Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sehales

How It Works: Tips for Newcomers

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
9,818 posts
11,519 battles
55 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Dear god in heaven.

 

4 years later and we now have a "how to" :cap_fainting::cap_like::cap_wander:

Well, it took about as much time for WoT team to introduce *something* resembling tutorial:Smile_smile:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
186 posts
8,159 battles

just add your CC digits thats all. I have no idea why WG Always gives me a answer in a big red bar . When i look and red the forum i wunder how manny more are looking at a red bar. And even here on the forum you can score points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
27 posts
111 battles

I haven't played this yet, I was looking for a beginner tutorial before I started playing and don't be dumb at first.


 What low-level school ship (level 4, 5, 6) is recommended to learn the mechanics of the game?


 Greetings and thank you all very much for sharing your knowledge.

 

 Sorry, the translator hesitates me.:Smile_facepalm:

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,645 battles
On 5/24/2020 at 9:02 AM, lospescas said:

What low-level school ship (level 4, 5, 6) is recommended to learn the mechanics of the game?

First of all welcome to the game.

I'd recommend you not to play beyond T4 on several lines and stay there for a bit.

On the down side you have a massive population of CVs, which are OP in the hands of someone competent at that tier,

on the up side you avoid the +- 2 MM, which will at times throw your T5 ship in with T7s (ect.) and your opponents will tend to be newer as well.

Low tier in this game is anything up to T4 really, T5 at most. From T6 on you should have some general idea of how to play your ship, what she can and can't do and some basic map-awareness

 

As a training ship i'd highly recommend the Furutaka. Not the easiest ship to master (and before you have her upgraded modules she's a bit rubbish) but she has a lot to teach you:
Her guns are slow-reloading but very powerful for a cruiser of her tier (esp. the armor piercing = AP) and rather accurate so good ammunition choice and aim will be rewarded well.

She is also rather tanky for a cruiser but explodes the same when giving broadside so you should get a good feeling for how to angle and evade with her.

And last but not least she's (at least imo) a fun ship to play.

For Battleships I'd say Wyoming (T4), Kongo (5) or Fuso (6), KM BBs if you like to be tankier but those teach a false sense of security.

In general I consider IJN cruisers and battleships to be pretty good to learn the game.

For destroyers I'd recommend the USN ones, as they have good smokes, decent torpedoes (with at first limited range) and good guns,

which forces you to learn how to ambush bigger ships using island cover and smokes and that your ship has guns and when to use them.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,705 battles
3 hours ago, lospescas said:

I haven't played this yet, I was looking for a beginner tutorial before I started playing and don't be dumb at first.


 What low-level school ship (level 4, 5, 6) is recommended to learn the mechanics of the game?

Everybody starts at tier 1 and those ships are pretty much the same. After you played a thousand games or so you should at least starting to know what you like and what works for you. My advice to new players are to play all tier1:s, then all tier 2:s, and so on. Don't rush up the tiers, you won't get better or help you team that way. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
27 posts
111 battles
3 hours ago, rnat said:

First of all welcome to the game.

I'd recommend you not to play beyond T4 on several lines and stay there for a bit.

On the down side you have a massive population of CVs, which are OP in the hands of someone competent at that tier,

on the up side you avoid the +- 2 MM, which will at times throw your T5 ship in with T7s (ect.) and your opponents will tend to be newer as well.

Low tier in this game is anything up to T4 really, T5 at most. From T6 on you should have some general idea of how to play your ship, what she can and can't do and some basic map-awareness

 

As a training ship i'd highly recommend the Furutaka. Not the easiest ship to master (and before you have her upgraded modules she's a bit rubbish) but she has a lot to teach you:
Her guns are slow-reloading but very powerful for a cruiser of her tier (esp. the armor piercing = AP) and rather accurate so good ammunition choice and aim will be rewarded well.

She is also rather tanky for a cruiser but explodes the same when giving broadside so you should get a good feeling for how to angle and evade with her.

And last of all she's (at least imo) a fun ship to play.

For Battleships I'd say Wyoming (T4), Kongo (5) or Fuso (6), KM BBs if you like to be tankier but those teach a false sense of security.

In general I consider IJN cruisers and battleships to be pretty good to learn the game.

For destroyers I'd recommend the USN ones, as they have good smokes, decent torpedoes (with at first limited range) and good guns,

which forces you to learn how to ambush bigger ships using island cover and smokes and that your ship has guns and when to use them.

 

3 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

Everybody starts at tier 1 and those ships are pretty much the same. After you played a thousand games or so you should at least starting to know what you like and what works for you. My advice to new players are to play all tier1:s, then all tier 2:s, and so on. Don't rush up the tiers, you won't get better or help you team that way. 

 

Thank you so much for all the advices.

 I am a wot player (with the same nickname as here) and I still remember my beginnings with tanks, thousands and thousands of battles without doing anything productive :Smile_hiding:, but that taught me not to (try to) repeat past mistakes :Smile_unsure:

 

 My main idea is to learn in tier IV and V, now thanks to you I have a clearer idea of the boats I need to navigate in the wow :fish_book: .

 

Are there any Tier IV or V armored ships worth playing, learning and fun?  I understand that the Soviets (not to change) are fine, any suggestions?

 

 Again, thank you very much, comrades :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,818 posts
11,519 battles
59 minutes ago, lospescas said:

Are there any Tier IV or V armored ships worth playing, learning and fun?  I understand that the Soviets (not to change) are fine, any suggestions?

While there are genuinely fun tier 4/5 ships, these tiers also have fun and engaging times against tier 4 carriers, against which you simply don't have Anti Air to make significant plane losses. Still, Kuma, Furutaka, Kongo, Clemson, Orion come to mind.

 

That and you're playing game developed by Russians (Lesta Studio), published by (Belo)Russians (Wargaming) with Russian being primary market. What are odds of Russian ships being bad?:cap_tea:

 

Speaking of Russian ships - in about two weeks patch 0.9.5 will arrive, and among changes tier 5 cruiser Kirov will turn into premium. So if you feel you can make it, start Russian cruiser line  to get yourself free tier 5 premium ship.

 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-095/#soviet-cruisers

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
108 posts
900 battles
5 hours ago, lospescas said:

 

 

Thank you so much for all the advices.

 I am a wot player (with the same nickname as here) and I still remember my beginnings with tanks, thousands and thousands of battles without doing anything productive :Smile_hiding:, but that taught me not to (try to) repeat past mistakes :Smile_unsure:

 

 My main idea is to learn in tier IV and V, now thanks to you I have a clearer idea of the boats I need to navigate in the wow :fish_book: .

 

Are there any Tier IV or V armored ships worth playing, learning and fun?  I understand that the Soviets (not to change) are fine, any suggestions?

 

 Again, thank you very much, comrades :Smile_honoring:

Hello.

Welcome to the game.

 

@rnat and @Panocek covered pretty much everything in their comments but I'd like to add this:

 

there are tutorial videos on youtube to learn the strengths and weaknesses of certain ships, Flamu (https://www.youtube.com/user/cheesec4t) makes these videos a lot and they've helped me a lot.

 

and to answer your question about tier 4 and 5 ships, the Russian battleships have very nice armour but you will get punished for mistakes (they have a big citadel, so don't show your sides.), but most of the Russian battlewagons have the majority of their guns at the front, so you can remain angled whilst keeping most of your firepower, most, if not all of the Russian battleships are good, I only have the tier 6 but I have enjoyed pretty much all of the ships so far, people also say the high tier Russian battleships are pretty decent too, the Russian battleships also get this gimmick where they get scary accurate guns from 12km and closer.

 

 

for destroyers, I recommend the US or UK ones.

 

UK destroyers:

  • fast firing guns with slow shell velocity and have a high arc on said shells
  • short lasting but fast reloading smoke screens and they have lots of them.
  • have access to "Hydroacoustic Search" from tier 6 onwards, this spots torpedoes and ships from a certain range, useful for dodging torpedoes.
  • Decent concealment.
  • Great agility.
  • Mediocre speed, but they accelerate REALLY fast.
  • from tier 7 onwards, their turrets turn 360 degrees (the tier 7 only has the ability to do this with it's rear turret, the tier 8, 9 and 10 have all of their turrets 360 degree rotating)
  • the tier 9 and 10 have access to a heal consumable (heals certain damage taken) and the tier 9 and 10 also have improved penetration angles on their AP shells (I recommend you watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQcutrneBJQ)
  • they don't have access to engine boost consumable.
  • relatively short ranged torpedoes.
  • good at capping control points because of guns and the hydroacoustic search.

 

US destroyers:

  • long lasting smoke screens.
  • rapid firing guns that rotate quickly.
  • slow shell velocity with high arc on said shells.
  • from tier 5 onwards, they get access to Defensive AA fire (although this consumable is mostly a joke, it got nerfed hard.), but to get this consumable they have to swap out the engine boost consumable.
  • have decent AA from tier 5 onwards.
  • the tier 4 is probably the best tier 4 destroyer.
  • short ranged torpedoes till tier 7.
  • decent/good concealment.
  • good for capping because of their guns.

 

I'd say the US and UK destroyers are relatively similar, I think they're both good.

 

By the way, if you haven't already, you should use an invite link, as long as you haven't reached a certain account level (I forget which one) you can use an invite link and when you play your first tier 6 battle you will be rewarded with the premium tier 6 battleship Warspite and a bunch of other cool stuff, if you want I can give you one of these links.

 

I'd also like to mention containers, I recommend you always pick the "More Resources" containers, they give you coal which is a valuable resource you can spend in the armory, you can buy premium ships with it and signals and lots of other stuff. I only pick those becuase "Try your luck" containers rarely give anything good and I'm saving coal for a ship, I don't know which one yet though.

 

:Smile_honoring:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
27 posts
111 battles
On 5/24/2020 at 3:46 PM, Panocek said:

Speaking of Russian ships - in about two weeks patch 0.9.5 will arrive, and among changes tier 5 cruiser Kirov will turn into premium. So if you feel you can make it, start Russian cruiser line  to get yourself free tier 5 premium ship.

 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-095/#soviet-cruisers

 

Thank you very much for the information :cap_like:, yesterday I bought the Soviet Kirov :Smile_honoring:, with the addition of achieving in the first container at my disposal, the premium ship Duca D'aosta, although I am not playing it at the moment, for  the low level of play I have, I was delighted with this gift :Smile_smile:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,818 posts
11,519 battles
5 minutes ago, lospescas said:

 

Thank you very much for the information :cap_like:, yesterday I bought the Soviet Kirov :Smile_honoring:, with the addition of achieving in the first container at my disposal, the premium ship Duca D'aosta, although I am not playing it at the moment, for  the low level of play I have, I was delighted with this gift :Smile_smile:.

You did not had to buy her, as only researching her was the requirement.

 

Unfortunately, don't scrap tier 4, Svetlana (?) yet, as you will have to regrind tier 5 ship again. That or spend Free Exp. WG decision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,645 battles
On 5/29/2020 at 4:21 PM, Panocek said:

You did not had to buy her, as only researching her was the requirement.

 

Unfortunately, don't scrap tier 4, Svetlana (?) yet, as you will have to regrind tier 5 ship again. That or spend Free Exp. WG decision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Note that if can research the Budyonny using the Kirov before the patch hits that one will stay researched (and stays in your possession if you decide to purchase it)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
27 posts
111 battles
On 5/29/2020 at 4:21 PM, Panocek said:

You did not had to buy her, as only researching her was the requirement.

 

Unfortunately, don't scrap tier 4, Svetlana (?) yet, as you will have to regrind tier 5 ship again. That or spend Free Exp. WG decision ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have not yet sold the Svetlana (Tier IV), I want to enjoy it longer and learn the basics with cruising with it.

1 hour ago, rnat said:

Note that if can research the Budyonny using the Kirov before the patch hits that one will stay researched (and stays in your possession if you decide to purchase it)

I am in no rush to level up yet, I will have time when I am more proficient at these levels.  

 

Thank you very much for the advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,818 posts
11,519 battles
3 minutes ago, lospescas said:

I am in no rush to level up yet, I will have time when I am more proficient at these levels.  

 

Thank you very much for the advice.

Still, if you can at least research Budyonny using Kirov, it will save you some regrinding

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
492 posts
Am 2.10.2019 um 17:18, Sehales sagte:

Are you new to World of Warships? Learn the basics of the game in 170 seconds!

 

Click here for the article with the video

Hallo, 

 

Dieser Beitrag würde auch gut in "Off Topic" Rubrick: "Etwas zum Schmunzel"  passen.

 

Bitte nicht beleidigt sein.

 

Hast Du WoWs in 170 sek begriffen und die Spiele-Mechanik grundlegent erlernt?

 

(Eine Antwort ist nicht nötig!)

 

MfG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×