Sign in to follow this  
masik360

Low win rate but I don't think I suck

5 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
325 battles

Hello, I'm pretty new at this game I used to play a couple of years ago and I had a blast winning games after games but now when I picked it up I've been pulling my hair out in frustration. I lose games after games and I don't see how I'm doing anything wrong, I think I play great with high hit rate from my main battery and decent average damage per battle.

However I've been matched with team8s who all die within 5 min half of us remain and there is nothing I can do to change the course of the match in our favour.

And being a WG game, I'm victim to "tomato" and other elitist crap.

It's extremely frustrating, is there something you can see from my statistics what I'm doing wrong because I can't see it.

4 answers to this question

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,091 posts
8,446 battles

Branch out a bit more. Playing just one class in the beginning can lead to frustration as you might not understand how the other classes work and thus how to counter them. With some experience in other ships you get a firmer grasp on roles, map awarness, positioning and what ships are dangerous and needs to be focused first.

Also I would recommend to either shelv your Tirpitz for a bit and stick with your Ashitaka. The Tirpitz gets thrown into high tier games that I sadly don't think you can quite handle just yet. In general I would not recommend playing a premium that is a higher tier than what you currently have. This game has a long learning curve, and there is no shame taking it a bit slow.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Players
598 posts
11,714 battles

Give us a few of your replays. They're in the wows/replay -folder. Just drag and drop them to this forum and we can take a look at them.

From a quick glance your survival rate is a tad on the low side. You might be a bit too aggressive and/or showing broadside in the wrong places. Nothing that a good dose of more games couldn't fix.

[GURKA]
Players
5,205 posts
10,430 battles
21 hours ago, masik360 said:

Hello, I'm pretty new at this game I used to play a couple of years ago and I had a blast winning games after games but now when I picked it up I've been pulling my hair out in frustration. I lose games after games and I don't see how I'm doing anything wrong, I think I play great with high hit rate from my main battery and decent average damage per battle.

However I've been matched with team8s who all die within 5 min half of us remain and there is nothing I can do to change the course of the match in our favour.

And being a WG game, I'm victim to "tomato" and other elitist crap.

It's extremely frustrating, is there something you can see from my statistics what I'm doing wrong because I can't see it.

You can be a pretty good player, but this game has still a long learning curve. Even after 1000 battles I learnt something in this game, and with every new tier, you will have to learn new stuff. Like new consumables, new ranges, new armor shapes, etc. Sometimes it's pretty important to know, what the torpedo range of some DDs is.

So don't get frustrated, just keep playing, with more experience you will get better.

Beside that - some ships are better, some are worse.

Another fun story, when I started this game, I bought T8 Atago, when my highest Tier was 7. I didn't liked T8, it felt completly different and I was so bad at that Tier. What I want say, from low to mid to high Tier, he game can be different

I checked your stats and saw, that your higher tiers are weaker than your lower tiers and I guess it's the same effect like I had with the Atago. The high tier games at T8 are totally different and people play better there, I would assume. People in the high tier often know the mechanic and values way better and punish you easily for every mistake.

So the only advice, that I can give you  is to play more, and learn more about the mechanis. Everyone has to go thorugh this way and as I said, the learning curve is long.

[NAN0]
Players
253 posts
1,871 battles

I'd say at 1000 battles things finally started to click for me, even though im still average right now...probably. I've gotten "decent" with DDs and BBs, but can't play cruisers to save my life.

Sign in to follow this