You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nutboy

Consecutive losses

31 comments in this topic

[STEVE]
Players
22 posts
5,025 battles

Hi Guys, I just cant win a game in the Lexington CV. I reckon I am on 13 straight losses at the moment. Just cant fcuking win.

Its crazy and really makes me feel like just quitting this game.

How can one player ALWAYS end up on the losing side, I dont teamkill, spam, annoy etc.. I actually fcuking try, which is even more annoying!

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles

Not sure if you wanna hear it, but im gonna throw it out anyway:

If you lose that many games in a row, sure there is some bad luck involved, im not even argueing with that. But its most likely also due to playing poorly.

And looking at your stats, maybe you would be better off playing new CVs on T4-6 first before you play them on T8. I think you definetely need to learn the class more to perform on T8. Even if you are trying your best, the contribution is not enough to get even easy wins. So you will be stuck at 30-40% WR no matter what, basicly guaranteed wins where you could be AFK aswell.

• Cool 3

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,394 posts
7,276 battles
10 minutes ago, Nutboy said:

Hi Guys, I just cant win a game in the Lexington CV. I reckon I am on 13 straight losses at the moment. Just cant fcuking win.

How can one player ALWAYS end up on the losing side, I dont teamkill, spam, annoy etc.. I actually fcuking try, which is even more annoying!

CV are very influential  - they do ALOT of things that affect the outcome; scouting, killing DD, restting caps, main damage dealers, as well as hunting and killing ships with low health that have tried to flee.

As such, as a CV player you need to be doing all these things. The enemy team has a CV so if it's doing all these things and you're not, then your team is going to struggle heavily to win.

From looking at it, you appear to be trying to learn the rework CV by starting with the tier 8 lexington (as you had it unlocked before the rework). I'd recommend learning them either in coop to get the basics, or by starting with the tier 4 CV.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,205 posts
7,652 battles
12 minutes ago, Nutboy said:

CVs are currently Extremely Overpowered and very easy to Play with as a Player.

But being the Player of an Overpowered Class in a Game where Matchmaking will ALWAYS Pin you against another Player of that Class. Is a Double Edged Sword.

Because as a CV Player right now. Your own Skills and Play has an Extreme Influence on the Match Outcome.

Right now if you do worse than the Enemy BB thats matched against you. Your Teams Chances on Victory Drop by maybe 5% And can just as easily Rise again by someone else in your Team doing better than his Counterpart.

But as a CV if your doing worse than the Enemy CV. Your Teams Chances on Victory get Cut by 50% or more depending on how much worse than the Enemy CV you do.

So with CVs getting Long Streaks of Wins or Losses is much much easier than with other Ships. Simply because your own Influence is that Large.

Well long Story Short.

If you want to Play CV Right now. You should be Prepared for the Fact that unless your Skilled enough to Hold your own against the Enemy CV in a Direct and very Unforgiving Competition. You will lose alot of Matches.

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles
23 minutes ago, Nutboy said:

I had a 9 loss streak today in ranked. Didn’t matter which ship I picked. On my carrier my team’s destroyers would suicide or the bb’s would all broadside. In my BB our carrier would try to hunt down his counterpart rather than hunt destroyers & scout...etc..etc..Very annoying. Eventually luck will shift.

[THESO]
3,205 posts
7,652 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

If you lose that many games in a row, sure there is some bad luck involved, im not even argueing with that. But its most likely also due to playing poorly.

And looking at your stats, maybe you would be better off playing new CVs on T4-6 first before you play them on T8. I think you definetely need to learn the class more to perform on T8. Even if you are trying your best, the contribution is not enough to get even easy wins. So you will be stuck at 30-40% WR no matter what, basicly guaranteed wins where you could be AFK aswell.

At the Risk of provoking another Argument.

I doubt that Luck will Help in this case.

CVs are just too Influental.

If your AFK as a CV you will never reach 30-40% WR

Because the CV is just too Importand to the Team as an Asset.

I wonder if you would even get as high as 20% WR when you AFK as a CV.

As a BB you can easily even get 50% by being a Complete Noob.

But as a CV this will likely never happen. They are just too Valuable an Asset in the Match as that the Team can Effectively Compensate for their CV missing.

[-BSG-]
Players
337 posts
36,821 battles
23 minutes ago, Nutboy said:

Only 13?

I have up to 18-20 consecutive lost...and not just one time.

Welcome in WG games...where random are not really "random" and statistic science rules are all violated.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,755 battles
12 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Because as a CV Player right now. Your own Skills and Play has an Extreme Influence on the Match Outcome.

You sure about that? It's just that I've played nearly 20 games in Ark Royal this weekend and while I can't hit HMS Cow's Backside with the USS Banjo I seem to be 12% up on WR....

You sure about that..JPG

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles
12 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

If your AFK as a CV you will never reach 30-40% WR

Because the CV is just too Importand to the Team as an Asset.

I wonder if you would even get as high as 20% WR when you AFK as a CV.

I think the possibility is high enough to get an equally bad CV in the other team, so that should stop getting below 20%

image.png.64940240080871cdf6f97c9bb4968dcc.png

image.png.aff8e18163f1bb8349c4018f9b4d4390.png

Those are the worst lexington players with ~100 or more games so we get a somewhat meaningful amount of games. 40% probably too high yes, but 30% is possible, as i wouldnt describe their performance more than AFK. Basicly what the OP is doing himself, so it might even be in line with his experience :Smile_hiding:

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think the possibility is high enough to get an equally bad CV in the other team, so that should stop getting below 20%

Those are the worst lexington players with ~100 or more games so we get a somewhat meaningful amount of games. 40% probably too high yes, but 30% is possible, as i wouldnt describe their performance more than AFK. Basicly what the OP is doing himself, so it might even be in line with his experience :Smile_hiding:

admit it, the topmost one on that list is an alt account of yours that you created specifically for this purpose... those numbers (especially the exactly 100 battles) are just waaaay too convenient :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 6

[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles
28 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

admit it, the topmost one on that list is an alt account of yours that you created specifically for this purpose... those numbers (especially the exactly 100 battles) are just waaaay too convenient :Smile_teethhappy:

giphy.gif

[THESO]
3,205 posts
7,652 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

You sure about that? It's just that I've played nearly 20 games in Ark Royal this weekend and while I can't hit HMS Cow's Backside with the USS Banjo I seem to be 12% up on WR....

You sure about that..JPG

Yep. Absolutely Certain :)

A few Unlikely Exceptions wont really change that.

And about 3 Weeks ago I had a Match where I lost a Game despite the Enemy being vastly Inferior. Simply because RNG hated my Team so much. That we lost 3 Guys to Detonations which according to Statistics has a less than 1% Chance to Occur :P 

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Bad and AFK is two Different things :)

An Bad Player even if he has no Idea he is doing it. Will still actually be of some Use to his Team simply by being there and Spotting Enemies in his useless Attacks.

An AFK CV means he wont do anything so the Team has to Fight against an Enemy Team that will very often have at the very least some Rudimentary Extra Spotting and Damage :P

[-AP-]
Players
2,496 posts
6,082 battles
2 hours ago, Nutboy said:

Probabilities dictate that when playing a large amount of games, the chance to NOT get a long streak of  losses/wins is extremely low. A random distribution isnt evenly distributed, it is randomly distributed, this can be a difficult concept for our human minds to grasp. If you ask 10 humans to stand randomly in a room, you will find that they all distribute themselves at even intervals among the room, not very random. In a real random system, you would see clusters and gaps.

Just to prove my point, i ran a simulation using this python script, It simulates a player playing at 50% wr:

from random import randint

def streak(numrolls = 1000, runthreshold = 7):
    rolls = (randint(1,2) for x in range(numrolls))
    streaklen = 0
    prev = 0
    for roll in rolls:
        if roll == prev:
            streaklen += 1
        else:
            streaklen = 1
        if streaklen >= runthreshold:
            return False
        prev = roll
    return True

def simulate(numtrials):
    return sum(1 for x in range(numtrials) if streak())/float(numtrials)

print(simulate(1000))

Try it yourself, the result it outputs is that the chance to NOT get 7 consecutive wins/losses in a row over the course of 1000 battles is so low, that it rounds to zero.

aka in  a random system, you are almost guaranteed to get several seemingly very un-random streaks, its just the way random systems works.

• Cool 2

Players
3,299 posts
14,054 battles

For the record, my biggest loss streak in a day was 14 games in a row... but I was top in 13 of the games and after the 4th loss in a row just enjoyed the lols of watching team after team potato in new and fantastic ways across all tiers. Over that week though I had a 84% WR in 130 games. So swings and roundabouts.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
3,205 posts
7,652 battles
37 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

For the record, my biggest loss streak in a day was 14 games in a row... but I was top in 13 of the games and after the 4th loss in a row just enjoyed the lols of watching team after team potato in new and fantastic ways across all tiers. Over that week though I had a 84% WR in 130 games. So swings and roundabouts.

I envy you. Whenever I have a Loss Streak thanks to Potato Teams. They all do the exact same thing each Battle again...

Albeit it was Hilarious in a way. Cause I posted a Screenshot of my Teams Position on the Map in the Forum. Saying that this is pretty much how my last several Teams moved every Single Battle.

Then Love and Peace Joined me in Division to help me overcome the Potato Teams. And my Team just did the exact same Positioning as Shown in my Screenshot I had Posted in the Forums before....

It was Sad but also somehow Funny.

Players
725 posts
5 hours ago, Nutboy said:

Do yourself a favour and stop playing CV's.

You'll also be doing your team mates a favour as well as the enemy team - as the gameplay in Warships is generally more enjoyable when there are no CV's in the battle.

[JRM]
Players
6,290 posts
24,183 battles
6 hours ago, LordTareq said:

I had a 9 loss streak today in ranked. Didn’t matter which ship I picked. On my carrier my team’s destroyers would suicide or the bb’s would all broadside. In my BB our carrier would try to hunt down his counterpart rather than hunt destroyers & scout...etc..etc..Very annoying. Eventually luck will shift.

Condolences m8, the potato wave has caught up with you as the better stock went away (ranked out), ranking out will be pure frustration, maybe you can mitigate a bit since a CV can be used but still its not gonna be pleasant...

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
6 ore fa, invicta2012 ha scritto:

You sure about that..JPG

So you stole my win rate! :Smile_teethhappy:

093B1CF5-C49D-4615-A81E-725183503E35.jpeg

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,969 battles
7 hours ago, OOAndreasOO said:

Welcome in WG games...where random are not really "random" and statistic science rules are all violated.

The fact that you do not understand how randomness work does not mean it does not work.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,755 battles
2 hours ago, Bics93 said:

So you stole my win rate! :Smile_teethhappy:

Hah. We should form a division, it would round everything to 50%...

I have long been of the opinion that there is some subtle element to the MM which can affect the nature of the teams you get. It seems to be variations in average damage which do it : if a player has a high average damage in co-op or Operations but a low one in Randoms, they'll start to get all manner of odd fluctuations in Tiering and teammates depending on the last few games they played. Usually by being low Tier if they go from co-op into Random: presumably the game is looking at recent average damage and WR and putting them in the "really good" category. Happens the other way around, too... 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles
9 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Bad and AFK is two Different things :)

Sometimes id rather have AFK ships that the way some people are playing.

Atleast i can adapt my playstyle. And when they live, they dont lose points dieing. Had a game once with a 3x division being AFK. Just barely before we won, one of those :etc_swear: suddenly started moving (atleast one of the others got killed) and wanted to die ASAP. He just yoloed in full broadside, i mean WTF?! Like playing 9vs12 is not bad enough, but if you do it, then they have to throw it every way possible! Had to closequarter kill a DM with my Wooster to get the win...

• Cool 1

[STEVE]
Players
22 posts
5,025 battles
13 hours ago, LordTareq said:

Thanks for that. I personally dont like to simply blame luck but I really do struggle to see how I can lose so many, I simply refuse to accept that the CV is that important. In quite a few of those losses I had far better stats than the CV on the opposition team for example! 

[STEVE]
Players
22 posts
5,025 battles
13 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Jeez I would love a 40% WR at the moment for a CV! I do accept I probably just suck but thats not to discount the likelyhood that in all those games the other CV player wasnt crap also!