You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

49 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
3,227 battles

So! Time for me to Complain a bit about the Team damage system implemented into World of Warships.

I just played a match where I got a Teamkill warning/Penalty. Now, I would like to Criticize this mechanic because of HOW I got the Penalty. I was Merrily sailing along, Shooting at the enemy at Close range, When a friendly destroyer with 11HP is escaping from another battle. Since I was sailing a Battleship and he we not paying attention to where he were going, as he were too focused on what were behind him (Enemies) he sails into the side of my Battleship and dies which I were unable to prevent. Now, I know World of Tanks have just turned off friendly fire for their game, but I think that something like that should Deffinitely be implemented into World of Warships as well, Seeing as very few who play this game, are able to predict how fast we can maneuver our ships. Especially when we are on the line for the first time or under fire. And since friendly ramming happens so often, it's frankly Absurd that friendlies should take damage from hitting each other. That Destroyer might've lived, if he didn't have to take damage from nudging my ship, and Frankly none of us could stop the ramming from happening, due to the sheer fact that he were ducking behind an Island just outside a capture point, at the same time as I happened to pass it to get into shooting range of the Contesting ships.

image.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
16 minutes ago, ObnoxiousJake said:

Now, I know World of Tanks have just turned off friendly fire for their game, but I think that something like that should Deffinitely be implemented into World of Warships as well

How about we don't.

When a friendly destroyer with 11HP is escaping from another battle. Since I was sailing a Battleship and he we not paying attention to where he were going, as he were too focused on what were behind him (Enemies) he sails into the side of my Battleship and dies which I were unable to prevent.

It happens. Don't worry. Every player knows a pink penalty deserves benefit of doubt. Also this is your first post, I guess you don't get these penalties often, and as such they are trivial. 

We do not need friendly fire turned of, it would turn this game into the same mess coop and ops can be when playing with randoms. Accidental team damage happens, and is not punished to harshly. Taking that away just makes every friggin 4x% wr skrub torpedo from second line trying to get cheap damage based on spotting from forward destroyers for instance. This game doesn't need to cater any more to the lowest of lowest forms of players as it already does. 

And since friendly ramming happens so often, it's frankly Absurd that friendlies should take damage from hitting each other.

Ramming damage shouldn't happen? Do you know the inertia behind a big ship hitting another big ship, even at 'slow' speeds. And yes friendlies take some ramming dmg that is good, that way you don't get grieving player just constantly blocking other players. 

• Cool 8

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
175 posts
5,407 battles

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Was playing the Zao with 12km torps and shot them in the direction of a DD and after they'd travelled about 10-11km a Des Moines sailed right into one of them. Needless to say i was pinky for 2 games.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
1 minute ago, Zip__ said:

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Was playing the Zao with 12km torps and shot them in the direction of a DD and after they'd travelled about 10-11km a Des Moines sailed right into one of them. Needless to say i was pinky for 2 games.

Good, I hope you learned your lesson. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,018 battles
13 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

image.png.723199c00f46856af1bc3a5d247ae4

Blar ~~~~~

Naughty , naughty we are today :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,620 posts
12 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

Naughty , naughty we are today :cap_haloween:

Battle Boat Captains, if you see a Destroyer on target 7 to 9km he is setting up a torp run! dont drive into the torp run ! LOOK STOP LOOK AGINE !

BE A BRIGHT BATTLESHIP DONT BE A BONE HEAD BATTLESHIP

This is a public Service Announcement for your safety from The Whale Club 

:cap_horn:

:cap_yes:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,738 posts
13,669 battles
45 minutes ago, ObnoxiousJake said:

I just played a match where I got a Teamkill warning/Penalty.

you do not get a warning for just doing 11 damage, the 11 damage might have tipped you over the edge, but it takes a lot more damage than that over a few battles to turn pink.

you got a warning, and you were pink for 2 whole battles, did it cost you any credits, experience commander xp? nope it didn't, where's the problem?

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
1 minute ago, Orcinus1 said:

Battle Boat Captains, if you see a Destroyer on target 7 to 9km he is setting up a torp run! dont drive into the torp run ! LOOK STOP LOOK AGINE !

Your torps, your responsibility.

You simply do not torp in such a way that it limits your teammates options. They need their eyes on the enemy not their supposed allies.

• Cool 4

[FLYD]
Players
1,372 posts
13,072 battles
2 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

:cap_horn:

Why do you launch a salvo that has a chance to hit your teammate from 7-9 km away?

You one of them Smartcookies that torps into a BB Brawl?

If so be assured i will kill the enemy bb and take your torps on principle alone.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Players
1,620 posts
2 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Why do you launch a salvo that has a chance to hit your teammate from 7-9 km away?

You one of them Smartcookies that torps into a BB Brawl?

If so be assured i will kill the enemy bb and take your torps on principle alone.

• Bad 2

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
2 minutes ago, Salentine said:

you do not get a warning for just doing 11 damage, the 11 damage might have tipped you over the edge, but it takes a lot more damage than that over a few battles to turn pink.

If the 11 points of damage leads to a kill it can turn people pink. I've turned pink in similar situations where I was shooting in smoke for instance and didn't notice a low hp ally was blocking my  rear turret -> instant pink ). 

• Cool 2

[ORM]
Players
135 posts
3,621 battles
1 minute ago, Salentine said:

you got a warning, and you were pink for 2 whole battles, did it cost you any credits, experience commander xp? nope it didn't, where's the problem?

i'm guessing it's because the damage was enough to sink the other ship

the annoying one for me is when my secondaries are engaging a ship and hit a friendly

• Bad 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
Just now, tinvek said:

the annoying one for me is when my secondaries are engaging a ship and hit a friendly

Secondaries don't deal damage to friendly ships for two years now.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles

Bad luck for both you and the destroyer in this case, OP! But as mtm78 says in post #2 above, it is well known that these things can happen to anyone, and most players will give you the benefit of the doubt. Unless proved otherwise by the in-game actions of a pink player, the pink status will be assumed to be the cause of accidents or unintentional misplays* rather than intentional team damage.

And I agree with mtm78 in that team damage should not be eliminated, or at least not unless it becomes a serious problem due to widespread intentional team killing (as has sadly happened in WoT). Having to plan and consider your attacks so that they don't risk harming your allies is one fairly important tactical aspect of the game, especially with regards to torpedo attacks. A well placed torpedo spread can instantly wipe out even the toughest enemy ship, just as a badly placed spread can instanstly sink an ally. Having to plan and execute your attacks with care is an important balancing factor, and one we shouldn't lightly remove from the game.

* As apart from intentional misplays, such as - for example - sinking an allied ship with torpedoes carelessly launched from second line. Torping from second line is generally considered bad form, since it puts your allies at risk (even if the intention is to strike an enemy).

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
Players
4,372 posts
18,493 battles
59 minutes ago, ObnoxiousJake said:

So! Time for me to Complain a bit about the Team damage system implemented into World of Warships.

I just played a match where I got a Teamkill warning/Penalty. Now, I would like to Criticize this mechanic because of HOW I got the Penalty. I was Merrily sailing along, Shooting at the enemy at Close range, When a friendly destroyer with 11HP is escaping from another battle. Since I was sailing a Battleship and he we not paying attention to where he were going, as he were too focused on what were behind him (Enemies) he sails into the side of my Battleship and dies which I were unable to prevent. Now, I know World of Tanks have just turned off friendly fire for their game, but I think that something like that should Deffinitely be implemented into World of Warships as well, Seeing as very few who play this game, are able to predict how fast we can maneuver our ships. Especially when we are on the line for the first time or under fire. And since friendly ramming happens so often, it's frankly Absurd that friendlies should take damage from hitting each other. That Destroyer might've lived, if he didn't have to take damage from nudging my ship, and Frankly none of us could stop the ramming from happening, due to the sheer fact that he were ducking behind an Island just outside a capture point, at the same time as I happened to pass it to get into shooting range of the Contesting ships.

image.png

No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The team Damage penalty is here for reasons, one of them keeping bullies and griefers in check. 

The fact that WoT removed Team damage/ kills was a stupid move and gave bullies and griefers basically permission to behave like obnoxious little :etc_swear:. We don't need that crap in WoWS.

Situations like yours can happen, but i also would like to add that 11 Points of TD does NOT give you a warning!

You seem to had your fair share of Team damage previously.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
1,620 posts
7 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

You simply do not torp in such a way that it limits your teammates options. They need their eyes on the enemy not their supposed allies.

I would never of guessed " Dear "

Is this a road I want to walk I ask Myself.

mr BB comes from behind me trying to kill steel and sails right into my torps, now did he see them?, did he not see them? why is he sailing into the enemy +4 into a cap, now I know he want going to hit the Benson torps as they where fired at me, but the other 2 DD,s well who knows

The Point:-

1. He should not be going into the Cap with 4 enemy ships known in there and no cover.

2. He should not be trying to block ME or any other DD ( some thing that seems to be happening a lot recently why I can only hazard a guess )  

3. I think he was either a bot, or afk and on a auto nav, using his secondaries to make some XP, while he had a cup of tea and a nice biscuit ( if this is the case its pure scum )

5. My Tops My Problem

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

6,042 posts
10,452 battles
2 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

mr BB comes from behind me trying to kill steel and sails right into my torps

Please show me the BB that can overtake launched torps? Afaik there's none!

Unless we're talking about the BB charging in and only AFTER he passed you (and thus is somewhat between you and the enemies) you launched your torps. In that case your point 5 becomes valid: Either live with the punishment or don't launch torps at all.

And regarding what other players should and should not ... this game is open for all. As long as they don't actively harming their team there are no rules forbidding a BB to charge into 4 enemies.

• Cool 4

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
1 minute ago, Orcinus1 said:

mr BB comes from behind me trying to kill steel and sails right into my torps,

That's pretty much an impossible scenario. Your torps are faster then the BB in any case. He can't catch up to them if he was behind you.

• Cool 1

0 posts
6 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

mr BB comes from behind me trying to kill steel and sails right into my torps

Even an FR BB with speed boost can't out-run (let alone overtake) the slowest torps in the game (Black)...

So (respectfully) I think that is a perhaps not quite a valid claim!

Bear in mind, in the heat of battle sometimes what feels 'behind' is not actually 'behind' because of ship positions and camera angles!

OnTopic: OP, unlike most 'friendly fire complaint' posts, in this instance you obviously were not at fault. It happens - if he had been higher health, he probably would have survived and you wouldn't have gone pink. But he didn't, you did and it sucks but it doesn't merit re-working the already lenient TKing rules!

• Cool 4

Players
1,620 posts
6 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Either live with the punishment or don't launch torps at all

image.png.1da4add29e6df6a050fecde6b2ed172c.png

I always live the consequences I make no complaint I merely add to the topic, in a light hearted way, which is " open to all "

11 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

And regarding what other players should and should not ... this game is open for all. As long as they don't actively harming their team there are no rules forbidding a BB to charge into 4 enemies.

Interesting. 

I start to wonder as a " Retired Ermittler " who owns these bots,  Lets follow the money is the normal Modus Operandi.

6,042 posts
10,452 battles
3 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

owns these bots

If you can prove that these players are bots (and not simply bad at the game or not caring about team mates) then feel free to bring forward the evidence to WG (then over support or via PN to a WG employee here in the forums). I'm sure WG will gladly take a look at the evidence.

• Cool 1

Players
1,620 posts
2 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

If you can prove that these players are bots (and not simply bad at the game or not caring about team mates) then feel free to bring forward the evidence to WG (then over support or via PN to a WG employee here in the forums). I'm sure WG will gladly take a look at the evidence.

OK :Smile_Default: