You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shorkann

Viribus Unitis

42 comments in this topic

[-H-]
Players
45 posts
16,317 battles

I bought the Viribus Unitis for collection, it's not a bad ship but should definitively be a tier IV ship.

She's a true WW1 ship and all tier V are WW2 ship even if some of them were build in WW1, the've got some extensive rebuild before WW2.

Do you think WWG will downgrade the VIRIBUS UNITIS ?

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[CQC]
Beta Tester
66 posts
5,725 battles
2 minutes ago, Shorkann said:

I bought the Viribus Unitis for collection, it's not a bad ship but should definitively be a tier IV ship.

She's a true WW1 ship and all tier V are WW2 ship even if some of them were build in WW1, the've got some extensive rebuild before WW2.

Do you think WWG will downgrade the VIRIBUS UNITIS ?

i doubt they will downgrade her to T4, but they might "soft buff" the ship if it really is completly useless.

But from my expirence it works quite fine. Just play here like alight cruiser, not like a BB or BC.

means: use cover, suprise your enemies, hide when under fire or you will die.

• Cool 1

Players
1,620 posts
1 minute ago, Tamago said:

i doubt they will downgrade her to T4, but they might "soft buff" the ship if it really is completly useless.

But from my expirence it works quite fine. Just play here like alight cruiser, not like a BB or BC.

means: use cover, suprise your enemies, hide when under fire or you will die.

With all due respect @Tamago  How do you play this as a light Cruiser ?

image.thumb.png.c129d5cd5518f201559b194a4b584fae.png 

image.thumb.png.c6daac735e89e2e8e71b597620d9a46a.png

• Cool 4

[CQC]
Beta Tester
66 posts
5,725 battles
6 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

With all due respect @Tamago  How do you play this as a light Cruiser ?

image.thumb.png.c129d5cd5518f201559b194a4b584fae.png 

image.thumb.png.c6daac735e89e2e8e71b597620d9a46a.png

Maybe it is because i play light cruisers different.

i hide behind a cover around 14-10km infront of the enemies, shoot over it, try to dodge and when a enemy comes around i shoot him a quite heavy salvo (in CL variation torpedos).

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
4 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

With all due respect @Tamago  How do you play this as a light Cruiser?

Use the torps.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

Players
1,620 posts
6 minutes ago, Tamago said:

Maybe it is because i play light cruisers different.

i hide behind a cover around 14-10km infront of the enemies, shoot over it, try to dodge and when a enemy comes around i shoot him a quite heavy salvo inside.

I will dead of old age, before the " bath tub " got to an island my friend : LOL

kayaking black and white GIF by Boomerang Official

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CQC]
Beta Tester
66 posts
5,725 battles
3 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

I will dead of old age, before the " bath tub " got to an island my friend : LOL

kayaking black and white GIF by Boomerang Official

so far i had no map where it wasnt possible to hide along islands.. maybe i was just lucky with the map variation.

• Cool 1

[1000]
Beta Tester
40 posts
4,901 battles

I bought it because of history, it's a cute, very small BB, but it has virtually no AA and the terrible match maker that's breaking this game puts it into matches with T6 ships, including T6 CVs that Viribus can't defend against.

It should be T4, any buffs to AA would be ahistorical, it's a 1914 ww1 ship and it should not be matched up with ww2 ships, especially not with airplanes.

I wonder why 305mm cannons take 30s to reload too, but hey, it's Wargaming, the game of fantasy football.

So far I'm very sorry that I've given my money to Wargaming, because the match maker makes this ship unplayable, even worse, it makes playing it a very unpleasant experience of being inadequate and impotent against damn aircraft.

• Cool 4

[CQC]
Beta Tester
66 posts
5,725 battles
4 minutes ago, mark1e said:

It should be T4, any buffs to AA would be ahistorical, it's a 1914 ww1 ship and it should not be matched up with ww2 ships, especially not with airplanes.

I wonder why 305mm cannons take 30s to reload too, but hey, it's Wargaming, the game of fantasy football.

The one thing though they could do though, is change the miserable AA aura to flack bursts. i mean, it is a 66mm (7cm) afterall with a rate of just ~15-20 shots per min and not like ingame a rapid fire MG.

Flak bursts alone without AA aura would already give it more AA strength, even if it is way more random if they will hit.

• Cool 1

[1000]
Beta Tester
40 posts
4,901 battles

Ship is unplayable against CVs. Unless you want to be a punching bag.

• Cool 3

Players
8,116 posts
8,919 battles
9 minutes ago, Tamago said:

The one thing though they could do though, is change the miserable AA aura to flack bursts. i mean, it is a 66mm (7cm) afterall with a rate of just ~15-20 shots per min and not like ingame a rapid fire MG.

Flak bursts alone without AA aura would already give it more AA strength, even if it is way more random if they will hit.

Would be a bit better, but still bad. Overall, VU will never have good AA and it is best to accept that. It is better to consider it aside from that and even aside from that, what does this thing bring to the table over a König, with its lulzy speed and hp pool. Unlike König it doesn't even have a high quality turtleback and can get citpenned. Ship just belongs to T4, where it is pretty much balanced for surface combat and lacking AA isn't special there. WG has to consider how to approach the 4 CV per game there anyway at some point (or ignore it WG style till it becomes unbearable).

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,763 posts
5,290 battles
1 hour ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

I like her so far. Her biggest issue is lack of aa. Othar than that she is pretty solid and fun ship.

That 20,5 knot speed does her no favours either to be fair.

• Cool 5

Players
464 posts
10,227 battles
1 hour ago, mark1e said:

I bought it because of history, it's a cute, very small BB, but it has virtually no AA and the terrible match maker that's breaking this game puts it into matches with T6 ships, including T6 CVs that Viribus can't defend against.

So far I'm very sorry that I've given my money to Wargaming, because the match maker makes this ship unplayable, even worse, it makes playing it a very unpleasant experience of being inadequate and impotent against damn aircraft.

It’s even worse than that, tier 7 ships will absolutely batter you! The worst premium ship ever.

• Cool 3

[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
9,748 battles

VU is imo the second worst premium ship in the game after Mikasa.  It has no place at tier V as it has tier 3 HP pool and no AA. Having a good broadside hitting power and good sigma might make it very good at tier 4 but certainly it has alot of downsides to compensate. They could of nerf the sigma and it would have been a good premium for tier IV. This ship meets Nagato, Sinop with twice the HP and 406 guns, it meets tier VI CV's. It is completely insane to put this ship at this tier.

So:

Tier  III  HP 35000 vs Nagato 65000

Range 16 km vs Nagato 20.5

No AA vs tier VI CV's

20 knots speed

weak armor when not angled

ALL this for good guns? So what WG did basicaly is taking it from tier IV because it was deemed too OP and moved it to tier V where is junk. So WG...did u solve anything? 

Anyone remember how they tried to uptier Giulio BB to level 6 and they dropped it because it was junk? Weellllll...they did it with VU...same results. One has to wonder if the people in charge with balancing ever learn anything or they just simply don't give a rats [edited]or they just dont play the game. Or both!

• Cool 2

Players
8,116 posts
8,919 battles
4 minutes ago, anunnak said:

ALL this for good guns? So what WG did basicaly is taking it from tier IV because it was deemed too OP and moved it to tier V where is junk. So WG...did u solve anything? 

Anyone remember how they tried to uptier Giulio BB to level 6 and they dropped it because it was junk? Weellllll...they did it with VU...same results. One has to wonder if the people in charge with balancing ever learn anything or they just simply don't give a rats [edited]or they just dont play the game. Or both!

They dropped the GC uptier because people cried. The test Giulio performed ok, being challenged by T8s, but what T6 BB isn't?

Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles

It would have been a better option to leave her at T4, just make the guns a bit more wonky. 

The only and i mean only reason it's T5 is because WG feared a Nikolai 2.0, that is the only real reason it's at T5. 

Bring a Nikolai to T5/6 and it melts faster then a ice cube on a frying pan in the sahara, but in T4- its strong. 

[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
9,748 battles

It performed ok in the hands of unicum or a very good player. While it's guns were adequate the other aspects werent good and it struggled a bit. Maybe i was harsh saying it was junk but definitely not a very pleasant ship to play imo. Having constantly CV attacks and tier 8 guns hitting u and spamming you with powerfull HE from range is very annoying. 

• Funny 1

[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
9,748 battles

@Major_Damage225  yes, no doubt. Why would it have been so hard to nerf the accuracy of the guns a bit (just not to be too op or frustrating to play) and just leave it at tier IV where it belongs? Such a simple solution and they decided to throw it at tier V because? it just baffels me completely. Instead they just ruined it with this uptier "experiment". 

Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles
18 minutes ago, anunnak said:

@Major_Damage225  yes, no doubt. Why would it have been so hard to nerf the accuracy of the guns a bit (just not to be too op or frustrating to play) and just leave it at tier IV where it belongs? Such a simple solution and they decided to throw it at tier V because? it just baffels me completely. Instead they just ruined it with this uptier "experiment". 

Umm, simple answer to that why, it's WG that are doing the questionable balancing, simple as that. 

For all the good concepts they have, they have a nice track record with balancing things with a bulldozer. 

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
141 posts
6,100 battles

Well, dunno where to start but I damn love this ship and it plays amazingly.

I don't think it needs any improvements at all, but please, do it wg! :cap_rambo:

Players
1,620 posts
2 minutes ago, CroPanzer said:

Well, dunno where to start but I damn love this ship and it plays amazingly.

I don't think it needs any improvements at all, but please, do it wg! :cap_rambo:

I was always trained from an early age to not bring a knife to a Gun Fight 

:Smile_honoring:

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles

There is already a large topic about this ship, why open another? 

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
16 hours ago, anunnak said:

VU is imo the second worst premium ship in the game after Mikasa.  It has no place at tier V as it has tier 3 HP pool and no AA. Having a good broadside hitting power and good sigma might make it very good at tier 4 but certainly it has alot of downsides to compensate. They could of nerf the sigma and it would have been a good premium for tier IV. This ship meets Nagato, Sinop with twice the HP and 406 guns, it meets tier VI CV's. It is completely insane to put this ship at this tier.

So:

Tier  III  HP 35000 vs Nagato 65000

Range 16 km vs Nagato 20.5

No AA vs tier VI CV's

20 knots speed

weak armor when not angled

kinda agree...except for the GC comparison. T6 is where GC belongs and testing clearily showed that. VU certainly wasn't as strong at T4 as GC is at T5.

• Cool 1