Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Srle_Vigilante

Omg Greece is my new favourite map!!!

25 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
1,060 posts
7,607 battles

No, no its not. Its trash.

:etc_swear: hate this map and every time i see it i feel like my life is slipping away from my body.

So please... Someone tell how do you play this map, in a way that does not involve both teams camping on the west side of the map and obliterating anything that decides to do anything remotely close to pushing and taking key locations.

Not to mention that i never won a game of Greece on the south side, and i never lost one on the north, except maybe once.

Usually people compare bad maps to Ocean, but Ocean is a design masterpiece compared to this garbage.

To say that im salty is an understatement.

• Cool 4

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,580 posts
17,983 battles

well you can get fairly close as there is a lot of osland cover and pull of some nice ambushes, the map is  by far not as bad as Okinawa and the likes

Players
8,070 posts
8,914 battles

I usually take rocket fighters, fly towards the B/C cap, fly to enemy-side cap, pop a fighter, then fly towards A. If I meet DD on the way, I attack that. Then watch where I find easy targets for subsequent strikes.

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,465 posts
8,816 battles

I know a lot of people who dont like it, but i dont think its that bad really.

We have much worse maps in the pool, not necessarily because of the map, but how people play it.

- Islands of ice, like really one of the worst maps out there now. Frequently you see 1 or both sides getting clumped up on C resulting in a complete shitshow. Sometimes a few others get stuck at A.

- Haven, was such a nice map when it was released. Now you have 3 spots on the map where the ships are blobbing up.

- Mountain range, pretty obvious. If you have a team, which likes to go to C you can just quit right there.

- new Shards, Its incredible how retarded people are moving on that map. Was a nice map earlier, now they ruined it. Sure, you had always numbnuts going to C, but it usually was a few only, now its half goes C, other half goes behind A.

• Cool 2

Players
6,759 posts
245 battles

I have no clue how to play this map, in any ship doesn't help that i get in frequently enough.

Doesnt help when 5/7 bb's decide to have a collective pee sniffing contest at A cap while they pass out in twos or one at a time.

The maps im getting a hang of crash zone alpha i find very comfortable despite the limited amount of time its been in compared to other maps.

[CAIN]
Players
4,356 posts
18,418 battles

I like this map, but people just camp and the one team that either pushes in numbers or camps harder wins. 

Map good - people :etc_swear:

[RO-RN]
Players
852 posts
10,573 battles

If they would ever upgrade the wows premium account much like the one in wot this would be 1 of the 2 maps I would exclude and probably the only for now!

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
1,060 posts
7,607 battles
9 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

If they would ever upgrade the wows premium account much like the one in wot this would be 1 of the 2 maps I would exclude and probably the only for now!

Yes please! I literally want this feature only to ban this map.

Beta Tester
598 posts
8 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

I usually take rocket fighters, fly towards the B/C cap, fly to enemy-side cap, pop a fighter, then fly towards A. If I meet DD on the way, I attack that. Then watch where I find easy targets for subsequent strikes.

You just won the internet :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,958 battles

Strangely enough I do not have problems with any map in any ship in WoWs.

Obviously my survival ratio clearly indicate that it is confirmation bias.

But I do apologize in chat when I die stupidly fast.

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
66 posts
7,984 battles

I actually like the map, its got nice cover to play around with. There's not too many maps I don't like though, just Mountain range and Islands of ice since the rework. Ocean when in a cruiser that needs cover obviously. 

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
On 10/8/2019 at 7:28 PM, DFens_666 said:

I know a lot of people who dont like it, but i dont think its that bad really.

We have much worse maps in the pool, not necessarily because of the map, but how people play it.

- Islands of ice, like really one of the worst maps out there now. Frequently you see 1 or both sides getting clumped up on C resulting in a complete shitshow. Sometimes a few others get stuck at A.

- Haven, was such a nice map when it was released. Now you have 3 spots on the map where the ships are blobbing up.

- Mountain range, pretty obvious. If you have a team, which likes to go to C you can just quit right there.

- new Shards, Its incredible how retarded people are moving on that map. Was a nice map earlier, now they ruined it. Sure, you had always numbnuts going to C, but it usually was a few only, now its half goes C, other half goes behind A.

You have any recommendations about how to play this map?

This map seems a bit harder to play, but so far rainbow he slingers and DDs I kinda got the hang off. Actually, with USN CLs this map can be awesome! :cap_win:

Was Haven changed recently? It's one of my more favorite maps right now.

Mountain Range is just awful :fish_palm:

And I also liked the old Shards better, but the new one is ok.

Greece seems to be a more difficult map to play, so still figuring it out.

One of the caps has a sword-man-thing sticking out of the water. Between the sword and the waterline, it's actually possible to hit (and kill) enemy DDs if they are camping behind the island or waiting in ambush :fish_haloween:.

I don't know about Islands of Ice. I do like the epicenter one with the snowstorm more if only because it offers at least some diversity (but I still want a map with banks of fog (smoke) moving across the map. Could even make Ocean more interesting).

[SHAFT]
Players
9,465 posts
8,816 battles
3 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

You have any recommendations about how to play this map? 

Just really depends on the team.

I had most success (independent of what the team did) being on the flank where C/D is (? think its C/D, the right side basicly where each side can have a cap). Fewer people seem to go to that flank, i guess because its more open, so you can force your way through and start shooting the island campers being broadside :Smile_playing:

But just yesterday had an absolutely horrible match on it. We were trapped in our spawn, because an enemy asashio was right flank, and a Shima left flank. And our CV ignored them totaly. So our team just kept circling in our spawn because we were permaspotted and permatorped from both sides. Longrange shima torps are retarded - but you still have to dodge em. And enemies had a BB every 2 squares so you could hardly push without showing broadside. We even almost managed to turn it, but i had to push, our Izumo ran away instead of helping me kill that Vladi, vladi rammed my Monty and it was GG after that.

10 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Was Haven changed recently? It's one of my more favorite maps right now.

No, but i feel its extremely boring the way people play it, especially if you get T9-10 on that map. Feels like, 16~ people camp at 3 spots on the map. Upon release, it was so nice, people (especially BBs) actually stayed more central fighting for the caps. Have a few Gneisenau games with close quarter games around B and C caps. Now you can forget about that :Smile_sad:

Players
2,586 posts
18,742 battles
On 10/8/2019 at 10:21 PM, Jethro_Grey said:

I like this map, but people just camp and the one team that either pushes in numbers or camps harder wins. 

Map good - people :etc_swear:

Map design is about flow. If a map stalls its a design failure.

[L4GG]
Players
3,036 posts
10,526 battles

It's not that bad, lately  I've been playing a lot in Greece map, I'm a bit tired.

But my only remark about it.

For a map called Greece, the light it's a bit too dreary.

And I can assure you that it's not like that in the Mediterranean or southern Europe.

We are in October and it seems like mid summer.

• Cool 2

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
On 10/10/2019 at 7:38 AM, Butterdoll said:

It's not that bad, lately  I've been playing a lot in Greece map, I'm a bit tired.

But my only remark about it.

For a map called Greece, the light it's a bit too dreary.

And I can assure you that it's not like that in the Mediterranean or southern Europe.

We are in October and it seems like mid summer.

The light in Greece (the country, not the map) is more a "sunglasses are a must" kinda thing:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,036 posts
10,526 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

The light in Greece (the country, not the map) is more a "sunglasses are a must" kinda thing:Smile-_tongue:

t-shirt and shorts in October. Under an harsh Sun that burns from mid morning to late afternoon.

I have a truck driver's tan just for going from my house to my work and vice versa :)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this