Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OOAndreasOO

How to build an over OP ship

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-BSG-]
Players
337 posts
36,846 battles

Take a Minotaur and give her HE shells in addiction then she can fires BB and kill DD with just one salvo standing in smoke...and you'll have an over OP ship.

Yea....only an ingenuous can  think about a such OP ship...WG developers cant really do it.

 

...Or not?

 

....Smolensk!

 

Did you remember when German BB enter in game any years ago? OK...The game is "kaput" again

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles

You think Smolensk is a nuisance, wait for one of the TX steel BB, all "what if'" but those "what if's" are comming ingame. 

56ecbda6313fde339a6b03a37ab91c3e.thumb.jpg.7e361a30fcb8f0f35f612ddb802f704e.jpg

Pick you'r poison. 

:Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles
1 hour ago, OOAndreasOO said:

Did you remember when German BB enter in game any years ago? OK...The game is "kaput" again

The game was never "kaput" when ze german BB's came, it was a shuffle of meta and "taktik" at that time, something that is still gonna happen a few times more. 

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,746 posts
5,290 battles
9 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

You think Smolensk is a nuisance, wait for one of the TX steel BB, all "what if'" but those "what if's" are comming ingame. 

56ecbda6313fde339a6b03a37ab91c3e.thumb.jpg.7e361a30fcb8f0f35f612ddb802f704e.jpg

Pick you'r poison. 

:Smile_trollface:

*cough* Yamato Takeru*cough* (also guest stars the I-3000)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
725 posts
5 hours ago, OOAndreasOO said:

Take a Minotaur and give her HE shells in addiction then she can fires BB and kill DD with just one salvo standing in smoke...and you'll have an over OP ship.

Yea....only an ingenuous can  think about a such OP ship...WG developers cant really do it.

 

...Or not?

 

....Smolensk!

 

Did you remember when German BB enter in game any years ago? OK...The game is "kaput" again

I have never one shotted a DD in my Smolensk.

 

I am looking forward to watching your youtube videos where you one shot DD's in your Smolensk...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,099 posts
11,502 battles
5 hours ago, OOAndreasOO said:

Take a Minotaur and give her HE shells in addiction then she can fires BB and kill DD with just one salvo standing in smoke...and you'll have an over OP ship.

I do not consider Smolensk do be that OP, due the fact that in 1vs1 situation, most cruisers can kill it. It is OP, in a way, that player input requierement is very low for a damage it can inflict.

 

I do, however, consider extreme HE spam DPM do be broken, due the fact that you can do nothing do reduce the damage. Not do mention it is really toxic in a way.

 

Like @El2aZeR sayed, for example Enteprise is really OP.

 

It is very dempting for WG do make ships like Smolensk. Because it gives players safe enviroment (smoke), do inflict easy damage. The same concept with the CV, with no counters what so ever. (and probably in the future with Subs).It is demping and it allows them do sell alot of containers.

 

Those type of ships allow bad players do feel safe and relavent. They can farm damage for a while, with-out actually doing mutch. Basically like playing Angry Birds on a crapper.

 

Do be fair, almost half the Smolenskes you meet, will get horribly slaughered, right after their first smoke expires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
7 minutes ago, mariouus said:

I do not consider Smolensk do be that OP, due the fact that in 1vs1 situation, most cruisers can kill it. It is OP, in a way, that player input requierement is very low for a damage it can inflict.

 

I do, however, consider extreme HE spam DPM do be broken, due the fact that you can do nothing do reduce the damage. Not do mention it is really toxic in a way.

 

Like @El2aZeR sayed, for example Enteprise is really OP.

 

It is very dempting for WG do make ships like Smolensk. Because it gives players safe enviroment (smoke), do inflict easy damage. The same concept with the CV, with no counters what so ever. (and probably in the future with Subs).It is demping and it allows them do sell alot of containers.

 

Those type of ships allow bad players do feel safe and relavent. They can farm damage for a while, with-out actually doing mutch. Basically like playing Angry Birds on a crapper.

 

Do be fair, almost half the Smolenskes you meet, will get horribly slaughered, right after their first smoke expires.

 

No more so than with Minotaurs that can be citadelled absurdly easily from almost any angle. To be fair I thought Worcester was a bit of an insult to Minotaur owners who can't use HE, but Smolensk really is  taking the mickey, yes I do own all 3 ships. Smolensk played by someone that knows how to handle Minotaur and survive really is a deadly bit of kit, quite honestly it's ludicrous Russian bias.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,099 posts
11,502 battles
3 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

No more so than with Minotaurs that can be citadelled absurdly easily from almost any angle. To be fair I thought Worcester was a bit of an insult to Minotaur owners who can't use HE, but Smolensk really is  taking the mickey, yes I do own all 3 ships. Smolensk played by someone that knows how to handle Minotaur and survive really is a deadly bit of kit, quite honestly it's ludicrous Russian bias.

Ofcourse. The ship is broken.WG should have never introduced those kind of HE spammers in the first place. But there are ships that are substantially more profoundly OP than Smolensk.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,113 posts
8,919 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

 

No more so than with Minotaurs that can be citadelled absurdly easily from almost any angle. To be fair I thought Worcester was a bit of an insult to Minotaur owners who can't use HE, but Smolensk really is  taking the mickey, yes I do own all 3 ships. Smolensk played by someone that knows how to handle Minotaur and survive really is a deadly bit of kit, quite honestly it's ludicrous Russian bias.

Let's neglect that Minotaur either gets smoke or stealth radar capability over Worcester, gets a superheal instead of just normal heal and 8 torpedoes per side that can be stealth launched or can kill you if you rush it, while rushing a Worcester often can end just in a dead Worcester.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
725 posts
11,978 battles
2 hours ago, mariouus said:

 

It is very dempting for WG do make ships like Smolensk.

It is strange to see that you very often use "d" instead of "t". It should be "tempting", "to", etc. first time see something like that.

What is your primary language, does this words are similar in it?

 

People take a look at OP name and you will know more than enough.

Guy needs a break, thats it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,313 posts
36,035 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

*laughs in Enterprise*

Recently I can't do massive hits with those bombs, do I need the sight stabilization on it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
6 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

It is strange to see that you very often use "d" instead of "t". It should be "tempting", "to", etc. first time see something like that.

What is your primary language, does this words are similar in it?

 

Maybe he is a radio 1 DJ ?   or am I being a dwad?  (with thanks to Alan Partridge)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,781 posts
19,466 battles
11 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Recently I can't do massive hits with those bombs, do I need the sight stabilization on it? 

 

That's the one downside to Enterprise. She's kinda reliant on RNG with her AP DBs. Sometimes you completely annihilate everything, sometimes you get a bunch of pens and maybe a cit here and there.

Sight stabilization generally gives pretty big buffs to E due to her unique aiming mechanics, so I'd say yes. Is it necessary for the AP DBs only? Well, a little. Against RN BBs (except Conq, that thing is immune) you actually need to drop slightly before you achieve max accuracy to reliably citadel them. Using SS gives you slightly better accuracy doing that as a result due to the timing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,018 battles
9 hours ago, OOAndreasOO said:

....Smolensk!

Is nothing else but desert when I sail my Henri...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,701 battles
4 hours ago, mariouus said:

Do be fair, almost half the Smolenskes you meet, will get horribly slaughered, right after their first smoke expires.

^THIS^ Just like Flint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,099 posts
11,502 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

It is strange to see that you very often use "d" instead of "t". It should be "tempting", "to", etc. first time see something like that.

What is your primary language, does this words are similar in it?

"Do" and "to" thing is from phone's autocorrect screwing with me. 

 

All the other errors come from general illiteracy.

 

My primary language is not a Germanic language, so almost no similarities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,220 posts
5 hours ago, Lin3 said:

I have never one shotted a DD in my Smolensk.

 

I am looking forward to watching your youtube videos where you one shot DD's in your Smolensk...

I once one shotted a Smolensnk in my Yamato, ok he wasn't quite full health , and it was a chance shot, it would be a lie if I were to say i did not giggle a bit:Smile_veryhappy:

 

As to how to build a fantasy OP ship? Well....

 

Get a welder, and weld two Yamato's to a Hakuru, might not get it through the Suez canal though:Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,779 posts
245 battles

Take kremlin, gib it gud turn rates and sped.

 

gib it 152mm's gib it 4 guns per turret and 6 turrets.

 

gib it 17.5km range and 950m/s shell velocity and 2.5sec reload.

 

ivan is here!

 

balans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,779 posts
245 battles
[SHAFT]
Players
9,537 posts
8,850 battles
6 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

No more so than with Minotaurs that can be citadelled absurdly easily from almost any angle.

 

I like to exploit the greedyness of people while playing Radar Mino. They basicly go for your citadel even while angled. So funny to bounce BB shells :Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
16 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

 

I like to exploit the greedyness of people while playing Radar Mino. They basicly go for your citadel even while angled. So funny to bounce BB shells :Smile_trollface:

 

 

Which is why I said almost any angle there's always the autobounce no matter how thin the armour is, the tricky bit is not getting swatted from several angles at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×