Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xxMacTavishxx

Soviet Battleships are Broken!

13 comments in this topic

Question

Players
12 posts
12,328 battles

The question is the following. What is not being told to us by WG. I find extremely annoying the accuracy  and the consistency  of Soviet battleships. In multiple situations I've encountered those ships, especially at high tier battles. I've played against them in ships of all classes. I've been wrecked in multiple occasions (most of the times sailing a DD or a cruiser). I've tried to minimize  the damage trying to kite away using wasd or five them the stern of the ship only and nothing more to shoot. Most of the times these result in a huge chunk of HP being taken away or a devastating strike because cruisers have a citadel. So , i decided to play test Kremlin of course the tier 10. 1st battle. I managed to push islands of Hot spot map with teams help of course. Along the way i managed to have to devastating strikes, one at a broadside Moskva  and another one at a Minotaur which was sailing away. I farmed some battleships too along the way. The result was for me to be 1st on the EXP chart, having almost 175.000 damage and 1.8 millions of potential damage. I couldn't believe how easy this was. I have over 1000 battles with my Yamato running both aiming system mod 1 and legendary mod. I remind you that Yamato has 2.1 sigma. I NEVER had these kind of salvos. So I am asking, what is not being told to us about these ships. They are too powerful. The only downsides they have are citadels, low firing range and a huge turning radius. So what's up with those ships. Do you agree? Have you experienced such situations?

12 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,476 posts
13,451 battles

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/d9i1dv/st_balance_changes/

Soviet battleship Kremlin, tier X:

• Reduced max damage of AP shells from 15500 to 14500 and changed other related parameters (Krupp parameter and the mass of the projectile).

• To match AP shells, we also reduced the maximum damage of HE shells from 6600 to 6500, the chance of fire from 48% to 45% and other related parameters (weight of shells, splash damage).

The efficiency of Kremlin was higher than other battleships of tier X. To balance the ship and at the same time have a minimal impact on the defining features of the battleship, we have changed the characteristics of her shells. Along with the above changes, we slightly changed the armor penetration and ballistics.

Players
12 posts
12,328 battles

I saw the "balancing" on Soviet Battleships, it is laughable. Seriously how can they let them do things like this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/366985895968243715/632164466947129344/c70f8fb2bf8724c9.mp4

[CATS]
Players
26,188 posts
14,119 battles
3 minutes ago, xxMacTavishxx said:

I saw the "balancing" on Soviet Battleships, it is laughable. Seriously how can they let them do things like this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/366985895968243715/632164466947129344/c70f8fb2bf8724c9.mp4

Because "they" are "them"...

Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,503 battles

Last I checked soviet battleships were doing fine, play them well and you will be rewarded. Play them badly and you will have a very hard time, they're a line that pushes you to pay attention to situational awareness. As a result, the more skilled players are more likely to do better in them.

Players
12 posts
12,328 battles
21 hours ago, Igarigen said:

is there something special to see?

Yes, notice the grouping of those shells. This is 1.7 sigma... It happens all the time. It doesn't matter the range or the ship you are sailing. This ship it's just doesn't give a uck. Such consistency and rng all the time. I'll upload a shot at GKs bow.

Players
12 posts
12,328 battles
8 hours ago, CptMinia said:

Last I checked soviet battleships were doing fine, play them well and you will be rewarded. Play them badly and you will have a very hard time, they're a line that pushes you to pay attention to situational awareness. As a result, the more skilled players are more likely to do better in them.

You missed the point of this thread. This is about Kremlin's broken guns-and high tier soviet bb's guns. They always manage to hit and do massive damage. Yamato with 461mm  guns -has less penetration for some reason and less alpha- equipped with BOTH legendary module and aiming system mod -which brings down shell dispersion by some margin-  and 2.1 sigma cannot do these things. So much damage so accurately and consistent. Even Repablique cannot compete which has very nice gun characteristics too. And for proof i upload pictures which show exactly this. More proof is the use of this ship in competitive play (KOTS etc).

Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,503 battles
3 minutes ago, xxMacTavishxx said:

You missed the point of this thread. This is about Kremlin's broken guns-and high tier soviet bb's guns. They always manage to hit and do massive damage. Yamato with 461mm  guns -has less penetration for some reason and less alpha- equipped with BOTH legendary module and aiming system mod -which brings down shell dispersion by some margin-  and 2.1 sigma cannot do these things. So much damage so accurately and consistent. Even Repablique cannot compete which has very nice gun characteristics too. And for proof i upload pictures which show exactly this. More proof is the use of this ship in competitive play (KOTS etc).

Having played the Kremlin both in the release stage and in testing I disagree. It was strong before but has since been nerfed and quite frankly is in a better spot. Its superior fire-power compensates its size, lack of manouverability and armour that is weak to poor angles.

[PONY]
Beta Tester
6,025 posts
10,340 battles
1 hour ago, xxMacTavishxx said:

Yes, notice the grouping of those shells. This is 1.7 sigma... It happens all the time. It doesn't matter the range or the ship you are sailing. This ship it's just doesn't give a uck. Such consistency and rng all the time. I'll upload a shot at GKs bow.

Look at the range, thats nochting special on that range.

Players
8,097 posts
8,919 battles
1 hour ago, xxMacTavishxx said:

It's a Kremlin. It has 1.9 sigma.

Sign in to follow this