Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Endorphin187

Wrong voice for UK Captain "Hood"

31 comments in this topic

[SMP]
Players
193 posts

Hi,

i think i found a soundbug in the voice from captain "Hood". Its a UK captain but talks japanese. And i have no voicemod, language is german. All other captains working fine.

Hood.png

• Funny 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,046 posts
10,790 battles

Are you expecting a Japanese teenaged girl to have the voice of a middle aged British sea captain?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
4 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Are you expecting a Japanese teenaged girl to have the voice of a middle aged British sea captain?

hey, to each their own weird phantasies I guess... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[SMP]
Players
193 posts
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She is an anime captain. They talk Japanese. You can turn it off, if you want.

Where is the option ? I already selected german ( deutsch ).

voice.png

[LADA]
Players
544 posts
8,403 battles

Personally I think WG missed a trick here. I want my HMS Hood to be piloted by this fellow. 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20141217230335

KIRANO! KIRANO!!!!!!

• Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,049 posts
10,564 battles
1 hour ago, Exocet6951 said:

My hipper captain is one of those teenager with a voice of an old sea wolf.

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

Well the OPs issue itself has been resolved, but prehaps there is a market for a Japanese woman speaking English as an alternative voice over. 

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,740 posts
5,280 battles
3 hours ago, Endorphin187 said:

Hi,

i think i found a soundbug in the voice from captain "Hood". Its a UK captain but talks japanese. And i have no voicemod, language is german. All other captains working fine.

Hood.png

There is no problem, she is from a Japanese game, that's why she speaks Japanese.

One of the better sounding anime voice overs too..

Players
3,339 posts
16,088 battles
3 hours ago, Gvozdika said:

Personally I think WG missed a trick here. I want my HMS Hood to be piloted by this fellow. 

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20141217230335

KIRANO! KIRANO!!!!!!

Blimey ! Them eyebrows on that geezer! :Smile_unsure::Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

Players
234 posts
1,188 battles
3 hours ago, Gvozdika said:

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20141217230335

KIRANO! KIRANO!!!!!!

Ah, that brings back childhood memories.

Think I still got some of the toys at my old folk's place.

As for Ms. Hood: she's from the Azur Lane collaboration, and would as such speak either Chinese or Japanese (Azur Lane being a Chinese game, but the collab likely being from the Japanese publisher/localisation).

Haven't bothered to listen to her voice yet though, since I'm quite happy with Ms Kongou's voice.

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles
15 minutes ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

As for Ms. Hood: she's from the Azur Lane collaboration, and would as such speak either Chinese or Japanese (Azur Lane being a Chinese game, but the collab likely being from the Japanese publisher/localisation).

Haven't bothered to listen to her voice yet though, since I'm quite happy with Ms Kongou's voice.

Ms Hood does indeed speak Japanese and the voice actress has a pleasing voice, randomly my Mrs has banned me from using Takao with speakers as she sounds like someone she hated back in high school. Still it's great we get quite some variety in the voice actresses.

• Funny 2

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

I would love to get full English voice acting for the AL captains but considering even the international version of the App has them speaking Japanese with subtitles (IIRC) I doubt it will happen.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,773 posts
19,465 battles
1 hour ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Azur Lane being a Chinese game, but the collab likely being from the Japanese publisher/localisation

Voiceover is Japanese even in the CN client.

Most likely because that's the "industry standard" and having actual Chinese voice acting would likely make the game less popular even within China itself ironically enough.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,740 posts
5,280 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Voiceover is Japanese even in the CN client.

Most likely because that's the "industry standard" and having actual Chinese voice acting would likely make the game less popular even within China itself ironically enough.

The fact that there is more than one version of Chinese may have something to do with that, at least Japanese is all one language..

Players
9,842 posts
11,545 battles
6 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Ms Hood does indeed speak Japanese and the voice actress has a pleasing voice, randomly my Mrs has banned me from using Takao with speakers as she sounds like someone she hated back in high school. Still it's great we get quite some variety in the voice actresses.

giphy.gif

[POP]
Players
598 posts
11,695 battles

The real bug with animecaptains is that my animecaptains will not be heard on other players ears. WG, please fix.

• Cool 2

[LADA]
Players
544 posts
8,403 battles
5 hours ago, Altsak said:

The real bug with animecaptains is that my animecaptains will not be heard on other players ears. WG, please fix.

Erm no - it's called common decency. 

I play WOWS to unwind, to relax. The last thing I need is some hyperactive chipmunk screaming and shrieking (in a language I know not one word of) every time somebody presses the quick comms commands. 

Players
6,772 posts
245 battles
42 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Erm no - it's called common decency. 

I play WOWS to unwind, to relax. The last thing I need is some hyperactive chipmunk screaming and shrieking (in a language I know not one word of) every time somebody presses the quick comms commands. 

True, even i dont care much for the voices myself.

In the shows im fine with it, because its what i expect, in the game....umm nah.

I don't mind if others want to have the voices on for themselves, peeps should be given a choice after all.

Also technically hood would be like...over 100 years old?

@El2aZeR whats wrong with chinese voices (jus asking).

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,773 posts
19,465 battles
4 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

@El2aZeR whats wrong with chinese voices (jus asking).

Nothing much tbh, but Japanese voice actors are more popular and is generally accepted as the industry standard for "anime games". Deviating inevitably means less popularity.

Imagine if WoWs was available only in Russian e.g. when it is worldwide accepted that video games should have at least an English localization.

• Cool 1

Players
6,772 posts
245 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Nothing much tbh, but Japanese voice actors are more popular and is generally accepted as the industry standard for "anime games". Deviating inevitably means less popularity.

Imagine if WoWs was available only in Russian e.g. when it is worldwide accepted that video games should have at least an English localization.

I see, ill have a listen to the chinese voices too see how they compare to the japanese ones.

True, which is the reason why kancolle isn't as wildly popular as azur lane (dunno if it would be even if english translations came through).

Sign in to follow this