You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VanD4rk

Questions about Kremlin

13 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,050 battles

I am currently exping the Vlady and I took a look at Kremlin parameters more closely and I do not understand something.

How can Kremlin have less surface detectability range than Moskva ? Kremlin 17 km vs Moskva 18km.

Another question: how can Kremlin have less rudder shift time than some of most maneuverable BBs at its huge size ? Example: Missouri have 19.4s while Kremlin manages 16.3s.

I try to get a reasonable explanation for this outside of the "balans" answer.

Are those 2 parameters linked to the firing range(detectability) and the power output of the engines(rudder shift) ? 

Maybe some of you have some good explanation for it because I cannot find one.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,867 posts
10 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

Another question: how can Kremlin have less rudder shift time than some of most maneuverable BBs at its huge size ? Example: Missouri have 19.4s while Kremlin manages 16.3s.

maybe Kremlin's rudder is smaller, and therefore easier to shift? And while Kremlin's rudder shift time is smaller than Missouri's time, its turning circle is bigger according to wiki (1090m to 920m)

• Cool 1

6,056 posts
10,472 battles
10 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

I try to get a reasonable explanation for this outside of the "balans" answer.

Well ... while "balans" is often used to make fun of rather questionable stats of a ship (line), with regards to soviet BB's it was apparently just a balancing decision from WG that (after ST and the likes) RU BBs should have good concealment with quick ruddershift. The concealment enables these BBs to drop out of detection to cover their weak broadside. The quick ruddershift enables them to dodge torps better since they have very little torpedo damage reduction.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
1,515 posts
11,330 battles
15 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

How can Kremlin have less surface detectability range than Moskva ? Kremlin 17 km vs Moskva 18km.

AFAIK the detectability is determinded by the height of the conning tower. You can have the biggest, fattest and largest ship, if it has a small conning tower it will be very stealthy. And Moskva is not that much smaller, it is one huge a$$ ship that exceed the dimensions of many BBs in the game.

• Cool 1

Players
9,903 posts
11,621 battles
35 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

35 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

balans

You've answered your own question.

17 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

AFAIK the detectability is determinded by the height of the conning tower. You can have the biggest, fattest and largest ship, if it has a small conning tower it will be very stealthy. And Moskva is not that much smaller, it is one huge a$$ ship that exceed the dimensions of many BBs in the game.

Didn't stopped WG from lowering Pensacola or Grozovoi detection

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,611 posts
13,603 battles
38 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

The quick ruddershift enables them to dodge torps better since they have very little torpedo damage reduction.

Well...

Except in the case of glorious Kremlin

Maybe Anatoly had a little... how those western dogs say... ''Slip of the fingers'' when inputting the values?

Da, let's go with that, comrade :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,050 battles
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You've answered your own question.

I still want to chase reason and  @Allied_Winter  and @ThePurpleSmurf gave some. Ty fellas.

3 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Maybe Anatoly had a little ''Slip of the fingers'' when inputting the values?

Da, let's go with that, comrade :Smile_trollface:

This also could be possible, but let's be sceptical about it.:Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,363 battles
40 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Well ... while "balans" is often used to make fun of rather questionable stats of a ship (line), with regards to soviet BB's it was apparently just a balancing decision from WG that (after ST and the likes) RU BBs should have good concealment with quick ruddershift. The concealment enables these BBs to drop out of detection to cover their weak broadside. The quick ruddershift enables them to dodge torps better since they have very little torpedo damage reduction.

This is also the issue. If they have unparalleled bow anking ability, why give them concealment to mitigate their weakpoints? There should be downsides to the advantages too, then it can be called balance, no?

Players
9,903 posts
11,621 battles
7 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

I still want to chase reason and  @Allied_Winter  and @ThePurpleSmurf gave some. Ty fellas.

Well... Russians are somewhat... anal about their ww2 history, either you speak gloriously or not at all:Smile_smile:

Add to that WG love for battleships and you end up with absolut balans

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,050 battles
15 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Well... Russians are somewhat... anal about their ww2 history, either you speak gloriously or not at all:Smile_smile:

Add to that WG love for battleships and you end up with absolut balans

Are you insinuating that RU did not had the best navy, comrade ?

3 minutes ago, mil71 said:

My Yammy is 14.1km. :D

Those are base value not after capt skill adn modules