Sign in to follow this  
EzPz51

AA Defense Expert has incorrect in-game description

18 comments in this topic

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles

The requirement is destroy 40 airplanes in one battle but the in-game says 35 in the profile achievements tab.

AA defense expert(2).gif

AA defense expert.gif

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,711 posts
8,735 battles
21 minutes ago, EzPz51 said:

The requirement is destroy 40 airplanes

Where do you get this?

This achievment got changed, so where yo you get the info, that you need to shot down 40 planes?

• Bad 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,575 posts
13,500 battles

The achievement has been changed. the requirement is now 35 planes not 40, confirmed via a ranked game yesterday.

So, it's correct.  

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles
6 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

The achievement has been changed. the requirement is now 35 planes not 40, confirmed via a ranked game yesterday.

So, it's correct.  

Can you tell me where I can see this?

On the wiki it still says 40 planes

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements

Also the description is 35 for months and in that time I destroyed several times between 35 and 39 airplanes in a match and never got the achievement.

Only when i downed 58 airplanes i got it.

But I send a ticket to support about it yesterday, so it's possible they changed it yesterday.

Bit odd though since the answer I got from support was that I should post it here on the forum.

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles
8 hours ago, principat121 said:

Where do you get this?

This achievment got changed, so where yo you get the info, that you need to shot down 40 planes?

I Got this info from WG Support whom I send a ticket yesterday

They referred to the wiki

Also my own in-game experience when I down between 35 and 39 planes you don't get it.

When I downed 58 planes I got it.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,711 posts
8,735 battles
2 hours ago, EzPz51 said:

Also my own in-game experience when I down between 35 and 39 planes you don't get it.

Pictures or replays available?

And do you ever consider that the Wiki is a voluntary project and thus that some site maybe outdate, if Wargaming changes something?

• Bad 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,575 posts
13,500 battles
2 hours ago, EzPz51 said:

Can you tell me where I can see this?

On the wiki it still says 40 planes

Also the description is 35 for months and in that time I destroyed several times between 35 and 39 airplanes in a match and never got the achievement.

Only when i downed 58 airplanes i got it.

But I send a ticket to support about it yesterday, so it's possible they changed it yesterday.

Bit odd though since the answer I got from support was that I should post it here on the forum.

Can't comment on any of that. However, the wiki is most certainly outdated, and not just on this subject. So I wouldn't take this figure as fact, especially since I got it with 35 planes yesterday as I mentioned(The exact number I destroyed was 35). That is fact. 

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles
51 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Can't comment on any of that. However, the wiki is most certainly outdated, and not just on this subject. So I wouldn't take this figure as fact, especially since I got it with 35 planes yesterday as I mentioned(The exact number I destroyed was 35). That is fact.  

Do you have a screenshot of it?

The moment I get a match with 35-39 planes downed, i will post it here with or without the achievement. Would be great if other people could do that too :)

And if the wiki is most certainly outdated why does WG support refer to it when i send them a ticket? 

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

Pictures or replays available?

And do you ever consider that the Wiki is a voluntary project and thus that some site maybe outdate, if Wargaming changes something?

If the wiki is outdated why does WG support refer to it when i send them a ticket?

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles

So what are your thought on this ticket I send to WG support yesterday?

You question the things I say, do you also question the thing they say?

Because they say it's 40 planes and they use the wiki as a source, so I may assume they are not wrong and neither do they use outdated sources.

AA defense ticket.png

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,711 posts
8,735 battles

@EzPz51

Dude, you have to understand, that customer support as well as the wiki people are just people. And people do mistakes or didn't find time to update every page for the wiki. The customer support people do not have to know everything about the game! They just answer questions or send questions forward to other people.

And if you don't like the outdated wiki, you can provide your personal help, as the people behind the wiki are desperately looking for help (and not only the english site, even the german section) to keep the wiki up to date. 

The only fact you have for sure is the ingame describtion! And this say: down 35 planes!

So, I you have a recent example of a game, were you shot down more then 35 planes but didn't get this achievement, please be so kind and share the replay file and/ or screenshots here! 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles
4 minutes ago, principat121 said:

@EzPz51

Dude, you have to understand, that customer support as well as the wiki people are just people. And people do mistakes or didn't find time to update every page for the wiki. The customer support people do not have to know everything about the game! They just answer questions or send questions forward to other people.

And if you don't like the outdated wiki, you can provide your personal help, as the people behind the wiki are desperately looking for help (and not only the english site, even the german section) to keep the wiki up to date. 

The only fact you have for sure is the ingame describtion! And this say: down 35 planes!

So, I you have a recent example of a game, were you shot down more then 35 planes but didn't get this achievement, please be so kind and share the replay file and/ or screenshots here! 

And you have 0 facts, no screenshot, no facts.

So far I'm the only one here with facts.

The only way to resolve this is get a screenshot of a battle result with 35-39 planes downed and the reward is given or not. Like i said before.

Ps. "The customer support people do not have to know everything about the game! " that remark of yours I can't take serious, that is their job.

Their job is answering questions correctly, by having the knowledge or be able to find out the correct answer by consulting sources provided by the company they work at, like co-workers and the companies digital systems.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,711 posts
8,735 battles
3 hours ago, EzPz51 said:

And you have 0 facts, no screenshot, no facts.

Yes, but I do also not claim any utter nonsens like you! You stated that there is a "bug" or "incorrect description". Then it is up to you to prove your claim or just keep your mouth shut. 

So far I'm the only one here with facts.

No. 35 planes for the achievement. This was know before. Is the ingame description. This is how this game works. There was never a (random) match after the re-introducing of this achievement with 35+ planes shot down and the achievement was not awarded. You are just wrong! 

that is their job

No! It is not! Their job is like their title: CUSTOMER SUPPORT! They support the customer! Wow! And now tell me how this translates into "have to know everything about the game". Next utter nonsenes from you. 

This whole affair is just a typical: "I saw something, misinterpreted it and now blundering myself because I cannot admit that I was wrong in the frist place". 

• Bad 1

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles
22 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Yes, but I do also not claim any utter nonsens like you! You stated that there is a "bug" or "incorrect description". Then it is up to you to prove your claim or just keep your mouth shut. 

No. 35 planes for the achievement. This was know before. Is the ingame description. This is how this game works. There was never a (random) match after the re-introducing of this achievement with 35+ planes shot down and the achievement was not awarded. You are just wrong! 

No! It is not! Their job is like their title: CUSTOMER SUPPORT! They support the customer! Wow! And now tell me how this translates into "have to know everything about the game". Next utter nonsenes from you. 

This whole affair is just a typical: "I saw something, misinterpreted it and now blundering myself because I cannot admit that I was wrong in the frist place". 

There is nothing for me to admit, I'm just try to do some fact finding here, while you are making this into some kind of contest about being right and wrong and claiming that have won that contest without providing a single shred of evidence for anything you said. Only some ridiculous assumptions about how employees of a company don't know what they are talking about and then personal attacks on me. You are contributing nothing here and I rather have you not clutter up this tread more than you already did.

I find you and unpleasant person and I prefer you stop talking to me.

Ps. why don't change the wiki into 35 as you seem so sure about yourself and know it all.

• Funny 1

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles

It's solved.

Random battle today, 36 planes downed AA defense expert achievement granted (see screenshot)

I also looked up when this wasn't "fixed": 21 September I had 38 planes downed in a random match and did not get the achievement.

Hadn't made a screenshot but I remembered I made a post about it that day, and that post was on 21 Sept.

36 AA defense expert.png

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,711 posts
8,735 battles
1 hour ago, EzPz51 said:

I find you and unpleasant person and I prefer you stop talking to me.

ze germans... 

:cap_haloween:

funny as never 

10 minutes ago, EzPz51 said:

I also looked up when this wasn't "fixed": 21 September I had 38 planes downed in a random match and did not get the achievement.

That never happened without a screenshot. And the achievment was introduced just one or two patches ago, for you might forget this little fact as well. 

10 minutes ago, EzPz51 said:

It's solved.

There was never a question at all! Since the re-intruducing of this achievement you need 35 planes shot down. And you get this achievement everytime you shot down 35+ planes. There was never a mistery. 

And it is quite amusing that you think that a custumer support guy have to know anything special about the game. You are new in free world, arrn't you?!

• Bad 1

[B-P4F]
Players
44 posts
17,139 battles
30 minutes ago, principat121 said:

ze germans... 

:cap_haloween:

funny as never 

That never happened without a screenshot. And the achievment was introduced just one or two patches ago, for you might forget this little fact as well. 

There was never a question at all! Since the re-intruducing of this achievement you need 35 planes shot down. And you get this achievement everytime you shot down 35+ planes. There was never a mistery. 

And it is quite amusing that you think that a custumer support guy have to know anything special about the game. You are new in free world, arrn't you?!

Yeah, i down 38 planes on 21 Sept, there is no 35 planes AA defense expert achievement in the game on 21 Sept and yet I make a post about it. Seem like it never happened, I must have made up an achievement that wasn't in the game on 21 Sept and then later it suddenly was, like I looked into the future.

"ze germans" where is that coming from? Are you making farfetched assumptions again? I'm not German. But I guess you have information otherwise and know it better then me....

But you seem not to be someone who easily understands what other people try to tell you. Therefor: You are an unpleasant person, stop talking to me

[TFSB]
90 posts
1,900 battles

Thread closed - Seems like the issue has been fixed, and I doubt theres any need for future discussion in this thread

The forums is meant for discussions - But always remember to keep a respectfull, good and positive tone, in order to make it much more comfortable for everyone :cap_like:Closed.