You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Italian Cruisers: the Rules Made Simple

64 comments in this topic

[NEXT]
Players
33,117 posts
16,640 battles

And I still think you should reduce SAP alpha damage below the AP alpha and decrease the reload.

If it stays like this, most italian ships will not use AP.

• Cool 1

Players
4,046 posts

Let me cut this article short:

How to gain early access to italian cruisers? Pay for premium containers until you have them or pray for good luck with the free ones.

The exact same as it was the whole past year.

This time you even managed to slip the Benham grind into it. Though with added complications to hide it and only for a small T-V ship for which you still need luck to actually get it. So it is worse for the players in every possible way. Edit: I might be wrong on this one. The daily mission grind for maximum number of tokens is there. But it seems possible to gain the Genova with only the tokens from the directives.

• Cool 11

[FOF]
Beta Tester, Players
41 posts
18,016 battles

To be Fair SAP can't citadel almost all Highter Tier ships whereas AP can, and Most of the  other Cruiser Lines redominantly use HE as well, and get DoT damage from fire on top of that. What However slightly concerns me is the Effectiveness of SAP against DDs

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Wouldn't it be easier to say this:

We've kind of given up on events. We're now doing themed lootbox offerings, for which we decorate the port and change the icon of the "directives"-tab, and then recycle the missions within, in order to make it not THAT obvious its your cash that we want. We've also adjusted the droprates of ship-missions, so now 4 ships will drop guaranteed... across the whole server.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 6

[NEXT]
Players
33,117 posts
16,640 battles
2 minutes ago, cyri_96 said:

To be Fair SAP can't citadel almost all Highter Tier ships whereas AP can, and Most of the  other Cruiser Lines redominantly use HE as well, and get DoT damage from fire on top of that. What However slightly concerns me is the Effectiveness of SAP against DDs

The situations where you can citadel a ship are rather small. Some hits of the same salvo will result in normal penetrations or even overpens. These hits will do more or even a lot more damage with SAP.

An complete AP salvo will therefore do only slighlty more damage, even with citadels, while risking to get no citadels and more ricochets and overpens.

On average SAP will just do more damage.

There are moments where citadels are very likely, but these situations are usually short and the reload very long, making the ammo change very risky again.

• Cool 3

Players
2,259 posts
4,436 battles

I'm Italian, and I'm excited for the release of the Italian Cruisers, can't wait for Battleships; but I feel somewhat disappointed.

I think that the only time that early access was done properly was with the Royal Navy Carriers, it just went downhill from there. This event will just be grind, grind and grind. In the French DD event i got extremly lucky when i got the mission for the Jaguar from the first Daily Shipments container, but i don't think that I will be so lucky again (pray RN-Jesus).

As i said before, and also Notser says, and i'm with him on this: STOP SELLING RNG LOOT-BOXES WG, every time is the same thing, every event is the same, directives that require you to spend your life at the game to complete them in time, new currencies that require you to buy premium containers if you want something, exc. 

I get that it's a simple and reliable pettern, but WG, you are becoming too repetitive, a new line comes out, and aruond and aruond in circles we go:"... life is about growth, it's about change, but you brother (WG in our case) just want to stay the same".

I'm not bored of playing, but the events have just become boring, every one is exactly like the other, even the anniversary one. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,926 posts
19,960 battles

Okay, first thing: Stop with this random early access nonsense. Last time I got exactly 0 french DDs from over 30 containers opened, great...

Second: Alright, this time it seems you can get enough italian tokens for the ship just by normal playing, no daily grind for weeks on end required (just completing the 4 directives gets you merely 70 tokens short of the assured ship - to get 70 tokens, just a couple daily missions and/or completing a couple more surplus directive missions are enough). The fly in the ointment though is that the big reward ship is a T5 cruiser. :Smile_sceptic:

Third: I'm happy the permacamos you can buy for tokens aren't some new ridiculous atrocities but actual real camos (though sadly rather dull, compared with the actual dubloon regular permacamos). Depending on the tokens I'll have, I might buy some.

All in all, this actually seems better than the recent Benham and French arc grinds, for which I am grateful. Basically you still get a T5 premium for completing all 4 directives (and some special signals, 14k coal, etc.) and you're free to use any surplus tokens as you wish. No need for a cutthroat day after day grind or else losing the Benham or a savage battle against other players to get in the top 25% players in the Hall of fame to get enough tokens for the "big" prize.

However the silly random early access missions remain. :cap_viking:

• Cool 4

[B0TS]
Players
292 posts
12,785 battles

Majority of community: "stop with this directives, early acess to silver ships and loot boxes".

WG: "Italian cruisers are comming and we have an exiting events for you how to get them!"

From one point i am kinda happy. I can just ignore this grind just like the previous ones.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,741 posts
24,924 battles

Same grind, different event. At least the camos look nice.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,280 posts

I'm ok with directives and the Halloween event looks at least interesting, but unless daily missions (that apparently give you italian tokens) can be completed in the filth gathering thing it's way, way, waaayyyy overboard grindy.

[BASIC]
Players
937 posts
23,331 battles
12 minutes ago, Silvercat18 said:

Will this run alongside Halloween events? Isnt this going to be crazy busy?

OFC and even regular ranked season will start with this update :Smile_trollface:. Busy af ( usual)

[T-N-T]
Players
3,926 posts
19,960 battles
22 minutes ago, Silvercat18 said:

Will this run alongside Halloween events? Isnt this going to be crazy busy?

13 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

I'm ok with directives and the Halloween event looks at least interesting, but unless daily missions (that apparently give you italian tokens) can be completed in the filth gathering thing it's way, way, waaayyyy overboard grindy.

Oh, yikes, I forgot about that...

Well that indeed screws the whole event then. Of course, hoping for an event (even just slightly) better than the previous ones was naive of me...

• Cool 1

[BAD-F]
Players
8 posts
7,352 battles

Am I misreading the post or is the implication there that you can "buy" an unlock to one of these ships via the containers?  Or are these containers only available for the italian tokens?  Seems a bit iffish to sell that to your playerbase.

[NEXT]
Players
33,117 posts
16,640 battles
25 minutes ago, Pataties said:

Am I misreading the post or is the implication there that you can "buy" an unlock to one of these ships via the containers?  Or are these containers only available for the italian tokens?  Seems a bit iffish to sell that to your playerbase.

Where have you played the last 5.600+ games?

This is nothing new.

Players
3,672 posts
18,801 battles

"Italian Cruisers containers that have a certain chance of dropping you doubloons or missions that unlock early access to Italian cruisers"

"...a certain chance...."

Well Wargaming how ethical and honest do you feel today?

Honest enough to tell us what exactly what "... a certain chance ..." means in percentage terms?

Or do you just want to dodge the issue and let the resentment of the player base fester?

• Cool 7

[CAPT]
Players
521 posts
12,835 battles

The book Mossolini's Navy by Maurizio Brescia has an extensive full color section on camouflage schemes used by the Regia Marina. WG could have taken the time to look at them...just say'n.  :cap_cool:

• Cool 4

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

Short version:

Bundles, bundles, RNG, premium containers, RNG

If you need an insert from the article, here is one:

"The chances of getting a combat mission from Italian Cruisers Premium containers is higher than from standard containers."

If you need a graphic representation of the article, here is one:

1.jpg  2.jpg

Cheers!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7

Players
5 posts
2,580 battles

" During Update 0.8.9, if you log in to the game during the period from October 17 through October 31, you can get the following rewards via the Daily Shipments section. "

I assume that is a hint to when the update arrives?

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,478 posts
21,714 battles

I'm soooo fed up with these Directives.

I'd rather see more Campaigns like Halsey and Yamamoto were you can do it over a longer time at you own pace.

• Cool 16