Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tvardilivadi

Permanent download blocking

10 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
5,258 battles

Hello,

I was user of World of Warships more than a decade. In the August 2019 my access was blocked. Support Center of Wargaming.net was not able to help me for solving the problem. Every attempt to download the game from Wargammin.net on the screen of my PC was blocked by following text: “Unable to read the file for the game in C: \Games\World_of _Warships_EU. This game will be removed from Wargamming.net Game Center. You can try importing this game later. (8017)”. And all stop here.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,256 posts
24,133 battles

Well I d say - uninstall the game, delete all folders and try reinstall it?

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,490 posts
6,082 battles
18 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well I d say - uninstall the game, delete all folders and try reinstall it?

this ^^

Players
6,316 posts
10,537 battles
21 minutes ago, Tvardilivadi said:

I was user of World of Warships more than a decade.

Only more then a decade? I already played World of Warships back in 1936 - using my Yamato ofc!

Spoiler

Sorry, I couldnt resist. The troll in me was stronger.

@Tvardilivadi do as adviced above and if problem still is there, post screenshots of the error message. Because im not sure at which point you are getting this message.

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
24 minutes ago, Tvardilivadi said:

Hello,

I was user of World of Warships more than a decade. In the August 2019 my access was blocked. Support Center of Wargaming.net was not able to help me for solving the problem. Every attempt to download the game from Wargammin.net on the screen of my PC was blocked by following text: “Unable to read the file for the game in C: \Games\World_of _Warships_EU. This game will be removed from Wargamming.net Game Center. You can try importing this game later. (8017)”. And all stop here.

And you posted this on my profile too. why??

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
1,144 posts
3,056 battles
28 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

And you posted this on my profile too. why??

Maybe because you have 27k battles he assumed you are an automated tech support guru?

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
2 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Maybe because you have 27k battles he assumed you are an automated tech support guru?

who knows??

Beta Tester
1,144 posts
3,056 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

who knows??

sorry that was meant to be a joke, re reading, it sounded like i was accusing you of being a bot, sorry.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
1 minute ago, black_falcon120 said:

sorry that was meant to be a joke, re reading, it sounded like i was accusing you of being a bot, sorry.

No problem I didn't see it negatively at all..

• Cool 1

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
1,998 posts
6,400 battles

As others already told you, it seems like the Game Center can't access a file or directory in the target directory. This might be caused by an error of the previous installation, it might also be a permission error.

First of all, try to remove every folder from the old WoWs installation. Do not only use deinstall, delete the folders manually after you used the deinstall option.

After that, try to reinstall it. You might also try reinstalling the whole Game Center.

If you still have the error, you probably don't have enough system permissions to write to that directory. You could try to open the Game Center as an Administrator, but usually that shouldn't be necessary.

Another thing: Use the reply feature in the forum if you want to discuss anything, don't use the "Post status" feature for that purpose. "Status replies" will be removed.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this