Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wingoka

Batleships or are they.

11 comments in this topic

[HAWKS]
[HAWKS]
Players
27 posts
19,798 battles

All of you out there playing BB hiding behind islands or going to blueline from start to Snipe. 

I am wondering if it is becourse you dont understand the ships or just think it is most important to stay alive all the way true fight. 

I see people in German and Russian BB go as fast as possible into the back sniping, just for the record German and Russian BB are at their best in close combat partialy also goes for US ships.

UK and Japanese are snipers although most Japanese can take a lot of damage. 

So what i want to know is WHY, why do most BB captains now camp and hide and do not use the 1 feature their ship's have that no one els in game has very large health pools.

Going to a game not getting hit kind of defeats the purpose of being a BB, hence the big amount of HP you are the one supposed to get hit.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[JRM]
Players
6,315 posts
24,210 battles

IDK m8 I won yesterday with my Kreml, by capping, in standard battle, with less then 3k HP left, while a conq ans wooster within 12-13 km hid fom me... :cap_haloween:

Bloke on my team commented "biggest dd ever" :Smile_trollface:

[SHAFT]
Players
9,555 posts
8,858 battles
4 minutes ago, Wingoka said:

All of you out there playing BB hiding behind islands or going to blueline from start to Snipe. 

giphy.gif

Dont think you will find those players here.

4 minutes ago, Wingoka said:

So what i want to know is WHY, why do most BB captains now camp and hide and do not use the 1 feature their ship's have that no one els in game has very large health pools. 

- They think they pay more "repair" costs if they get damaged

- They cant manage DCP / Heals

- They can only overextend or camp. Either they go in too fast and die, or they sit in the back. So sitting in the back it is.

- They have no map awareness

- They dont undestand angling or in general dont know about overmatch mechanics.

• Cool 2

[VH]
Players
165 posts
14,871 battles

one word no sorry three ''rain of fire'' you used to last a lot longer in your german bb if you pushed and hoped that your secondaries might help you but now with the Smolensk you are burning before you reach the cap and the torp wall that follows just finishes you off. unless your team pushes with you  cant tank for long anymore

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Most forumites are interested in playing the best they can. That's why they communicate with each other.

The players you want to address are most likely not going to read your rant.

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester
1,062 posts
7,652 battles
10 minutes ago, Wingoka said:

Your words fall on deaf ears.

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles

People also need to understand that when only two ships are targettable because the other five are hiding 25km’s from the battle those two ships will get focussed down and the team will have two ships less and only 70% of its firepower. 

Present seven targets simultaneously and damage will spread out resulting in a team that keeps 100% of its firepower much longer.

Players
241 posts
5,397 battles

So many battles are decided these days by which ever team pushes in a coherent manner in early game.

An example on Tears of the...Desert, we know what it should be called but hey...yesterday, only 1 DD per team so I pushed in quickly to cap A in a MInotaur and smoked up, I killed a Neptune and another Mino then looked back to see a Vladi, JB and GK, as well as a Hindenburg, sailing away when we had the cap and, as it turned out, only a JB,  Massachusetts and Georgia pushing in...any kind of support and we keep the cap and dominate that side of the map, as it was I got focused down and died.

Some will say I was foolish for capping and not running earlier, and rightly so, but I was fighting the opposition and assumed I had some support which would have enabled us to clear that side easily.  All 4 of my compadres headed for the back line as the rest of the team were forced out of caps and we lost on points with 4 players left alive, 6th, 8th, 10th and 11th on the team.... 

I agree that some players do believe that more damage costs them more credits and repainting the ship costs them! :fish_viking:

• Cool 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
2 hours ago, Wingoka said:

I am wondering if it is becourse you dont understand the ships or just think it is most important to stay alive all the way true fight. 

I see people in German and Russian BB go as fast as possible into the back sniping, just for the record German and Russian BB are at their best in close combat partialy also goes for US ships.

UK and Japanese are snipers although most Japanese can take a lot of damage. 

Going to a game not getting hit kind of defeats the purpose of being a BB, hence the big amount of HP you are the one supposed to get hit.

He spamming cruisers hiding behind islands, not helped by Smolensk, torp spamming dd’s also usually found behind islands, akin to cvs hiding behind an island spamming planes, and where will most subs be found ?? . Answer; less islands and more maps like ocean.  Will it change nah, but do buy yourself a high tier premium BB with better sniping ability, I.e anything Russian.

Players
1,628 posts
18,200 battles

Sadly the kind of people who need to learn not to hide behind islands pointlessly shooting said island or camp the back of the map won't be the kind of people who bother coming to the forums. 

Its the same with the threads complaining about bad DD or cruiser players etc, it just boils down to the fact some people are really unbelievably bad at this game.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this