Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Hercules_

What is the two tubes under GZ?

3 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
38 posts
18,255 battles

HI i was in the table port and was looking around GZ and then i saw that under the ship in the front the are two tubes that going down in the water and i cant find was they are for.

So i wounder did they have any purpose in reality or it is WG that did some missed on the cosmetic?

[OHFK]
Players
406 posts
9,717 battles

I guess you are refering to the two cylinders of paddle-like structures under the bow and these are Voith Schneider systems, to be used for improved manoeuvring in narrow waters and while berthing. These systems are still in use today on some ships and on GZ it was used Instead of a bowthruster or azipod for berthing manouvers.

Beta Tester
38 posts
18,255 battles
8 hours ago, affie said:

I guess you are refering to the two cylinders of paddle-like structures under the bow and these are Voith Schneider systems, to be used for improved manoeuvring in narrow waters and while berthing. These systems are still in use today on some ships and on GZ it was used Instead of a bowthruster or azipod for berthing manouvers.

Aha then i understand, I was confused ther becus i was looking on the other ships and i couldt find any thing that was simular to GZ *tubes*

But thx so much for the explanation 

Sign in to follow this