Sign in to follow this  
affie

Molotov, a Kirov at T6?

5 comments in this topic

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,619 battles

I was lucky and got a Molotov in the third directive SC and I have actually had my eyes in her before but never bought her. But now she is in my port and I would like to have some help on how to play her properly, I am currently at the Chapayev and have adapted the long range kiting HE spamming role of the T6-8.

But how does Molotov play and how is she as a captain trainer? Is she just an uptiered Kirov or is she competetive? 

All reviews I can find seems to be 2-3 years old, so please help me understand how to best make use of this gift. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,740 posts
5,280 battles
7 hours ago, affie said:

Is she just an uptiered Kirov or is she competetive? 

Calling her a uptiered Kirov is being grossly unfair to her as the main difference between her and her half sister is her guns. You see, she actually has the Donskoy's guns, not the Kirov's.

Players
9,840 posts
11,540 battles
7 hours ago, affie said:

I was lucky and got a Molotov in the third directive SC and I have actually had my eyes in her before but never bought her. But now she is in my port and I would like to have some help on how to play her properly, I am currently at the Chapayev and have adapted the long range kiting HE spamming role of the T6-8.

But how does Molotov play and how is she as a captain trainer? Is she just an uptiered Kirov or is she competetive? 

All reviews I can find seems to be 2-3 years old, so please help me understand how to best make use of this gift. 

Same as your average Russian cruiser, long range support. And she uses the same guns as on Donskoi... no. Kirov, Molotov and Donskoi use the same guns and shells, Kirov just runs at reduced charge, hence (much) slower shell velocity.

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,619 battles
3 hours ago, Panocek said:

Same as your average Russian cruiser, long range support. And she uses the same guns as on Donskoi... no. Kirov, Molotov and Donskoi use the same guns and shells, Kirov just runs at reduced charge, hence (much) slower shell velocity.

Okay, after some inspection of armor and guns etc, it seems she is as weak as the CL (Schors & Chapayev) but with the railguns of Donskoi, so I will give her a try as a long range support cruiser who avoids getting hit.

Players
9,840 posts
11,540 battles
1 hour ago, affie said:

Okay, after some inspection of armor and guns etc, it seems she is as weak as the CL (Schors & Chapayev) but with the railguns of Donskoi, so I will give her a try as a long range support cruiser who avoids getting hit.

Definitely you'd want to capitalize on AP, also she can get away without IFHE as she has 29mm base HE pen.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this