You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Teumessian_Fox

Pinkie Scum: 'Leaving Battle Early' Penalty.

20 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
2,756 battles

So, to day I had two total computer freezes during the game. This required the usual holding down of the power button and forcing a reboot. I come back to WOWS and I find that I am now a PINKIE for allegedly 'Leaving the Battle Early'. Well actually I didn't want to leave the battle, it's just that the latest update has caused me to crash out several times during play. Okay, so I played in the lower tiers for the required 3 games and restored my reputation but, why is this actually a thing? It was a Co-op FFS! Nobody in Co-Op actually plays with co-operation, it's always every man for himself. The 'leaving battle early' penalty sucks. FML.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Players
94 posts

This topic again? Okay. Quick question: How do you expect the automated system to tell the difference between a computer crash and someone rage-quitting? No, seriously, I am interested. Yes, it's annoying. I ended up pink because my side of the street suffered a 15-minute power blackout. Was that fair? No, it was not. However, unless you have a viable alternative, (and if you do, then by all means share it) simply play a few games in co-op and return to green. Pink is a slap on the wrist at most. It's orange you need to be concerned about.

• Cool 9

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
18 minutes ago, Erinnyes2000 said:

This topic again? Okay. Quick question: How do you expect the automated system to tell the difference between a computer crash and someone rage-quitting? No, seriously, I am interested. Yes, it's annoying. I ended up pink because my side of the street suffered a 15-minute power blackout. Was that fair? No, it was not. However, unless you have a viable alternative, (and if you do, then by all means share it) simply play a few games in co-op and return to green. Pink is a slap on the wrist at most. It's orange you need to be concerned about.

This :Smile_great:

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

The 'Leaving the Battle Early' penalty covers the whole situation of people abusing the ability to leave a battle if they decide they don't like the look of something or get mardy. For everybody else the first thing they do is try to log in again as soon as possible and hopefully rejoin the battle. And if that doesn't work they run PingPlotter and see why and where they are being disconnected from the game. You don't go pink just by trying to log in again, but you can go pink if you haven't made an effort and discovered it's your internet provider that is disconnecting you. Then the disconnects are on YOUR doorstep and nothing to do with WG protecting players from trolls who spoil teams by flouncing off.

[-AP-]
Players
2,490 posts
6,082 battles

I dont think your team cares about why you left the battle... all they care about is having to deal with 11vs12

Players
458 posts
1,477 battles

I turned pink early because my torpedoes after sinking a red team ship went to hit a green team ship.....

Should he have seen the torps which missed the red ship? probably but still my torps, so pink for 3 or 4 games in co-op:Smile_izmena:

it happens.....

Players
2,809 posts

I always fire torps aiming to kill enemy and I accept I could kill some friendlies. I consider dis 'acceptable losses' or 'collateral' damage. No big deal. Getting pink is a good punishment for harming them np.  

Players
2,878 posts
16,275 battles

IMO, the system should be disabled in coop. It's just bots.

2 hours ago, Erinnyes2000 said:

If the client crashes due to a faulty update, the blame is on WG. 

Also I dont see a technical reason why you cant determine with reasonably accuracy if the WoW client crashed or was shut down properly, unless we have people literally pulling the plug on the PC (which might well happen).

Best solution imo is disable the it in coop, since the worst the system can do is restrict a player to coop anyway.

1 hour ago, 250swb said:

You don't go pink just by trying to log in again, but you can go pink if you haven't made an effort and discovered it's your internet provider that is disconnecting you. 

AFAIK, you go pink unless the the client manages to put you back into the game? 

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
2,790 posts
7,088 battles

No big deal about being pink for 3 games because you "left the battle early" its annoying but pfft. 

Two days ago crashed after loggin into the match, did a client restart (normal protocol) but couldnt log onto the server, not even the forum, after multiple try's i sayd ''screw it". 

Next day i was pink, like i sayd, it is anoying but im not gonna get stressed over it. 

My 2 cents on the matter. 

:Smile_honoring:

Screenshot_20191003-020120.thumb.png.2923085fa0c620e1b4cdff3b6389a1cc.png

Players
449 posts
15,656 battles

Nope, this still applies in Co-op. I've gone orange trying to rush through 'Symbols of France'. I wish they'd show some leniency there. I've never left a game that turned out to be a loss.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles
9 hours ago, Teumessian_Fox said:

So, to day I had two total computer freezes during the game. This required the usual holding down of the power button and forcing a reboot.

If this happens frequently as you seem to imply it;s either time to 'tune up' whatever you're using or to replace it.

Frequent computer freezes are not a good sign.

I presume this happens regardless of the game mode - so if you ever play randoms then it happens then as well?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,727 posts
5,270 battles
9 hours ago, Teumessian_Fox said:

So, to day I had two total computer freezes during the game. This required the usual holding down of the power button and forcing a reboot. I come back to WOWS and I find that I am now a PINKIE for allegedly 'Leaving the Battle Early'. Well actually I didn't want to leave the battle, it's just that the latest update has caused me to crash out several times during play. Okay, so I played in the lower tiers for the required 3 games and restored my reputation but, why is this actually a thing? It was a Co-op FFS! Nobody in Co-Op actually plays with co-operation, it's always every man for himself. The 'leaving battle early' penalty sucks. FML.

In case you hadn't noticed there is no way for WG to know if you left battle intentionally or not, and indeed all we have is your word claiming it was not.

Be glad WG hasn't decided to implement my suggestion and remove AFK'ers and team killers from the regular co op que and force them to play with only themselves on the team.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,292 posts
35,956 battles
44 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Frequent computer freezes are not a good sign.

Maybe he has mods. On Aslain the IJN flag made 3 critical errors to me (in one day). I didn't select it before. So I removed it and everything was fine. 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles
8 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Maybe he has mods. On Aslain the IJN flag made 3 critical errors to me (in one day). I didn't select it before. So I removed it and everything was fine. 

Yes, I agree that is the first step if you have mods installed - the OP does not mention mods but having been in tech support for a mod team I'm used to players asking for help but not providing any details but the briefest description of the error let along technical specifications of the system they use

When I've had problems with mods they tend to never allow the game to start.  I use Aslain's mod pack and haven't had a problem with it although I've not used the IJN flags but the Historical Proportional flags in the same area (but without the IJN flag being selected) .

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

I left my battle early yesterday, was not death yet. Haven't logged in again, pretty sure I'm pink for couple of games, who gives a damn. Better as having to play that particular game. 

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,701 battles
13 hours ago, Teumessian_Fox said:

Sorry, but it's your PC and YOUR responsibility to make sure it's in a fit state to play the game. If it's unstable and fails in a game then fair enough the first time. But multiple times, sorry don't blame the game, you have to carry the can for this. As others have said how does the game 'know' your PC died. All the server can determine is an attached client suddenly disconnects. Your disconnect puts your team at a disadvantage.

• Cool 3

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
717 posts
13,872 battles
4 hours ago, lafeel said:

Be glad WG hasn't decided to implement my suggestion and remove AFK'ers and team killers from the regular co op que and force them to play with only themselves on the team

I would love to spectate those matches!