You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Milan_G_

world record damage chaos?

12 comments in this topic

[O-S-W]
Players
609 posts
18,889 battles

on the web shipcomrade  is a player with world highest dmg >>>like 500k. 

but

then you see a list with top ships with world record and highest is midway (this have to be that 500k) BUT there is another number. 

so... wtf is this? is there some better link to see world records per ship? 

thx

[JRM]
Players
6,241 posts
24,081 battles

I think that 500k was Haku match during 0.8.0 torpsoup

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,695 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

I think that 500k was Haku match during 0.8.0 torpsoup

That was when WG realised the CV rework needed some tweaking :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 4

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,086 posts
8,425 battles

The highest damage is 550k in a Hakuryu on the NA server during the release of the rework. On the other servers there is a similar story of 500k+ games all in Hakus (most likely rework release). The highest non CV game is on the EU server with a Harugumo scoring 495k damage. So if you think the pre nerf flooding CV's don't "count" then the 495k is the highest damage done so far.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles

Highest damage is actually 600k, someone on the CN server pulled that with a Midway. It's on Fara's Discord.

Want to know something even more funny tho?

The game was a loss.

• Funny 5

Players
2,803 posts
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Highest damage is actually 600k, someone on the CN server pulled that with a Midway. It's on Fara's Discord.

The game was a loss.

wow...

:cap_fainting:

[JRM]
Players
6,241 posts
24,081 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The game was a loss.

Well that actually has sense when you think about it...

Beta Tester
2,790 posts
7,088 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

True, the less of your team that deals damage to the enemy team, the more there is damage for you to farm. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
20 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Indeed.

Here's a video of it btw, complete with Chinese commentary and music.

http://v.huya.com/play/212992446.html?source=ios&sharetype=other&shareid=s14618232759657782231&platform=7

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Midway_600k.png

Midway_600k_Team.png

(The dude was even afk for the first minute because he was eating LOL. Also pure BB MM.)

EDIT:

Jesus F Christ I haven't actually watched this yet until now.

This is the outright most heartbreaking loss I've ever seen. And I've seen some :etc_swear: in my years with this game.

• Cool 2

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The game was a loss.

Lol doesn't surprise me....its uncanny in wows that most but not all, but most of my best games in Damage are nearly always losses.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,651 posts
11,707 battles
25 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Lol doesn't surprise me....its uncanny in wows that most but not all, but most of my best games in Damage are nearly always losses.

As someone earlier mentioned - it's not that strange. To put it simply: there's only so much hp on the map and if your allies do a decent job, they bring that number further down. Scoring really good in damage strongly implies that your team sucks (it's not always true but the correlation is there). What's more, when the enemy notices that they're winning hard, they become reckless. A combination of conceit and calculation often leads to aggressive behavior the player wouldn't have engaged in otherwise, be it because they underestimate the risk or because they are just willing to accept otherwise bad trades to quickly rack up some extra damage while they still can (before the match ends in seemingly inevitable victory).

TL&DR: In losing matches it's not uncommon to see lots upon lots of hp left (by your allies) just for you to take AND all that hp being delivered (by your enemies) straight to you in an easy to digest manner. Literally leading to a situation where you can get more damage BECAUSE your team is losing, and badly.

• Cool 3

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
28 minutes ago, eliastion said:

As someone earlier mentioned - it's not that strange. To put it simply: there's only so much hp on the map and if your allies do a decent job, they bring that number further down. Scoring really good in damage strongly implies that your team sucks (it's not always true but the correlation is there). What's more, when the enemy notices that they're winning hard, they become reckless. A combination of conceit and calculation often leads to aggressive behavior the player wouldn't have engaged in otherwise, be it because they underestimate the risk or because they are just willing to accept otherwise bad trades to quickly rack up some extra damage while they still can (before the match ends in seemingly inevitable victory).

TL&DR: In losing matches it's not uncommon to see lots upon lots of hp left (by your allies) just for you to take AND all that hp being delivered (by your enemies) straight to you in an easy to digest manner. Literally leading to a situation where you can get more damage BECAUSE your team is losing, and badly.

That Makes a lot of sense actually..