Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RamboCras

tier 8 vs tier 10 &the new OP ships

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[VLOOT]
Players
257 posts
18,197 battles

With the urge of WG to keep producing ships that increase in power via DPM, is it still fun to be in a tier 8 ship and encountering tier X OP ships?

 

We already had ships you feared when being uptiered like the Yama and the Mino, but with the new tier X ships being released I absolutely DO NOT enjoy the game anymore when I up tiered. Encountering ships like the Kremlin, Smolensk, Stalingrad, Haregumo, Kleber, Yoshino, Colbert, Ohio, ships that outrange, outspot, outrun, outdamage you. The game really starts to suck big time being bottom tier and getting an arcade game experiences with the amount of daka daka or massive damage you take. And the matchmaking fix they did no long ago is simply not enough not to be annoyed.

 

I know it's not good, but if I am in such a game, and the map is not good for cover, I try not to do it too conspicuous, but I yolo in so I can start another game without getting too many -1. Until 3-4 months ago, I loved the game, only game I played, I am now over 12.000 games but have recently installed EVE online and now I play 30% WOW and 70% Eve Online. I play for 3 containers so I get coal and my Clan gets 30 oil and I am done for the day. Sometimes I don't even make that anymore when I am uptiered too often.

 

Of course, the weekend players and the Reseach Bureau (62.000 for the Ohio, seriously don't you know the effort that takes??) don't help.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,188 posts
14,119 battles
15 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

With the urge of WG to keep producing ships that increase in power via DPM, is it still fun to be in a tier 8 ship and encountering tier X OP ships?

 

We already had ships you feared when being uptiered like the Yama and the Mino, but with the new tier X ships being released I absolutely DO NOT enjoy the game anymore when I up tiered. Encountering ships like the Kremlin, Smolensk, Stalingrad, Haregumo, Kleber, Yoshino, Colbert, Ohio, ships that outrange, outspot, outrun, outdamage you. The game really starts to suck big time being bottom tier and getting an arcade game experiences with the amount of daka daka or massive damage you take. And the matchmaking fix they did no long ago is simply not enough not to be annoyed.

 

I know it's not good, but if I am in such a game, and the map is not good for cover, I try not to do it too conspicuous, but I yolo in so I can start another game without getting too many -1. Until 3-4 months ago, I loved the game, only game I played, I am now over 12.000 games but have recently installed EVE online and now I play 30% WOW and 70% Eve Online. I play for 3 containers so I get coal and my Clan gets 30 oil and I am done for the day. Sometimes I don't even make that anymore when I am uptiered too often.

 

Of course, the weekend players and the Reseach Bureau (62.000 for the Ohio, seriously don't you know the effort that takes??) don't help.

None of the ships is "OP". And Kremlin and Ohio are very far from "daka daka"...

We even have a current thread were people complain that Khaba is too weak, which outperforms Haragumo...

 

If you give up, you cannot get better.

Either go back to mid Tiers or stop playing. Otherwise you will never find enjoyment in this game.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
3,049 posts
10,564 battles

I just did a few games in co-op to dust off my Bismarck for the sprint.(maybe tomorrow).

and I run into my first Smolesnk . I didn't went,  WTF was that? Because I was already aware of it's "reputation", but...

WTF was that?

After 2 citadels it was gone but it limited my engagements with the following ships. (two Bismarcks).

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,097 posts
8,919 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Yoshino played right? 👌

Don't get me wrong, I like my Yoshino, I don't regret any coal I spent on it, I consider it a decent enough ship, but the only aspect where Yoshino outshines all other T10 cruisers is the ability to deal team damage...

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles
3 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Yoshino played right? 👌

 

Every ship OP then :Smile_hiding:

 

5 hours ago, RamboCras said:

is it still fun to be in a tier 8 ship and encountering tier X OP ships?

 

I have much less fun being T6-7 ship in T8-9 MM. They struggle much more than T8 vs 10 imo.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,299 posts
14,054 battles
11 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Don't get me wrong, I like my Yoshino, I don't regret any coal I spent on it, I consider it a decent enough ship, but the only aspect where Yoshino outshines all other T10 cruisers is the ability to deal team damage...

While Yoshino is cursed for me (which I plan to rectify) she almost got me my 1st 300k game off the bat and now holds my damage record. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I have much less fun being T6-7 ship in T8-9 MM. They struggle much more than T8 vs 10 imo.

 

Especially the tier 7 BBs, that 25mm bow can be a right pain when it comes to being uptiered but since tier 8-10 has 32mm which only the mighty Yamaushi twins can deal with head on means you stand a chance.

 

Saying that having gone back through the IJN BB line due to the Naval Center has given me a new appreciation for the Izumo. When I first played her I rushed the crap out of the line and she has some terrible stats (like really terrible) but now thanks to the buffs shes had in the meantime as well as me learning a more yammie playstyle she is actually fairly tolerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,097 posts
8,919 battles
7 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

While Yoshino is cursed for me (which I plan to rectify) she almost got me my 1st 300k game off the bat and now holds my damage record. 

Good luck with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,299 posts
14,054 battles
2 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Good luck with that. 

I’m a sucker for punishment. I mean, I like Emerald and FDG....

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,008 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I’m a sucker for punishment. I mean, I like Emerald and FDG....

You seriously need help pal 😬

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,299 posts
14,054 battles
Just now, beercrazy said:

You seriously need help pal 😬

If it’s a trash boat... I’ll probably have it and like it 😂

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VLOOT]
Players
257 posts
18,197 battles

Good discussion guys, thanks for the reactions. 
 

a little reaction on the yoshino, double steering module combined with its range, firechance and how precise it shoots. It’s almost impossible not to make at least a 100k damage. Actually the only ship that i will play in the center with so i can reach all caps to make fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,773 posts
245 battles

DUn worreh, ill draw up my russian yammy when i get back home from workings.

 

it will be the next tier 9 with 460’s!

 

yay balans!

 

too be honest i can see the above happening, but yeah since wargaming couldnt make superstalingrad they just had to settle with making op or broken, very good and maybe the occasional balanced ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
4 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

DUn worreh, ill draw up my russian yammy when i get back home from workings.

 

it will be the next tier 9 with 460’s!

Only 9? Off to gulag with you for sabotaging Motherland war efforts

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,475 posts
11,067 battles
27 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Good discussion guys, thanks for the reactions. 
 

a little reaction on the yoshino, double steering module combined with its range, firechance and how precise it shoots. It’s almost impossible not to make at least a 100k damage. Actually the only ship that i will play in the center with so i can reach all caps to make fire.

I might try that with mine. I find it so hard to use those torps. Who gives such good torps to a back line cruiser?

 

MIght be more interesting with double rudder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
2,475 posts
11,067 battles
10 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Every ship OP then :Smile_hiding:

 

 

I have much less fun being T6-7 ship in T8-9 MM. They struggle much more than T8 vs 10 imo.

True. The armour changes are very difficult to deal with.

I used to say that we might regret any matchmaking changes that effected this.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,225 battles
10 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I’m a sucker for punishment. I mean, I like Emerald and FDG....

J7gb7gk.gif

 

 

 

16 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

None of the ships is "OP". And Kremlin and Ohio are very far from "daka daka"...

Kind of depends what your in though pete. We all know power creep is a real thing in this game. Look at the radar meta in this game now for example.....the difference of ship capability @ tiers 8 -10 is getting wider IMO....

We will see how  tier 8 cruisers fair against "Venezia" when she arrives...

 

3J0s7eY.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
19 posts
2,798 battles

After so many O.P crap ships Tier 8 should play battles until Tier 9 top....Tier 8-10 is nt fun at ALL....i have unlocked Hakuryu.....Seatle....but i never took them....i keep my Shokaku and Cleveland and i play for fun,W/O premium until W.G understand that has become stupid crap shits at her higher Tier balance!...At my Ibuki...i gather the xps to Zao..but OFCOURSE i dint took it......why in hell  I would like το  buy  honest ships like Zao...Hidenburg...Yamato....Henri...Montana etc.(i have an old account and i had unlocked ALL ).

To play against SMOLENSK.....Worcesters....MINOTAURS and the other ridiculous O.P shits like them?

Believe me...i have the COAL and with the coupon i can get Smolensk... but I hesitate .... I'm ashamed to play such  ridiculous O.P crap!

VICTORY is the  condition in which two EQUAL strength Teams fight each other and one of them overmatch...EQUAL TEAMS!

VICTORY has value when YOU overmatch the opponent human captain...when--even at your most stupid mistake move--your ship  shoots 16 shells every 3,something THE SHIP dint even need your brain....That victory is garbage my fellow game mates...is only for 13 y.o players.The same players who play games in "God Mode'

W.G..ONCE MORE...we dont need "God Mode"

With my coal I will probably took Georgia....Has 457 but only 6..that is nt O.P my dear W.G...you CAN give honest fun ships...sometimes you choose to testing our patient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...We hav nt.....so...Nerf your crap's ship to become playable pls!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,188 posts
14,119 battles
Just now, SeaWolf7 said:

Kind of depends what your in though pete. We all know power creep is a real thing in this game. Look at the radar meta in this game now for example.....the difference of ship capability @ tiers 8 -10 is getting wider IMO....

We will see how  tier 8 cruisers fair against "Venezia" when she arrives...

Powercreep does not mean something is "Op". That is a whole different benchmark than just being stronger.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,097 posts
8,919 battles
2 hours ago, RamboCras said:

Good discussion guys, thanks for the reactions. 
 

a little reaction on the yoshino, double steering module combined with its range, firechance and how precise it shoots. It’s almost impossible not to make at least a 100k damage. Actually the only ship that i will play in the center with so i can reach all caps to make fire.

Have you ever heard about low-impact playstyle? Getting 100k damage at T10 by burning BB isn't OP, and not exactly hard to achieve in Zao, Hindenburg or Henri.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

I used to say that we might regret any matchmaking changes that effected this. 

 

I always tried to tell people, that T6 and 7 uptier much worse than T8 ships. Most people dont understand the issues however. They make claims which simply arent true, so argueing against that is futile.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
3 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I might try that with mine. I find it so hard to use those torps. Who gives such good torps to a back line cruiser?

Except 20km torps are meme. And even bigger meme when you land them on something... somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×