You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
seXikanac

Ships like T-61?

46 comments in this topic

Players
94 posts
1,412 battles

Somebody, can't remember who suggested T-61 as DD I should purchase when I asked for advice. And its great :D So I'm looking for CL/CA, BB and CV in same OP class like T-61 is OP DD. Any suggestions?

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
26,188 posts
14,119 battles

She is strong, not "OP".

And a strong performing ship is not necessarily strong performing for you.

Here a list of the strongest performing premiums you can get:

image.png.6a2b49970294536505da335c9d72ca9d.png

• Cool 4

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She is strong, not "OP".

And a strong performing ship is not necessarily strong performing for you.

Here a list of the strongest performing premiums you can get:

image.png.6a2b49970294536505da335c9d72ca9d.png

And significant part of "ship OPness" is guy behind the wheel:Smile_smile:

• Cool 8

Players
1,484 posts
3,113 battles

I'lll suggest these (pick what you want)

- Scharnhorst

- Georgia (can almost keep up with DDs, but i advise to get her for coal instead of buying her from the shop)

- Atlanta

- Kaga

- Atago

- Ashitaka or Kii

- Dunkerque 

- (I suggest you to take Roma or an Italian ship (there are only 3) as i think that they might be useful in the upcoming event)

Players
2,773 posts
17,292 battles
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

And significant part of "ship OPness" is guy behind the wheel

T-61 has a 25% reduced torpedo reload compared to all other DDs in the game. No need look at stats, it's straight up p2w. :Smile_honoring:

Don't think there's another blatant p2w ship in the game right now. The others have improved soft stats or consumables. Massachusetts comes close.

[CATS]
Players
26,188 posts
14,119 battles
18 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

But isn't Atlanta crap?

No.

But as I said:

28 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

...And a strong performing ship is not necessarily strong performing for you.

Some of these ships are strong, but hard to play, like Atlanta.

• Cool 1

Players
4,445 posts
7,604 battles
23 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She is strong, not "OP".

Strong as in Kamikaze sisters strong, i.e. objectively better than the silver ship in every significant way?

Compared to Ernst Gaede, T61 has 20,000 more DPM, the same 2 x 4 torpedoes but a 22 second faster reload, 600 m better concealment, better rudder, 90m tighter turning circle and in return she loses 1 knt speed and 1,800 HP (plus the questionable option of the 150mm gun).

There's no use posting raw stats without trying to account for differences in the players, she's a T6 available for cash and isn't far behind a reward ship for reaching rank one 5 times.

• Cool 2

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
42 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

T-61 has a 25% reduced torpedo reload compared to all other DDs in the game. No need look at stats, it's straight up p2w. :Smile_honoring:

Don't think there's another blatant p2w ship in the game right now. The others have improved soft stats or consumables. Massachusetts comes close.

With that logic Cossack and Le Trollible also are p2w.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

There is no ship like T61. This ship is unique because it was built in Rotterdam. Yes some of the Friesland class was built there as well. But also in some third ranked village which happens to be in the Nl as well. So that counters all it's importance right away. Though that Friesland class destroyer which was built in Rotterdam got a proper name. Though totally significant as that might sound, that plebs boat Ikea glued together in that wannabe village still doesn't make it up... (sauce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friesland-class_destroyer)

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
16 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

So they are OP as well?

Cossack have more gun dpm than Lightning, provided you can bring 4th turret to bear. Torps have longer range and have hilarious 66s reload, but you have only 4 of them total. Top speed is higher due to Engine Boost present. AA goes from "no" to "VERY no". Coss also have significantly worse ballistics than Lightning

Le Terrible have faster gun reload and faster torpedo reload, torps also have shorter reaction time despite being slower. 0.3kts faster, not that it matters much for ship going 54kts anyway. 200m worse concealment and again, "VERY no" AA. 700m worse gun range, which can backfire when team refuses to close in and you can't cap due to concealment disadvantage, relegating you to play as handicapped cruiser.

In hands of competent player with properly leveled up captain, these differences may tip the scale. In hands of potato, not so much.

Players
94 posts
1,412 battles
47 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Cossack have more gun dpm than Lightning, provided you can bring 4th turret to bear. Torps have longer range and have hilarious 66s reload, but you have only 4 of them total. Top speed is higher due to Engine Boost present. AA goes from "no" to "VERY no". Coss also have significantly worse ballistics than Lightning

Le Terrible have faster gun reload and faster torpedo reload, torps also have shorter reaction time despite being slower. 0.3kts faster, not that it matters much for ship going 54kts anyway. 200m worse concealment and again, "VERY no" AA. 700m worse gun range, which can backfire when team refuses to close in and you can't cap due to concealment disadvantage, relegating you to play as handicapped cruiser.

In hands of competent player with properly leveled up captain, these differences may tip the scale. In hands of potato, not so much.

So what ship do you suggest if I like T-61?

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
2 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Cossack is excellent cap contester, but lacks versatility T-61 might have with only 4 fishes. Also 6 smokes (7 with SI) makes Brit DD "least unsuitable" during Year of the Carrier.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles

The T-61 is the most versitile DD in the T5-T7 bracket if you ask me, what she lack in specilisation she makes up in adaptivness to the battle, and that she dose in spades :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Players
3,220 posts
9 hours ago, seXikanac said:

Somebody, can't remember who suggested T-61 as DD I should purchase when I asked for advice. And its great :D So I'm looking for CL/CA, BB and CV in same OP class like T-61 is OP DD. Any suggestions?

What tiers are you after exactly?

Don't do as I do and hoover up every other premium ship just as I almost have in WoT's (This is solid advice btw)

I have man a ship  which many a player might consider OP, trying to be good in them cause me a lot of tears frustration, laughter, all the same to me, used to it now:Smile_veryhappy:

Players
3,220 posts
3 hours ago, seXikanac said:

If you want T 61, then go buy her, alternatively go for any American DD, but only spend money if you really like the game, at the end of the day it is your money, so spend wisely if you feel you have to.

• Cool 3

Players
2,174 posts
8 hours ago, Panocek said:

Cossack is excellent cap contester, but lacks versatility T-61 might have with only 4 fishes. Also 6 smokes (7 with SI) makes Brit DD "least unsuitable" during Year of the Carrier.

Cossack torpedoes though, if you can get all four to hit, do some remarkable damage... in one of my ranked sprint games last night I took a Vladivostok down to 4k hp from full with 4 torpedoes.. she quietly flooded to death..especially with me taking Victor Lima and Juliet Whiskey together... 20% extra to flooding chance makes up for the torpedo number shortfall.

Her guns are also pretty decent if you're accurate and I was able to set many fires... Her smoke though is short compared to other DD's so you cannot sit and spam fire for long..

She was my DD of choice throughout my run to rank 1.

But, as I said somewhere else, if you're inexperienced she is NOT the DD you should choose..

In my opinion a good BB for Tier 7 would be Scharnhorst.

For the Cruiser why not try the Abruzzi.. my clan mate swears by her.

• Cool 1

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
26 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Cossack torpedoes though, if you can get all four to hit, do some remarkable damage... in one of my ranked sprint games last night I took a Vladivostok down to 4k hp from full with 4 torpedoes.. she quietly flooded to death..especially with me taking Victor Lima and Juliet Whiskey together... 20% extra to flooding chance makes up for the torpedo number shortfall.

Her guns are also pretty decent if you're accurate and I was able to set many fires... Her smoke though is short compared to other DD's so you cannot sit and spam fire for long..

She was my DD of choice throughout my run to rank 1.

But, as I said somewhere else, if you're inexperienced she is NOT the DD you should choose..

In my opinion a good BB for Tier 7 would be Scharnhorst.

For the Cruiser why not try the Abruzzi.. my clan mate swears by her.

I'm somewhat convinced 4 torpedo hits on single target will cause significant emotional event regardless of DD. Okay, not so much when you put four fishes into Yamato torpedo belt and you're playing German DD:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Players
2,174 posts
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I'm somewhat convinced 4 torpedo hits on single target will cause significant emotional event regardless of DD. Okay, not so much when you put four fishes into Yamato torpedo belt and you're playing German DD:Smile_smile:

Oh you're not kidding.. I have had a Yamato each 11 torpedoes from my Shimakaze and come out going "Yeah, and?"

Kremlin is another super, eat a million torpedoes and keep smiling, beast... (Slight use of poetic licence but you get my meaning.)

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
15 hours ago, seXikanac said:

I would suggest Belfast and Giulio Cesare, but both have been pulled from the shop. :Smile_unsure:

Also, you might like Mikhail Kutuzov... Oh... Wait... 

Okay, on a more serious note: the French prem cruisers like the T6 De Grasse and T8 Bayard are fun and effective, I recently got Irian (Pan-Asian T8 CL) out of a container, and she also is rather nice (after a single game, granted, but still). Blyskawica at T7 (PE DD) and Aigle at T6 (FR DD) are also good ships, Atago (IJN CA) at T8 is an excellent all-rounder, battleship wise I can recommend Dunkerque (T6 FR) albeit she is unforgiving and somewhat temperamental, Warspite (T6 UK), Hood (T7 UK), Scharnhorst (T7 DE), Vanguard (T8 UK), Roma (T8 IT), Lenin (T8 RU), Tirpitz (T8 DE), Alabama & Massachusetts (T8 US, look very similar, play very different). 

As you might see, there is a wide array of choices, it's all a question of preference and playstyle. The ships listed above are all good, but they might not all suit you or your playstyle, so I recommend you go read up on them individually and choose for yourself. 

Players
3,220 posts

One way to make good choices,(I have never been known t do this) is watch YouTube vids on any give ship you fancy, but that also comes with a caveat, those CC's are good players an will make a plank of wood seem OP.

I watched one CC make a vid about said T 61, great, looked so easy......... I come along, have said DD, and my games are never, ever like his or any other CC's game, now I love DD's, make them work I cannot.

Sometimes the cold hard truth is certain classes of ship are not for you, and when subs eventually surface in the game I feel they will be even harder to play.

Players
463 posts
10,447 battles
16 hours ago, seXikanac said:

You have already gotten some nice tips.

As people have been saying: Gremy, Kaze-sisters, Belfast, Gioulio etc were really strong ships that were pulled from sales for different ("balance") reasons.

I think Enterprice just joined them.

Ships that are still being sold that I see as strong are Asashio, Cossak, Kidd and Le Terrible. (I only play DDs so I will not comment on others)

I think they might be a bit overbuffed for various reasons. One being t8 MM. People (and CCs) have been whining about t8 ships being sucked into t10 matched to much for a long time. WG forced the playerbase to move to t10 (rewards etc) now this is where most games are played compared to any one tier. Resulting in t8:s getting more t10 (being low tier) games then not. This is no longer the case, and since then you can really feel the powerlevel vs t6 and 7 ships. T8:s were overtuned to be useful against t10s, now they are a bit to strong vs t6 and 7:s.

Another reason is that they were new concepts. As such they were not played to their full potential when they were being balanced.

Other reasons were ship specific.

Asashio was/is being played wrongly (badly). Its to strong now by being the counter to BBs that happen to be the most prevalent/popular class. When BB-numbers go down its power-level also recedes. It is also widely considered to be food for other DDs. It can be, but you can often use it to your advantage by lureing them towards your team-mates. When kiting it is slender and low in the water. Its also protected by the two turrets in the back so it can be suprisingly durable to dd-fire.

Cossak was doing really badly in testing, Flamu named it Ballsack for a reason. Only 4 torps were being frowned upon badly. As were the bad fireing angles. The results were insane consealment (was nerfed from 5.1 to 5.5km), insane firepower (8 guns on a t8 DD) and just after release they buffed the torpedo reload to about a minute. Thus giving it almost the same torpedo DPM as DDs with 2 launchers. (Someone will probably fill in the numbers).

It is a master of ambushing DDs and withering down larger targets with a constant stream of torps and great firestarting guns. Survivability is great with consealment, lots of smokes, great agility and speedboost (that the silver line doesnt have).The silver counterpart (Lightning) is however really strong to.

Kidd was also getting bad reviews as one torp launcher with 9.2km slow torps was found lacking. The mega AA it had/has was seldom being used. The fact that it is a Fletcher (t9) with great gunpower was overlooked and they gave it heal... Now it has stayingpower for years and is really nice for hunting DDs.

Le Terrible was probably horrible at first, the memes were plentiful. It was however buffed and buffed and buffed. Now its stronger then its silver counterpart with a second better reload on the guns and torps that are just as good.

The breakingpoint being the improved ballistics on the guns. Had they given it that earlier in testning, then all the other buffs would have been surplus.