You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NorthwoodIOW

Game is becoming a joke

99 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
26 posts
10,150 battles

To many inexperienced players are now playing this game with bad win rates, last two day's i have been in losing games despite being top most of them, I do not want to [play a game where i am getting stressed with lemmings , players who just dont play well despite trying to guide them to right spot ect.What happens to these bad player reports , or better still have a 3 tier player system those below 40% play with player of percenters of that level and below , then player above 45% play all those 45% and above, and Above 50% play together everyone will have a good game,I myself will be in the 45% and above as i am only a reasonable player but at least i be playing with players simular.I am not going to spend anymore money on this game until something changes for the better its getting worse that World of Tanks.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 1

Players
445 posts

Your not the first to suggest something like this, but WG will never implement, they just want the cash cow to keep rolling in with players moving up the tiers when not ready.

• Cool 1

Players
3,293 posts
14,054 battles

Problem is everyone then every player becomes 50% meaning you’ll still end up getting smashed by unicums and stuck with potato’s.

• Cool 6

[CATS]
Players
26,123 posts
14,098 battles
11 minutes ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

To many inexperienced players are now playing this game with bad win rates, last two day's i have been in losing games despite being top most of them, I do not want to [play a game where i am getting stressed with lemmings , players who just dont play well despite trying to guide them to right spot ect.What happens to these bad player reports , or better still have a 3 tier player system those below 40% play with player of percenters of that level and below , then player above 45% play all those 45% and above, and Above 50% play together everyone will have a good game,I myself will be in the 45% and above as i am only a reasonable player but at least i be playing with players simular.I am not going to spend anymore money on this game until something changes for the better its getting worse that World of Tanks.

WR of players did not change as this a relative attribute, not an absolute. Even if players got worse, the WR distribution does not change.

If you did not get worse, you should even improve your WR as you face less skilled players.

• Cool 2

Players
2,809 posts

its the weekend. All my bad streaks start in weekends and end there. This time I started playing CVs  :fish_haloween:(I haven't even touched one before -true story) and I managed to float well above 50% despite testing stuff live. But... I got smacked wit 'great' teams a couple of times or more so I got my healthy taste dose of frustration for today. More tomorrow I suppose haha :)  Just give it a couple of days and it will calm down.

Having said that, there's a new line coming so the influx of new players will be great again, which is good and also frustrating :)

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,123 posts
14,098 battles
19 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

its the weekend. All my bad streaks start in weekends and end there.

I suggest to look more often at your stats. You have good streaks on weekends and bad streaks on weekdays, like any other player.

• Cool 1

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Not to nitpick here OP and by far totally not claiming I have such legendary stats, because I don't. But seeing yours I'd say there is room for improvement on your side. Yes I know: stats are part of the story. Still looking at ours a few things strike me. Your ave damage is OK. Your survival rate is low though. That makes me think you rush in to quickly and go on a rampage with a red glare over your eyes. Now, in quite a few situations that might actually be a good thing: you making enough noise to draw in other zombies to help you fighting. But more often it's not. So my first advice is to have some level of patience: obsess about your minimap and see how the battle unfolds in early mid game. Don't always shoot right away at the first thing that moves. Sometimes you're forced into a defensive position, sometimes vv. Second: I see you have spread your experience well, BB main. Nothing wrong with that. (I refuse to acknowledge CV's as ships in that freakshow, so my experience with them is as huge as yours). However: the overly vast majority of matches you played are solo. I also see you're a real clan hopper. You might want to consider stick with your (or a) clan and div up far more to cooperate. That way your WR will go up. Especially a div of 3 has a far greater impact on the match than you solo. "lol, you noob Ferry! You're not even in a clan!" Good point. I had to leave NED because I lost interest in wows so I didn't play regularly enough. And that was one of the main demands when Bakx and I started it. And rules apply to everyone. So to me as well. But disregarding I am clan less (right now "sniffing" if wows can enchant me again so I don't want to commit until I'm sure enough about that) I know my WR got up when playing divs. Also using experience gained from CW helped me a lot.

So what I am saying: you have the experience. But I think there is more room for increasing your tactics. But it's all up to you. My rule of thumb: when a match is going south or a few I have 10 primary suspects to blame first. All whom I can see in my mirror.

• Cool 5

Players
725 posts

Your decision not to pay any more money for this game is a sound one. You'll have just as much playing for free as you did when paid real money.

I'm happy to play with 45% win rate players as there are 11 slots on my team for them and 12 on the other team. It's the low win rate players that keep my win rate above 50%.

And if you really don't enjoy playing this game when you lose, maybe you should play some other game, where you almost never lose (which I'd find boring and unchallenging) or a game where you still have a lot of fun, win or lose (Crossout is a good example of this).

• Cool 2

Players
378 posts

4 DDs per side has become the norm for me lately. Game is decided at the knife fight in the cap in the first 2 minutes. We either take down 3 of theirs or they take down 3 of ours. Then the game becomes fun and engaging...

6 ships chasing a DD at the edge of the map while the rest of his team takes us down one by own. Like dogs that saw a cat ,their brains stop functioning and simply press W.You flank them and hammer them from the side and they still press W an try to find that DD in some corner of the map.

2 out of 10 games are good,the other 8 are either boring or downright horrible.

Players
469 posts
8,425 battles

lost quite a few games because of a rise in AFK players recently, had some lovely close matches and that single player sitting alone made all the difference, had some great teams and had some terrible teams, had some great games and and some lousy games.....it's just what it is and no online game is immune from it

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

4 DDs per side has become the norm for me lately. Game is decided at the knife fight in the cap in the first 2 minutes. We either take down 3 of theirs or they take down 3 of ours. Then the game becomes fun and engaging...

6 ships chasing a DD at the edge of the map while the rest of his team takes us down one by own. Like dogs that saw a cat ,their brains stop functioning and simply press W.You flank them and hammer them from the side and they still press W an try to find that DD in some corner of the map.

2 out of 10 games are good,the other 8 are either boring or downright horrible.

4 BB''s per side, game is decided based on which side fails to support their team more :Smile_smile:

6 ships chasing a BB at the edge of the map ( what would a DD be doing there... you just said they fight in the caps... ) like dogs that saw a cat a BB captain is so prone to being a total failure right up to the point where everyone in their team is dead and they still have the audacity to blame their team for dying before they did....

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
659 posts
4,772 battles
14 hours ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

you seem to be proposing 50% win rate matchmaking, personally it doesnt offend me but its not very popular an idea around here.

from my experience im not sure your base assumption is wright. im not sure its inexperienced / bad players being the problem. i mean of course they (we) exist but we always have we alwys do, and of course thre wil always be games where that happens.

i think there is a second problem this game has and why this issue is apparently getting worse is the meta, there is now a clear division between playing well and having fun (edit . i meant for me and those in the same situation , but my language makes it look like i mean for everyone)

so were ending up with two subsections , folks that are motivated by the win, and then folks like me who dont actually care about win/loss we just want to enjoy the moment to moment gameplay.

it is to my mind bad gameplay design that these two groups are not motivated to do the same thing. 

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
10 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

there is now a clear division between playing well and having fun.

This is [edited], bad players can have fun while trying to play well, it's just a bs excuse. 

The problem is that WG has an economy which doesn't force those single cell organisms to actually l2p. And this way baddies can have their 'fun' while still not even WANTING to improve. 

folks that are motivated by the win, and then folks like me who dont actually care about win/loss

Can you play coop then please, k thanks bye. 

it is to my mind bad gameplay design that these two groups are not motivated to do the same thing. 

It is bad gamedesign that players who should be playing coop or operations are allowed by economy in randoms. Anyone who does not press battle with the clear intend to WIN THE FFIN GAME is imho a piece of scum ruining the game for everyone else just because he/she is so ffin selfish that he/she thinks that their allies are less important then their sense of 'fun'. 

These are the BB's which go around sailing along the map border being abso ffin lutely useless. 

• Cool 4

Players
155 posts
7,579 battles

4 DDs per side has become the norm for me lately. 

Nice! Hope we get more DDs, maybe few cruisers showing sexy sides too, like in before 0.8.0 times. Now with the nerfed torpedoes they are not that scary. I'm sick of fighting red teams full of BBs and CV.(With my Bismarck :Smile_hiding:

Game is decided at the knife fight in the cap in the first 2 minutes. We either take down 3 of theirs or they take down 3 of ours. Then the game becomes fun and engaging...

Then go kill them sneaky red DDs in the first 2 minutes? Problem solved. 

Spoiler

fUnBeGinS.thumb.jpg.9c658683a91ffb00e887c331bb6b1845.jpg

Players
463 posts
10,436 battles
13 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

WR of players did not change as this a relative attribute, not an absolute. Even if players got worse, the WR distribution does not change.

If you did not get worse, you should even improve your WR as you face less skilled players.

Ahhh. So much truth.

Do you think he undetstands though?

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

It's not entirely true though, there are more worse players yes, but this also changed meta so that it's harder to carry the mouth breathers on your own team.

[-LA-]
Players
659 posts
4,772 battles
33 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

It's not entirely true though, there are more worse players yes, but this also changed meta so that it's harder to carry the mouth breathers on your own team.

but that is true for both sides?

Players
102 posts
10,649 battles

Randoms are horrible gaming experience. The worst I have ever seen in any game.

Players dont communicate bcs they are afraid to be chat banned (only 4 reports IIRC).

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
5 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

but that is true for both sides?

Indeed, but it does result in more landslide victories and loses, and those are demoralizing even for good players. 

I can't stand more as a few losses in a row, not because they are losses but why they are losses. If I keep playing in that state of mind I'm not going to play well myself -> I play less games. And to get a good feeling for the game, you need to play ships repeatedly ( I used to play a single ship sometimes for an entire session, only switching to comparable play style ships when I died early ( so my ship would probably be locked for some time in battle ). I know this is personal, and it might not or probably does not apply to (many) others, but this is what it does to me :Smile_hiding:

And I know, I can play in divisions and this all goes away. But I don't like the concept of only having an enjoyable experience when playing in divisions. 

edit:

3 minutes ago, ZeroCommaZero said:

Players dont communicate bcs they are afraid to be chat banned (only 4 reports IIRC).

Players don't communicate because players are unwilling to listen to advice since it implies they are doing something wrong ( and this hurts their pride / ego ). 

Chat ban system afaik is a sliding scale, the more reports you get the faster the next ban would apply. This is only true for 1 day ban's which are automated, 3 day and longer bans are afaik only applied after a manual review. 

[-LA-]
Players
659 posts
4,772 battles
48 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

This is [edited], bad players can have fun while trying to play well, it's just a bs excuse. 

The problem is that WG has an economy which doesn't force those single cell organisms to actually l2p. And this way baddies can have their 'fun' while still not even WANTING to improve. 

Can you play coop then please, k thanks bye. 

well that is a highly articulate and well reasoned point of debate. staying at that level; ill reply with , no its not.

open hostility , rudeness and ad hominem , the trifector of fear. bit odd  invested in the status quo much?

you might want to up your game when talking to people

• Bad 1

Players
102 posts
10,649 battles
3 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Chat ban system afaik is a sliding scale, the more reports you get the faster the next ban would apply. This is only true for 1 day ban's which are automated, 3 day and longer bans are afaik only applied after a manual review. 

In WoT I was hardly ever banned in 4 years with 45k battles. In WoWs i am almost always banned.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
8 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

well that is a highly articulate and well reasoned point of debate.

You think it's reasonable when you say you press battle and are not even trying to win, but instead press battle to just 'have fun' and yet you complain about the response you get :Smile_smile:

How about I repeat I would like those people to stay in coop or operations instead, where they don't impact the environment of people who do play this game to have fun WHILE TRYING TO WIN THE GAME.

Your line sounds like the BS excuse I hear from Kevin the BB player sailing accross the map border because 'he has fun doing it', while he ruins every teams chance to actually play for the OBJECTIVE of the game -> win. 

It's a total failure of an 'argument' to claim that playing to win is 'not fun' while ruining the environment of those who do, would qualify as 'fun'.

open hostility

Towards those players who ruin the game, yes ofc. It's nothing worse as cheating/botting and all the other ways to grieve others.

rudeness and ad hominem

My description of these players as single cell organisms might be blunt, I think it applies very well. And that's not ad hominem at all.

the trifector of fear. bit odd  invested int eh status quo much?

What status quo? Please elaborate, I'm VERY curious. 

5 minutes ago, ZeroCommaZero said:

In WoT I was hardly ever banned in 4 years with 45k battles. In WoWs i am almost always banned.

Don't tell people they are playing wrong, don't offer people advice, and don't use chat to tell people what you think of their contributions to the team -> you still can get chat banned don't worry :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Players
9,828 posts
11,528 battles
55 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

The problem is that WG has an economy which doesn't force those single cell organisms to actually l2p. And this way baddies can have their 'fun' while still not even WANTING to improve

If anything, WG condones "pley4phun" crowd. Decent player can make educated guess on premium ship selection and will more or less efficiently grind through silver ships within, lets say, 1 month of premium time. Pley4phun will buy premium ships at random and keep buying premium account to sustain his phun way of playing:Smile_smile:

• Cool 4

Players
102 posts
10,649 battles
2 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Don't tell people they are playing wrong, don't offer people advice, and don't use chat to tell people what you think of their contributions to the team -> you still can get chat banned don't worry :Smile_trollface:

You say "hi" and you will get chatbanned after 5 battles.

• Cool 1