I mean... seriously??? 

So basically this Halloween mode is forced on me or else play randoms. So I gave the Halloween mode a go, why not right? Well, the why not is it's totally pointless since there's nothing worth playing for on offer in, but apart from that minor detail of "why not" I sailed ahead regardless. So, only 3 ships available right now, ok, fine. I'll play the destroyer I said to myself, used the free captains skills first of course to get as good a ship as I could. Right, lets go, nice start, killing bot zombie ships or whatever they're supposed to be and.... its all over. Same as scenarios there's a half hour cool down. Fine when you have lots of tier6 ships to chose but this is a battle mode fixed to 3 bloody ships and I really don't want to play battleships so there's 2 choices really. I played it about 5 times and only 1 win, not a 5 star win but a win of sorts. It's obviously tuned too difficult for the average bob to complete as part of a random team and the Transylvanian ship gets killed off about 3/4 of the way through. Part of it is the BB are all attacking head on and from all directions so and they also sometimes spawn literally on top of your ship. All of which means, you have nothing but frontal battle ships attacking you from all directions which means you can't really hurt them but since there's eventually a BB at all sides of the team this means that the sides of our ships are most definitely getting hammered from at least several directions... and all the while the catapults are doing a job on the team too. 

It's hard to be positive about this, I guess I could sum it up in short by asking why the HELL did you guys at WG have to go and remove the standard scenario option? I'm not going to go off creating some division of my own in which to play it so you've effectively removed it and I really can't see me playing this game much as it stands. Nice one guys, keep up the good work

[DUXTR]
Beta Tester
17 posts
1,565 battles

atleast add the ability to queue for the harder modes, some of us don't have time to hunt for a division to play or just don't want to. 

• Cool 1

[-MCD-]
Players
29 posts
7,245 battles

errr @The_EURL_Guy

did you really mean to have the halloween hard and super hard difficulties set to division only?

and a clanmate is saying he tried to play in a 2 player div and it still wouldnt let them play either difficulty.

ive received the twitch mission to get 4 stars in each difficulty. how am i going to do that if i need a 7 person division to play the scenarios?!?!

please help!

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,064 posts
7 minutes ago, Carramber1 said:

this is a bot

8 minutes ago, Carramber1 said:

and a clanmate is saying he tried to play in a 2 player div and it still wouldnt let them play either difficulty.

afaik divisions for operations need at least 4 players

8 minutes ago, Carramber1 said:

ive received the twitch mission to get 4 stars in each difficulty. how am i going to do that if i need a 7 person division to play the scenarios?!?!

you need at least three others...but I doubt that you can finish those scenarios on super hard with less than 7 players...

[-MCD-]
Players
29 posts
7,245 battles

okay thanks for the clarification :-)@Klopirat

in that case..... 

@Crysantos is it intended to be division only for the hard and super hard difficulties on the halloween operations?

as id like to play them and at best i could get 2 friends to division with me at anyone time.

many thanks

Players
405 posts
2,573 battles

This Halloween mode needs to be tweaked. It's too difficult and 1 win from 6 so far. Teams make it to about 75-80% of the required distance before the protected ship gets killed off and from the 1 win, 4 of 5 mission requirements were satisfied. So for all that invested time and effort I was bagging about 5-20k credits per battle.

Available options to tweak are 1 of the following.

1.The catapults can be deemed as hitting too hard, too accurate and shooting too frequently 

2. The target ship that needs protecting(Transylvania?) needs more hp it simply doesn't survive the barrage of non-stop spawning bow facing BB's from all sides.

3. Number and orientation of BB's. They're manageable up to about the half way stage but then start spawning way too frequently and the are all attacking from head on which obviously means they are not showing much in the way of a weak point or something which can be penned so they are lasting way too long which means more BB's spawn before you can adequately deal with enough of them to keep numbers to a sustainable level. Also, since they are spawning from all directions, this means that on some flank, you and your teammates weak points, sides etc, are totally exposed to big hits from the bow facing BB's.

4. 8k credits for 14 minutes of play and causing a $hit ton of damage? really? Ok it was a loss but really? It makes it not worth bothering with and another thing, since this is the only scenario battle that can be played solo, it sort of makes the game not worth bothering with either. Since the only alternative is the sappy rewarding Co-op or the utter $hit fest of cowardly, camping, redline, play and bottom tier MM you call random battles. 

So if you could alter any of the above, that would be much appreciated. 

• Cool 1

Players
238 posts
1,832 battles
23 minutes ago, Morski_Dzik said:

This year is not worthy to play event, i better focus on Italian event. 

I kinda get the feeling that is what WG intended..... :Smile_hiding:

[_SEA_]
Players
3 posts
3,544 battles
Am 18.10.2019 um 13:06, Sir_Sinksalot sagte:

1.The catapults can be deemed as hitting too hard, too accurate and shooting too frequently

Keep moving and maneuvering, catapults have literally 0 dispersion plus your BBs should easily be able to deal with them via AP means, priority targets at all times.

2. The target ship that needs protecting(Transylvania?) needs more hp it simply doesn't survive the barrage of non-stop spawning bow facing BB's from all sides.

DDs have smoke for a reason. Simply hide Trans in tricky situations and unless maybe for an early odd catapult hit she shouldn't take much damage until VERY late in the op (if at all).

3. Number and orientation of BB's. They're manageable up to about the half way stage but then start spawning way too frequently and the are all attacking from head on which obviously means they are not showing much in the way of a weak point or something which can be penned so they are lasting way too long which means more BB's spawn before you can adequately deal with enough of them to keep numbers to a sustainable level. Also, since they are spawning from all directions, this means that on some flank, you and your teammates weak points, sides etc, are totally exposed to big hits from the bow facing BB's.

The Zikasa doesn't fire its main guns even on Super Hard (unless that was changed since Saturday ^^) so while their angle isn't ideal for BBs, your CA's HE spam and DD torps will help wearing them down in suitable time. C'mon it's a team effort after all like any other OP.

4. 8k credits for 14 minutes of play and causing a $hit ton of damage? really? Ok it was a loss but really? It makes it not worth bothering with and another thing, since this is the only scenario battle that can be played solo, it sort of makes the game not worth bothering with either. Since the only alternative is the sappy rewarding Co-op or the utter $hit fest of cowardly, camping, redline, play and bottom tier MM you call random battles.

Please tell me one game mode that's rewarding lots of credits for a loss? Granted even when you win the OP you'll only get about as many credits as you need to pay for an order but you get some 2-4k elite cap XP (before flags) which in my opinion is a lot more valuable than petty cash.

Players
405 posts
2,573 battles
22 minutes ago, DukeGarland said:

Keep moving and maneuvering, catapults have literally 0 dispersion plus your BBs should easily be able to deal with them via AP means, priority targets at all times.

DDs have smoke for a reason. Simply hide Trans in tricky situations and unless maybe for an early odd catapult hit she shouldn't take much damage until VERY late in the op (if at all).

The Zikasa doesn't fire its main guns even on Super Hard (unless that was changed since Saturday ^^) so while their angle isn't ideal for BBs, your CA's HE spam and DD torps will help wearing them down in suitable time. C'mon it's a team effort after all like any other OP.

Please tell me one game mode that's rewarding lots of credits for a loss? Granted even when you win the OP you'll only get about as many credits as you need to pay for an order but you get some 2-4k elite cap XP (before flags) which in my opinion is a lot more valuable than petty cash.

I stuck with it a few more times and implemented a lot of those suggested strats but far too often my teammates just seemed to struggle with the concept of who should be doing what and very often they were off doing their own thing and Trans paved the way unguarded towards the end game, catapults were ignored and I'd always end up dying with Trans agonizingly close to reaching the final destination when my DD would get overwhelmed by enemy spawns and fire.

So I can totally see how easy it could be if everyone on the team sensibly did what they should.

I guess overall I just don't like the mode which is maybe a little strange since I find the regular scenario battles to be one of my favorite offerings. Perhaps an established player with zillions of credits and lots of ships and highly trained captains wouldn't understand my point of view so much. As a new player, I don't have much credits and so any time I spend playing this game, apart from obviously enjoying it, is time I would like to be allocating to building up credits, grinding captain skills and making progress with the next ship along with generating the ability to purchase that ship.

With standard Scenarios battles I have been able to do that, to grind through tier6 ships while also having great fun, grinding my captains skills to adequate levels so crucial to taking on higher tiers along with generating credits by which to purchase the tier7 offerings of the various T6 ships I have but as of now, I have not been able to purchase a tier7, I am not grinding credits in this game mode and I am not making any inroads in my captains skills so while the Halloween mode is probably ok'ish, I'm not at all happy that my ability to play scenarios has been removed along with all its benefits mentioned... unless I form a platoon or something, I can't just click in to one as before, like a random battle. 

[-GG-]
Players
306 posts
16,897 battles

Why is actually Hard / Super Hard available only in divisions ?  It's pretty retarded to search 30 minutes on chat for 6 guys who are in fact as random as a normal random game would do. Tried Super Hard 3 times so far and wasn't even close to win even one star  :cap_viking: 

[_SEA_]
Players
3 posts
3,544 battles
Vor 45 Minuten, Sir_Sinksalot sagte:

I stuck with it a few more times and implemented a lot of those suggested strats but far too often my teammates just seemed to struggle with the concept of who should be doing what and very often they were off doing their own thing and Trans paved the way unguarded towards the end game, catapults were ignored and I'd always end up dying with Trans agonizingly close to reaching the final destination when my DD would get overwhelmed by enemy spawns and fire.

I know it sounds cheesy but somebody has to step up and direct people in random teams a little. Something I find immensly helpful no matter the OP (regardless of how often I've done Narai already for eXample). However I perfectly know that feeling you suffer from.

Vor 46 Minuten, Sir_Sinksalot sagte:

Perhaps an established player with zillions of credits and lots of ships and highly trained captains wouldn't understand my point of view so much. As a new player, I don't have much credits and so any time I spend playing this game, apart from obviously enjoying it, is time I would like to be allocating to building up credits, grinding captain skills and making progress with the next ship along with generating the ability to purchase that ship.

While I'm flattered I'm by no means "established" or let alone have zillions of credits. Actually if I was to buy any t7 ship and get all upgrades for it I'd be more or less broke. The key difference (apart from Halloween battles being supposedly "fun" (while they're incredibly grindy especially when no teamwork is applied)) with the event OPs is that you do not *need* to progress onto a better ship as ships and captains for these are fiXed. As for grinding captain skills that is what you collect elite XP for from the event OPs, you can spend these "semi-freely" (as in a one-time payment towards the neXt SP or to finish retraining) onto any of your regular captains which can help a lot in the long term. Credits can be had from any other source and if I'm not mistaken running (regular) OPs can be major one (provided you win it) with proper flagging and camo.