You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Buccaneer1

Yūdachi : Buy or No Buy: Help Please

30 comments in this topic

Players
1,611 posts

I would like to buy a friend a warship for there birthday, I thought they may like Yudachi.

I know nothing about the ship, The friend likes destroyers, has played over 1000 games in destroyers in Tiers 3 to 8

What is Yudachi like?

Help Please 

Players
6,755 posts
245 battles

Unfortuantly she seems pretty bad at anything she does, her torps seem nice when you find out they are slow and also can be detected from a way.

shame was gonna spam the poi song, but shes that bad its not worth.

get the kidd or something useable.

Ironically enough if she was sold 3 years ago she would be perfect.

• Cool 2

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles
27 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

I would like to buy a friend a warship for there birthday, I thought they may like Yudachi.

I know nothing about the ship, The friend likes destroyers, has played over 1000 games in destroyers in Tiers 3 to 8

What is Yudachi like?

Help Please 

For premium DDs, Cossack or Le Trollible might serve better. Or Leningrad. Or Sims even.

No luck if you're in search for "torpedo oriented" DD though

• Cool 2

Players
1,611 posts

Thank you Capt B watching them now.

I was thinking of being cruel to Her and get her a Friesland, I know She has a Torp Fetish :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 2

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles
3 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

Thank you Capt B watching them now.

I was thinking of being cruel to Her and get her a Friesland, I know She has a Torp Fetish :Smile_veryhappy:

Le Trollible have arguably the most potent torps of all premium DDs except Asashio, she can be also hilarious to play with her speed and gunpower. Concealment 404 not found tho and Year of the Carrier can prove to be major pain in the arse.

Or just doubloon pack, so she can spend it her way, even if it means painting all the ships with permacamos. Or buy discounted ship from Armory *taps head*

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,822 posts
15,687 battles

Yudachi is fun. Her 15k torps are a bit of a novelty and not as much fun as they sound - what she does have, though, is a torpedo reload booster and smoke screen, so she's more versatile than either the Tech Tree IJN ships. The TRB means you can obliterate capital ships of any Tier if you can get close to them, smoke gives you versatility and a way of getting CVs to go away - and she needs that, as her AA is non-existant.  She's slow for a Tier VII DD,  and her guns - while they hit hard - have a 7s reload and won't win you many knife fights. 

I do like her very much, but she's niche, although I don't mind that as I already have almost all the Premium DDs up to Tier VIII. You may find better things out there.  T-61 is a very strong all rounder, Haida is a brilliant gunboat, Leningrad very speedy and fun, Kidd great for annoying CVs; these are all strong choices.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

Cossack is a nice all rounder, Harekaze is a nice ship as well since you have ijn 100mm and decent torps + good concealment ( + for her fetish you can mount trb ).

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles
Just now, mtm78 said:

Harekaze

Unavailable for a long time and she's not coming back

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Unavailable for a long time and she's not coming back

Why isn't she coming back? I didn't think she was overpowered at all ( though anyone not using 100mm hull is playing her wrong :Smile_trollface: ).

Then Aigle is fun, but is a bit harder to get decent results with. You got the tier VI USN Monaghan or something like that, it can roleplay torpedo DD ( though I been using it as normal USN DD... works fine that way ). Sims is mostly fun in domination where you can force enemy DD's into cqc easier,  Lenningrad is just a typical VMF DD but with usable torps on tier VII. 

• Cool 1

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles
1 minute ago, mtm78 said:

Why isn't she coming back? I didn't think she was overpowered at all ( though anyone not using 100mm hull is playing her wrong :Smile_trollface: ).

She's collab boat. Speaking of one, AL Yukikaze fits the "premium torpedobote" bill, having F3 torps at tier 8 but again, 404 not found:Smile_smile:

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

She's collab boat. Speaking of one, AL Yukikaze fits the "premium torpedobote" bill, having F3 torps at tier 8 but again, 404 not found:Smile_smile:

Ahh ye, well WG can always renew collab at some point, if they think they will earn enough from sales to make it worth while.

Yuki -> haven't seen much from her review wise, wasn't paying attention.

Just thinking maybe Shinonome is a decent torp bote for low tiers? I don't like mine, as with all IJN DD's you mostly punish mistakes and if enemy doesn't make them you're suffering to compete with other destroyers. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,823 posts
11,522 battles

Imho Cossack (guns, hydro) and Kidd (AA, heal) are the best DDs right now. 

• Cool 1

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles
Just now, mtm78 said:

Ahh ye, well WG can always renew collab at some point, if they think they will earn enough from sales to make it worth while.

Yuki -> haven't seen much from her review wise, wasn't paying attention.

Just thinking maybe Shinonome is a decent torp bote for low tiers? I don't like mine, as with all IJN DD's you mostly punish mistakes and if enemy doesn't make them you're suffering to compete with other destroyers. 

Shinonome can be only obtained from Campaign, you can't whale your way through that.

Just now, kfa said:

Imho Cossack (guns, hydro) and Kidd (AA, smoke) are the best DDs right now. 

Best when you play for the objective, not so much if you play for angry torpedobeat noises:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Players
102 posts
9,543 battles

When youre freind like torpedo oriented DD's the best choices are the T 61 and Z 39 german destroysers.

Only with 10 points captains they are a terror on the sea. Use Priority target, Last stand , Torpedo Armament and Concealment. After 10point BFT with Adrenalinrush.

I used both of them all time on the prvisious T6 and T7 ranked sprint tot.

Another reason why i recomend these for you cuz they are the cheapest.

• Cool 1

Players
1,611 posts

Thank you all for the help. :Smile_honoring:

I am not sure what " She has" has she has hid her stats, so subtle enquirers are needed.

I am thinking now get this, as I know she loves cats, ~~ work in progress :-

image.png.32134cccc49efc1ba8acbf744f9a3d29.png

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,938 battles

Cossack is a good gunboat and cap contester. AA is fairly naff, though, and the torpedo armament is... ok. Short reload means it's almost always available when needed, but with only one launcher you have a harder time scoring those devastating strikes.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles

How about the T-61? Arguably the best all-rounder there is among premium destroyers - and her torpedo armament is top-notch, due to the lightning-quick reload. Her having hydro certainly doesn't hurt, either.

(No cat camo, though.:Smile_Default:)

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,958 posts
11,580 battles
1 hour ago, Orcinus1 said:

What is Yudachi like?

Help Please 

I started reading the topic and automatically thought...why do so many people always have to have others make up their mind for them, is no-one able to think for themselves or make their own decisions? But then I read your whole post and have to take it all back because you sound like you could be a good guy. Just admitting my faults, haha.

Players
8,061 posts
8,886 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Also, Yukikaze kinda has more potent torpedos than the Le Terrible, but isn't available currently. It might return in third stage of collab next year though.

Beta Tester
1,036 posts
11,131 battles

Yudachi is good at some things, such as area (cap) denial. With the torpedo booster, you can get off two slavos of torpedoes, 16 in total. Sometimes I have hits ship I've not even seen. Overall though Cossack is more fun. Yudachi torpedoes are so slow, and visible for 2km I think. On occasion you get a good game, but generally you are out gunned and out run. Its also quite slow. It really has nothing to commend it.

I get the impression it was made to turn a quick buck. If WG want to buff it, then give it faster torps, with less visibility of said torps.

Wished I had read the reviews before buying it.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,716 posts
5,270 battles
16 hours ago, Orcinus1 said:

What is Yudachi like?

Worthless quite frankly. Her only job is to try and divorce some of our more..anime loving fanboys from their hard earned money.

Either get a Asashio, or wait for a chance to get the Harekaze or one of the Kami twins again instead.

15 hours ago, Panocek said:

The Yuck!ikaze as I like to call her isn't that great either tbh..

• Cool 1

Players
2,155 posts

As @Panocek suggests go for the Cossack... she is fast, turns in 3 seconds, has powerful torpedoes (4 torpedoess only) and strong guns that with HE cause fires pretty easily.... concealment can go down to 5.5km with concealment expert.

I would be very surprised if your friend did not enjoy the Cossack but it is no good if your friend is not used to playing DD's.

Beware, the Cossack is a fast agile ship and if you're inexperienced you can easily get into trouble quickly with fatal consequences...

656009405_Screenshot(645).thumb.png.c2f76bcd3ac38103fa8e7f79f84a6499.png

Asashio, as @lafeel suggested her, is NOT for the new player...her torpedoes although fast and long range only sink Battleships and Carriers..

You have TRB (Torpedo Reload Booster) but if you have no opponents they are useless.

Asashio AA is pitiful, she can also be caught in a chase if you have no boost in play and her guns lack umph.

1493405566_Screenshot(646).thumb.png.1a77dd43c9db77737381026e641e6372.png

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,716 posts
5,270 battles
2 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Asashio, as @lafeel suggested her

The only reason I even suggested her is because she's the only remotely worth while IJN premium DD for sale right now.

While amusing enough let's be honest the Tachibana is more of a novelty than a captain trainer.

• Cool 1

Players
2,155 posts
Just now, lafeel said:

The only reason I even suggested her is because she's the only remotely worth while IJN DD for sale right now.

While amusing enough let's be honest the Tachibana is more of a novelty than a captain trainer.

I was in no way insulting your suggestion... apologies.

I agree that for coin the IJN line does come up rather short...

• Cool 1