You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Visby_K31

How to play Hermes ??

10 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
2,682 battles

Need some advice how to play Hermes in a good way

(and mental support) after some terrible battles for me in a Hermes.

About 10k dmg/battle less then I "used" to have in Langley (or Hosho)

I am not a experienced player but the start in Hermes is so ------ bad.

Try to do some spotting and then farming, use torps and bombers (sometimes rockets for DDs and Cruisers).

Perhaps it takes time to get used to Hermes TB compered with Langely TB (with TA) and Hosho TB (without TA) or should I minimize the use of Hermes TB

Players
9,842 posts
11,545 battles
19 minutes ago, HMS_Visby_K31 said:

Try to do some spotting and then farming, use torps and bombers (sometimes rockets for DDs and Cruisers).

Perhaps it takes time to get used to Hermes TB compered with Langely TB (with TA) and Hosho TB (without TA) or should I minimize the use of Hermes TB

You don't. You sell Hermes and get yourself a Hosho. Both much better CV and it leads to actually decent CV line, unlike Hermes.

[-LA-]
Players
662 posts
4,789 battles

there all a bit different , so takes a little adjusting , if i recall the torps on hermes are slower but arm faster? so you can drop them closer , the rockets should behave more or less like the IJN ones but with more agility. the dive bombers imo suck balls anything you can hit they wont pen anything you can pen you wont hit, best dropped on a slight diagonal up the length of the ship , if the ships sitting 12 - 6 on the clock face drop along the 7-1 line from behind (obviously with the smalles reticle) then just hope RNG likes you and something actually hits.

its just a matter of adjusting , i dont think its as bad a line as people make out , not saying its great or even good, its just not as bad as people say ;)

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

Although I'm sure CV mains will be along in time and give a more detailed overview, in general the British CV line is the weakest of the 3 CV lines available. 

Players
3,298 posts
14,054 battles

Free exp Hermes. It’s just crap compared to Langley and utterly outclassed compared to Hosho. Furious is at least competitive with the other T6 CV’s. Just don’t rely on the DB’s unless it’s to try set fires on a BB. 

Players
3,220 posts
5 hours ago, HMS_Visby_K31 said:

Sell her, job done, play Hosho instead, save yourself the pain of Brit CV's

Players
3,220 posts
3 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Although I'm sure CV mains will be along in time and give a more detailed overview, in general the British CV line is the weakest of the 3 CV lines available. 

Tier X can just about hold it's own but if I ever play here I just think I am in a tier 8.

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
2,682 battles

Thanks for your advice - I try to free XP - Hermes when its possible.

If I dont like Furious - then I skip the Brits CV line 

• Cool 1

Players
3,220 posts
41 minutes ago, HMS_Visby_K31 said:

Thanks for your advice - I try to free XP - Hermes when its possible.

If I dont like Furious - then I skip the Brits CV line 

Furious can come into it's own in Ops, never took the AR out in Ops, but then I dismissed her captain, he went to to some other worthwhile ship.