You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

Italian cruisers are HERE..

16 comments in this topic

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,241 battles

VYwFYMG.gif

Just thought I would share...Been looking forward to this for a while..

So who's going to be participating in the Event to get these little beauties then?...Just Wondering what your thoughts are about the ships in question and the Event itself?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/italian-cruisers-the-rules/

SeaWolf.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,315 posts
24,210 battles

I will be harvesting the crates as much as I can, hope for Zara and Amalfi ofc, in case I get them permacamos might be in line...

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,763 posts
5,290 battles

The only thing they don't say is the question on everyone's lips: When is 8,9 hitting live?

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

Playstyle sounds tedious and the ammo type boring. No utility, no AA, just wasdhax with LMB taped down, and pop smoke when targeted. Only the torps stand out, and for that I'll stick with Aosta.

• Cool 1

Players
1,504 posts
3,118 battles
14 minuti fa, lafeel ha scritto:

The only thing they don't say is the question on everyone's lips: When is 8,9 hitting live?

I think around the 18th

10 minuti fa, MoveZig ha scritto:

Playstyle sounds tedious and the ammo type boring. No utility, no AA, just wasdhax with LMB taped down, and pop smoke when targeted. Only the torps stand out, and for that I'll stick with Aosta.

I'm actually tierd of all the gimmics, i'd rather have all of my ships with the same... formulas, then wierd gimmics; SAP actually existed in real life (Sharnhorst and Gneisenau acutally where equipped with it) but in the game, not having the ability of cahing fires is a bit underwelming, i'll try to get at least the tier 5 if i'm lucky, but I'm disappointed: excited for the release, disappointed for everything else.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,834 posts
15,800 battles

I haven't seen any comments from the last round of PTS but this looks like a balancing disaster in the making, based on what I saw of Genova and the SAP trials. 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
1 hour ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Just thought I would share...Been looking forward to this for a while..

You do know that they post that stuff in the announcement forum too?

As always luck or the amount of money you are willing to throw at Wargaming will decide if you get to play italian cruisers or not. The rest of the event is just the same old with a new layer of paint on it.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,763 posts
5,290 battles
31 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I think around the 18th

I'm actually tierd of all the gimmics, i'd rather have all of my ships with the same... formulas, then wierd gimmics; SAP actually existed in real life (Sharnhorst and Gneisenau acutally where equipped with it) but in the game, not having the ability of cahing fires is a bit underwelming, i'll try to get at least the tier 5 if i'm lucky, but I'm disappointed: excited for the release, disappointed for everything else.

17th is my guess, actually, on the dot. Seeing as that is where the various events around right now are set to end.

• Cool 1

Players
1,080 posts
12,594 battles

Really wished they went back to the drawing board with how they gimmick-ed out the ships, the ship models are beautiful just a shame they had to ruin it with the balancing, I will continue to have fun in the only ship in the proper Italian cruiser line the Duca D'Aosta, I will grind them, but I don't see the max range SAP play-style suiting my tastes. Much prefer the actually fast and agile Duca with it's great traits that make it a good support ship to help DDs round the caps and engaging in close range hit and run tactics... :Smile_sad:

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

Seen from a potential RB reset I hope I don't get early access for anyone of the new silver boats :Smile_trollface: But I'll grab what I can get anyway

[CAIN]
Players
4,375 posts
18,512 battles

Time to dust off my BBs and start practicing firing into smoke screens. :Smile_trollface:

No word on the italian captain tho, I hope we can get him in 8.9 too. 

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

No word on the italian captain tho, I hope we can get him in 8.9 too. 

He should be available trough a collection if I remember correctly

[MORIA]
Players
7,317 posts
36,044 battles

Since those cruisers won't benefit from IFHE (from what I know - correct me if I'm wrong) the commander from the older premium cruisers won't fit. I did manage to make a new 19 pointer for them. 

• Cool 3

Players
1,080 posts
12,594 battles
29 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Since those cruisers won't benefit from IFHE (from what I know - correct me if I'm wrong) the commander from the older premium cruisers won't fit. I did manage to make a new 19 pointer for them. 

Yep you are correct and it is really irritating :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1