Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AdrianTheImmortal

Best coin maker - oct 2019?

43 comments in this topic

Players
37 posts
4,679 battles

I'm heavily grinding higher tier ships and, even with premium, I find myself constantly short of coins. So far the best coin makers seem my T7 Nagato or T8 Amagi, when 'things go proper', or the premium T6 T-61 DD, which is also super fun to play with. But then again, that's about 300k at most without flags, whereas i'm seeing waaay higher amounts on youtube. What would be the best coin makers around right now? Will the grind to Bismark + its perma-camo from the directives suffice?

Thank you.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

honestly, the "best coin maker" is, has always been and will always be just getting better at the game. If you can't sustain yourself in a T8 silver ship with premium time, then maybe you should take that as a hint to drop down a few tiers until you've picked up the necessary skills for proper high tier gameplay.

Which is no shame whatsoever at just 750 battles, and you do a half decent job in your mid tier battleships already - but I'd suggest you branch out a bit, grind a few other lines up to T7-8 (ideally non-BBs so you get more of an idea of what it's like for the other classes - that'll also really help you countering them!) and only then revisit T8. You dont really want to be facing T10s already.... better to be ready for them a bit later :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 11

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,701 battles

To make money take premium ships into Operations.

Narai which has just been op of the week, in Scharnhorst or any other T7 premium BB with the right flags mounted, can be very rewarding

• Cool 5

0 posts
4 minutes ago, AdrianTheImmortal said:

Will the grind to Bismark + its perma-camo from the directives suffice?

T8 perma cammo is only a minor buff to service costs which at T8 are not that crippling anyway.

The best credit maker purely objectively is probably Jean Bart (for coal) but I don't advise getting it yet. From ships you have, probably T-61

However, I would suggest if you are running out of credits from 'heavily' grinding higher tiers after only 750 games you might want to slow the grind a bit. You will find that credit income does correlate to performance in your ship/s - and rather than feeling under pressure to 'get the next ship' and 'get to tier 10 (or whatever tier it is you are aiming for)' you will have a more enjoyable time just taking your time to learn each ship and get consistent in it before continuing - and you will find the credits will come...

Credits come in proportion to damage dealt. And (big debate) possibly factor in a win/loss bonus. So playing your ships 'well' will get you more 'damage' (but don't chase damage for the sake of damage - always play to win) and more 'damage' will get you more credits. Playing well will also get you more wins, and therefore get you more XP and credits. And all these things will give you more enjoyment than playing under (self-imposed) pressure to 'rush up the tiers'.

Just words of advice from someone who learnt the hard way! And I'm still learning btw :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
37 posts
4,679 battles

I'm sure that 'getting better at the game' will help me, but the game is not THAT fun at tiers 3-6 (...have you played those recently? 3 CVs per team per game like 30% of the time, nasty), and I want to progress, play in a clan, grind the coal, do missions, have fun.

Indeed, the T-61 is the funniest ship i have. It's a nice change from the days of going through Kongo and Fuso....man, I hate those ships, especially the Kongo.

I sort of maybe regret not getting Massa back when I used my coupon, as I see it tearing down at Sprints and I imagine it cashes in a buckload of money, but yes, i'm grinding the German and Russian lines. It's a slooow process, but I still need moar coinz :)

• Cool 1

Players
9,850 posts
11,562 battles

Best coin maker? Premium account.

Perma camos are relevant economy wise only on tier 10, below that they are just vanity items.

Just now, AdrianTheImmortal said:

I'm sure that 'getting better at the game' will help me, but the game is not THAT fun at tiers 3-6 (...have you played those recently? 3 CVs per team per game like 30% of the time, nasty), and I want to progress, play in a clan, grind the coal, do missions, have fun.

I'll be blunt: if WG doesn't want you to have fun as newcomer, why playing the game

• Cool 1

Players
37 posts
4,679 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

[...]

I'll be blunt: if WG doesn't want you to have fun as newcomer, why playing the game

Maybe it's like sex - it gets better (and funnier) as you get better.

Like jobs, it gets better (...and paid) as you get better. And so on :cap_haloween:

But in all seriousness, i can't answer that question, and I doubt it was addressed at me. MY experience and my preferences are telling me that the T7/T8 BBs are way more fun than tiers 3-6, whereas for Cruisers and DDs...i still enjoy lower tiers. Unless 3 Hoshos.

0 posts
5 minutes ago, AdrianTheImmortal said:

Indeed, the T-61 is the funniest ship i have. It's a nice change from the days of going through Kongo and Fuso....man, I hate those ships, especially the Kongo.

I sort of maybe regret not getting Massa back when I used my coupon, as I see it tearing down at Sprints and I imagine it cashes in a buckload of money, but yes, i'm grinding the German and Russian lines. It's a slooow process, but I still need moar coinz :)

TBH, I haven't played a lot of random mid-tier recently. In between grinding directives in Co-op, credits and FXP in ops and grinding Halsey campaign in T8+ I haven't really been there much!

All I will say is; don't expect that getting to 'higher tiers' will make your frustrations go away. CV's might... but you get a whole host of other problems. And the CVs that you do get in matches are no more 'fun and engaging' to play against than the low-tier ones.

I know this is not what you want to hear, because I didn't when I was in your position, but seriously... just slow down. Take your time, learn the 'meta' playing ships you really enjoy, and then translate that into ships/classes you find harder... you will be pleasently surprised when you feel and see yourself improve.

Whatever you choose to do tho, GL & HF

• Cool 2

Players
9,850 posts
11,562 battles
9 minutes ago, AdrianTheImmortal said:

Maybe it's like sex - it gets better (and funnier) as you get better.

Like jobs, it gets better (...and paid) as you get better. And so on :cap_haloween:

But in all seriousness, i can't answer that question, and I doubt it was addressed at me. MY experience and my preferences are telling me that the T7/T8 BBs are way more fun than tiers 3-6, whereas for Cruisers and DDs...i still enjoy lower tiers. Unless 3 Hoshos.

Battleships with tiers up get more consistent in terms of accuracy, which can send you back to port even faster, when facing competent BB player with bit of RNGesus blessing.

Difference is, you play the game for fun, while you (usually) work for money. And you "getting better" at the game won't make lowtiers more fun with current state of broken carriers there. And if anything balance rollercoaster whole CV REEEwork has shown, players aren't interested in playing carriers unless they are straight up broken in CV favor. And WG won't admit REEEwork is failure, especially when accountant team was very happy from extra money coming from sales of previously frozen assets:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

0 posts
11 minutes ago, AdrianTheImmortal said:

MY experience and my preferences are telling me that the T7/T8 BBs are way more fun than tiers 3-6, whereas for Cruisers and DDs...i still enjoy lower tiers.

Bismark is a god top tier. And the tastiest fishfood when bottom tier in a T10 game. Playing T6 ships you only see Bismark as a god - that is all you experience can tell you. So don't rely on your experience alone :cap_like:

Man, it sounds like I'm getting at you here - I'm not, just sharing my experience and trying to temper your admirable and understandable enthusaiasm with a bit of realism :)

• Cool 1

Players
37 posts
4,679 battles
Just now, Rusty_9 said:

Man, it sounds like I'm getting at you here[...]

It doesn't, and I really enjoy the exchange and to learn from experienced players ways of getting accomplished :) I'm just 'defending' where my 'rush' comes from.

• Cool 3

Players
9,850 posts
11,562 battles
8 minutes ago, AdrianTheImmortal said:

It doesn't, and I really enjoy the exchange and to learn from experienced players ways of getting accomplished :) I'm just 'defending' where my 'rush' comes from.

Wargaming also wants you to rush the game:cap_book:

gDgS4Yi.png

and to capitalize on you buying premium ships and account

Whole issue with Bismack (and entire German BB line) is "short range brawlers with inaccurate guns" don't really work with current long range standoff meta. Further compounded by recent ship additions like Smolensk, making sure everyone with ideas of "taking initiative" are very crispy and very salty, farmed by someone they can't touch directly.

Also if you think Hoshos with their torpedo bombers aren't fun, you've yet to see Shokaku or Hakuryu removing 3rd of your german BB with every AP bombing run:cap_tea:

• Cool 2

Players
6,343 posts
10,566 battles
43 minutes ago, AdrianTheImmortal said:

I'm heavily grinding higher tier ships and, even with premium, I find myself constantly short of coins. So far the best coin makers seem my T7 Nagato or T8 Amagi, when 'things go proper', or the premium T6 T-61 DD, which is also super fun to play with. But then again, that's about 300k at most without flags, whereas i'm seeing waaay higher amounts on youtube. What would be the best coin makers around right now? Will the grind to Bismark + its perma-camo from the directives suffice? 

Just to make sure: you do look at the last page of the results, aka "credits and XP"? because the first page only tells you the sum without any deductions. It gives the false impression, that higher tier ships earn more credits. I dont often take screens from that page, but here is what a decent game in a T6 silver cruiser can net you: And if you think about it, 200k profit is not bad. 5 Games and you got a million.

shot-19_10.03_13_52.54-0942.thumb.jpg.cc4fcff702854d63f18af60d8e035279.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
37 posts
4,679 battles
11 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Wargaming also wants you to rush the game:cap_book:

gDgS4Yi.png

and to capitalize on you buying premium ships and account

Whole issue with Bismack (and entire German BB line) is "short range brawlers with inaccurate guns" don't really work with current long range standoff meta. Further compounded by recent ship additions like Smolensk, making sure everyone with ideas of "taking initiative" are very crispy and very salty, farmed by someone they can't touch directly.

Also if you think Hoshos with their torpedo bombers aren't fun, you've yet to see Shokaku or Hakuryu removing 3rd of your german BB with every AP bombing run:cap_tea:

Well I actually kind of suffer for not having any T10's, don't I? Unless someone believes getting SC's would've upset the "n00b with 750 games" that i am... :cap_book:

And yes, I'm looking at the proper page. I might be new in this game, but I can assure everyone...I've got quite the gaming years behind me lol

• Cool 2

[HANDS]
Players
246 posts
20,924 battles

Best credit makers are  from my experience tier IX freemium BBs (BBs because u have higher chance to live long enough to make decent dmg). Also i get nice credits with Salem( tier X cruiser) in Coop ( i use it  when i need to finish missions faster). To my surprise i get profit 90-100k  per 5 minute game with nothing mounted on and no premium account. This translate in 300-400k  for the time of a normal random game.

• Cool 2

Players
9,850 posts
11,562 battles
4 minutes ago, AdrianTheImmortal said:

Well I actually kind of suffer for not having any T10's, don't I? Unless someone believes getting SC's would've upset the "n00b with 750 games" that i am... :cap_book:

Given how rubbish SC rewards are... I can't imagine anyone being salty about newcomer getting SC from tier 10 unless you win once in lifetime lottery and get tier 9 premium or otherwise "removed because overpowered" ship.

And "suffering" from not having tier 10... Well, you can expect notorious uptiering when playing anything less than tier 10, though number of tier 9 ships are more than fine in T10 matches.

And then there is borderline sealclubbing of tier 10s in your tier 8, but that requires you knowing what you're doing. And idiot in T10, but there is no shortage of those:cap_book:

• Cool 1

Players
6,343 posts
10,566 battles
9 minutes ago, N00Boo7 said:

Also i get nice credits with Salem( tier X cruiser) in Coop ( i use it  when i need to finish missions faster). To my surprise i get profit 90-100k  per 5 minute game with nothing mounted on and no premium account.

No, you dont. Thats exactly what I was talking about. Played a coop Salem right now just to get the data. Even if you go with zero premium consumables in, you hardly make 30k profit. And that was a really good game for coop.

shot-19_10.04_14_07.12-0824.thumb.jpg.723e5ba9286ed6627420215979ab8c5a.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
278 posts

What others are saying here is true.

But the best credit earner in the game is the prem ship Missouri. That is a money printer, even if you don't play that well, you will make credits fast. 

That said, Missouri is not available in the prem shop, except in the christmas containers if you are lucky. Other high tier premiums like Massa or Tirpitz are not that bad either, but they don't compare to the Missouri.

• Cool 1

[HANDS]
Players
246 posts
20,924 battles

Well, yes i do.. i usually rack up 90-100k+ dmg and 2-3 kills, and dont use any premium consumable or flags. 

Players
6,343 posts
10,566 battles
1 minute ago, N00Boo7 said:

Well, yes i do.. i usually rack up 90-100k+ dmg and 2-3 kills, and dont use any premium consumable or flags. 

And here is the reality, from your stats:

image.thumb.png.62e8d639f9c7b5a270804b5b33233cca.png

Now we have a look at the game, I just played: Id say I nailed it. And we also see, where your "100k credits" claim comes from - the wrong info on the first page.

shot-19_10.04_14_07.06-0635.thumb.jpg.fc0ac1615c86193ab92b3aa42b55aa58.jpg

[HANDS]
Players
246 posts
20,924 battles

Well, i am not home now to search for prints, still remember, Salem has build in half service cost  and also -50% reduce service from  camo. So with out spending nothing on premium consumables, shoudnt be much difference. Anyway lets not pollute OP topic, lets agree to disagre:). Anyway i woudnt advice him to take a tier X Salem so soon, when are BBs tier IX with better  credit income.

Players
9,850 posts
11,562 battles
29 minutes ago, Otowi said:

What others are saying here is true.

But the best credit earner in the game is the prem ship Missouri. That is a money printer, even if you don't play that well, you will make credits fast. 

That said, Missouri is not available in the prem shop, except in the christmas containers if you are lucky. Other high tier premiums like Massa or Tirpitz are not that bad either, but they don't compare to the Missouri.

To elaborate: Missouri indeed have THE best credit earning coefficients, the very reason she was pulled from the... well, not store as she was first "Freemium" ship, obtainable by currency you can obtain for free, Free Exp in her case. Next in line are other tier 9 premium (as most of them can be bought directly from the store) ships, having about 20% more credit potential than tier 8 ships but less than Missouri. Not mentioning they can't be +2 uptiered as there are no tier 11... yet.

Next in terms of credit gains would be tier 10 Freemiums for coal and steel currencies - they do NOT have increased credit gains, but they have halved maintenance costs AND they come with tier 10 premium paint, which further halves maintenance and gives 20% extra credits. If you can live with making 45k credits less, then premium paint for regular tier 10 is valid pick.

From economy (and gameplay impact) standpoint, damage numbers are next to irrelevant. What matters is %hp damage done. So 4k damage to destroyer is going to net you much more than 4k damage to battleships. Or other example - spanking two DDs and touching up cruiser for total of 50k damage during 3min brawl on cap will give you more exp and credits than spending entire game farming single isolated BB for 120k damage and still failing to kill it, while probably also losing game in the process.

• Cool 1

Players
1,488 posts
3,113 battles

@AdrianTheImmortal

My suggestion is to not be in a hurry for the grind, play it slow and you'll see that you're going to have a lot more fun. You might still get frustrated at times but it won't be that much.

I'm currently grinding the Amagi, I'm about 35.000 XP away, but I'm not in a hurry, because I know that I'll get there at some point.

I also suggest you to keep some of the mid tier ships that you enjoyed to most, just in case.

I'd also like to suggest you to watch a lot of CCs' videos to become a better player, not that you're bad, but we can always improve.

• Cool 1

[HANDS]
Players
246 posts
20,924 battles
44 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

No, you dont. Thats exactly what I was talking about. Played a coop Salem right now just to get the data. Even if you go with zero premium consumables in, you hardly make 30k profit. And that was a really good game for coop.

shot-19_10.04_14_07.12-0824.thumb.jpg.723e5ba9286ed6627420215979ab8c5a.jpg

Now i noticed, u used premium consumables. I dont use them in coop :) if u read carefully i write with out any consumable mounted on. In your print it show u payed 67.500 credits for premium consumables. So if u didnt  had them, u would have a profit nonpremium account of 39k. for a 77k dmg. Try again 2-3 games, but dont mount anything. And see if u get bigger dmg numbers, then check the income. I am not sure if is correct but i think u get reworded by dmg done compared to your own  total HP.( ofc i maybe wrong on this). So between a 70k and 100k dmg should be some difference.

[SHAD]
Players
2,477 posts
11,100 battles

Nelson is very good for a tier 7 

I’ve had nearly 2 million in it.

I haven’t got any confirmation on this but I seemed to earnalot more in ranked. 

Of course Missouri is best but you’ll need to buy a lot of Christmas containers!

Sign in to follow this