You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_OQ8SFxmDxroh

Tirpitz players and obsession with torps

18 comments in this topic

Players
70 posts

Almost every Tirpitz player is behaving like this: He goes very, very close to enemy team almost at the beginning of the game, shows big juicy broadside JUST TO LAUNCH TORPS OF 6 KM RANGE. Then he dies almost instantly, get citaled, a hundred fires etc. Should I even mention that released torps score zero hits. I really don't understand why Tirpitz players are so obsessed with torps. Your primary weapons are 8 main battery guns. Don't be burden to your team, it's really sad to watch such stupid behavior.     

• Funny 1

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
2,015 battles

There is the reason why Tirpitz is alternate name is “derptiz”, cause it’s one of the first high tier premium boats to show up in the game, available to all with a credit card

[SHAD]
Players
2,445 posts
10,978 battles

There’s a Yuro video where he takes his Tirpitz into smoke and torps both DDs in there. Maybe they all watched that.

• Funny 4

Players
278 posts
1,663 battles

I find that typically the Tirpitz is easy to destroy in my Bismarck, despite the Tirpitz theoretically having the advantage. You can usually really tell people have bought the ship but lack the experience to play it well.

Beta Tester
2,790 posts
7,088 battles

At least in your case they get close, how many have i seen them dumping torps from 18km away :Smile_smile:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
9,813 posts
11,484 battles
5 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Play it like a BIG DD and it’s great.

it haz guns and armor of a battlebote, handling of a cruiser and torps of a DD. And its german on top of all that, so hype overload.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,054 posts
2,615 battles

The highest damage game I have currently had (179k), was in my Amagi. Towards the end of the game, I ended up at the far eastern part of the map against a Tirpitz.

He had noticeably more health than me so I turned away, reducing to half speed. He followed, but at no point fired his main guns at me. I on the other hand continued to shoot at him, chipping away at his health.  Clearly he was watching his torpedo tracking and nothing else. 

He got half way along side me at a very close range, fired his torps and missed. Unfortunately for him, I didnt miss giving him a full broadside.

Those torps can be very handy. But at the end of the day the Tirpitz is a battleship. Some players forget that.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,445 posts
10,978 battles

I'm surprised Tirpitz still attracts so many poor players. 

I am surprised anyone would pick it over the Massachusetts.

I might take mine out soon but I'm far to scared of CVs in it.

Players
3,213 posts
8 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Try it, divvied up with a Bismarck or two, she is is outrageous fun, neither ship will guarantee you a win but yes she is fun, my main go to T8 BB.

Players
9,813 posts
11,484 battles
11 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

the same reason most people when they think "tank", they imagine 'Tiger". Famous German battleship, "the beast" with service record of firing upon weather station:Smile_smile:

Players
278 posts
1,663 battles
42 minutes ago, Panocek said:

the same reason most people when they think "tank", they imagine 'Tiger". Famous German battleship, "the beast" with service record of firing upon weather station:Smile_smile:

Well its sistership did allright considering the vast disadvantage of the German navy.

Players
382 posts
7,798 battles

Problem lies with the players thinking that their close proximity torp launches will guarantee a kill.  Which isn't, at all.  If anything Tirpitz players should utilise their torps for defensive weapon instead of an offensive weapon.  Due to the lack of range.  They underestimate the power of her guns versus Tier 9 battleships.

[PARAZ]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,494 battles

Locked due to being unconstructive.

Regards,

Minia

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2