Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Miragetank90

Invisifiring? What?

20 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
2,309 posts
16,394 battles

20191008_195308_PRSB109-Sovetsky-Soyuz_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

What's happening here around the 7/8 min mark? It's not like this Kita is shooting at me from beyond max range, I get that he is close to it - but his shots are landing. Yet, for a while, he manages to shoot at me from open water whilst remaining completely unspotted. 

Capture1.thumb.JPG.80b4a18cc0769a645309e06481928553.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.f75653b6748b305a7e2d263ce50398e1.JPG

Again, the whole time as far as I can see his shots are making contact. Therefore, he was in range. 

Can someone explain this? 

[DC_DK]
Players
3,168 posts
36,818 battles
1 minute ago, Miragetank90 said:

20191008_195308_PRSB109-Sovetsky-Soyuz_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

What's happening here around the 7/8 min mark? It's not like this Kita is shooting at me from beyond max range, I get that he is close to it - but his shots are landing. Yet, for a while, he manages to shoot at me from open water whilst remaining completely unspotted. 

Capture1.thumb.JPG.80b4a18cc0769a645309e06481928553.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.f75653b6748b305a7e2d263ce50398e1.JPG

Again, the whole time as far as I can see his shots are making contact. Therefore, he was in range. 

Can someone explain this? 

If you sails towards him he can fire outside of max range of his guns kitting away. In other words you sail into range

• Cool 8

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
11,043 battles

as above

hes firing at where your sailing to even though he don't have a lock on

I do it sometimes and it can be hard to achieve if the bb player just throttles his speed up and down to counter it

• Cool 3

[DC_DK]
Players
3,168 posts
36,818 battles
Just now, IanH755 said:

Playing against a 14km range Gremy was the ultimate in Stealth Firing! 

Zao was way worse

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
24 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

As above - was pretty much introduced the same moment they "removed" stealth firing. I made a video back then explaining it.

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles
20 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Zao was way worse

still sad for my poor Yugumo - stealthfiring from within 9.5km if memory serves, so also comfortably within torpedo range... kinda the only claim to fame that ship ever had^^

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,309 posts
16,394 battles
54 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

If you sails towards him he can fire outside of max range of his guns kitting away. In other words you sail into range

52 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

as above

hes firing at where your sailing to even though he don't have a lock on

I do it sometimes and it can be hard to achieve if the bb player just throttles his speed up and down to counter it

32 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

As above - was pretty much introduced the same moment they "removed" stealth firing. I made a video back then explaining it.

Right! That's it.

Thanks for that. I didn't consider it. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,875 posts
7,295 battles
4 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

When stealthfire was still a real thing.

Sometimes you hated it (reciving end) but most times you loved it (giving end) do i miss it yeah, would i want it back, nah. Tho if gremmy would keep it.. Well :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Major_Damage225
Typo's....again X3
  • Funny 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,870 battles
32 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Sometimes you hated it (reciving end) but most times you loved it (giving end) do i miss it yeah, would i want it back, nah. Tho if gremmy woupd keep it.. Well :Smile_trollface:

Freshly released khaba had like 4km stealth fire buffer, man i miss my dear ship... 

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,993 posts
21,590 battles

While stealth firing was a bad mechanic, I do miss it sometimes. 

Imagine shooting all these ru BBs from stealth and then not being able to blap me for 3/4 of my HP with one salvo makes dwell in old times. But then I remember that Smolensk could do it too and then i‘m thankful that it got removed.

[HAVOC]
Beta Tester
115 posts
3,996 battles

Bring back stealth firing for DD's i say! especially given how much bloody incoming fire we attract, and now subs we have to deal with. We deserve a break, Stealth firing with 1km buffer if travelling no faster than 1/4 seems fair! Balans as much as the bloody he spamming smolensk and colbert.

Maybe DD's might actually live a bit longer than 2 minutes. (well potato joes anyway, not that im any better)

• Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
774 posts
14,586 battles

One thing that makes me wonder is if he would have been outside of range then he would not have the counter saying "1".

Unless there was someone else having lock on on him. Looks like BB actualy could have him in range from A so must be it.

Players
2,809 posts
11,390 battles
23 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

One thing that makes me wonder is if he would have been outside of range then he would not have the counter saying "1".

Unless there was someone else having lock on on him. Looks like BB actualy could have him in range from A so must be it.

Yeah could have been the Georgia in A. You dont need line of sight to lock on anyway, just someone spotting the target.

Players
104 posts

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I was hunting a Smolensk in my Bismarck and well a storm set in so visibility was reduced to 8 km, got set on fire a lot etc etc. I manage to trap him in the corner of the map, I could see him on my minimap sitting there hugging the corner. But when I got within 8 km he was gone while the minimap told me I was right on top of him. He was not dead or anything.. just gone. Sailed out of the map perhaps, I have no idea.

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
774 posts
14,586 battles
4 hours ago, Snautzi said:

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday.

That is some crazy bug, if you have replay then send it to WG or fill in bug report.

It does sometimes happen that RPF is pointing absolutely wrong place, but it does fix itself soon enough.

The only reasonable (?) explanation would be he DC'ed and was put into spawn position, but that would be even wilder bug.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles
4 hours ago, Snautzi said:

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I was hunting a Smolensk in my Bismarck and well a storm set in so visibility was reduced to 8 km, got set on fire a lot etc etc. I manage to trap him in the corner of the map, I could see him on my minimap sitting there hugging the corner. But when I got within 8 km he was gone while the minimap told me I was right on top of him. He was not dead or anything.. just gone. Sailed out of the map perhaps, I have no idea.

and I'm sure you have a replay for that? I'd love to see it :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
8,076 posts
245 battles
17 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

While stealth firing was a bad mechanic, I do miss it sometimes. 

Imagine shooting all these ru BBs from stealth and then not being able to blap me for 3/4 of my HP with one salvo makes dwell in old times. But then I remember that Smolensk could do it too and then i‘m thankful that it got removed.

Wargaming would probs gib ru bb's  instant transmission or something.

Result:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this