You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ydoum

Khaba is dead - powercrept to oblivion

146 comments in this topic

[THROW]
Players
158 posts
7,916 battles

WG has now made sure that Khaba, nerfed over and over again, has no place in the game.

With the release of Kleber, it has been officially powercrept out of the game. Kleber does everything better:

- has higher DPM

- has better torps and more of them, with a much better reload

- is much faster

- actually has a rudder

- has a tighter turning radius

- can't take full AP damage

- has finite HP pool, so once you oversaturate a section, it can no longer take any damage

- has smaller profile

- oh, and don't forget about concealment

With Kiev and Tashkent WG set the flavor of the line: long range fire support. Since there were some CCs (we all know which) that were crying that Khaba was OP, the rudder and range were nerfed to the point that you actually lose your line/national flavor and you become a bulky, predictable target, that has to get close to do anything. The belt armour on Khaba is not good enough to make it a viable pick even for randoms.

Press "F" to pay respects to Khaba.

• Cool 21
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
229 posts
9,270 battles

and you really think WG cares about the CCs opinion ? if they would listen to CCs i believe Smolensk, Pobeda(Slava),Colbert and Kremlin are in for a suprise ....

No offense mate but its not the CCs that make WG do anything.

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,707 posts
8,735 battles

boring story

For many years the Kahab sh*t on other ships and was leading the tier10 DD damage tables by far. And now she is not any more the top dog? How terrible!!! 

Overall the Kahabarovsk is still 3rd in average damage! And you are crying? 

#FirstWorldUnicumProblems

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[THROW]
Players
158 posts
7,916 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

boring story

For many years the Kahab sh*t on other ships and was leading the tier10 DD damage tables by far. And now she is not any more the top dog? How terrible!!! 

Overall the Kahabarovsk is still 3rd in average damage! And you are crying? 

#FirstWorldUnicumProblems

I'm making a point, that apparently due to its validity, has triggered you. I guess you were touched by Khabas in the past. How terrible!!!

I guess you don't see anything wrong with getting a worse ship at tier 10 over tier 9, right?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,707 posts
8,735 battles
Just now, Ydoum said:

I'm making a point, that apparently due to its validity, has triggered you. I guess you were touched by Khabas in the past. How terrible!!!

Nice diversion. I never cared much about Khabas. 

And a really nice Ad Hominem argument. If you have nothing to say in defence of your case, attack the other!

Do you want to add anything in your case or just show off a little bit?! 

Please show that the current Khaba compared to its tier10 couterparts is too weak?

Can you?!

No - you cannot!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 6

[THROW]
Players
158 posts
7,916 battles
Just now, principat121 said:

Nice diversion. I never cared much about Khabas. 

And a really nice Ad Hominem argument. If you have nothing to say in defence of your case, attack the other!

Do you want to add anything in your case or just show off a little bit?! 

Please show that the current Khaba compared to its tier10 couterparts is too weak?

Can you?!

No - you cannot!

You clearly attacked me in your opening post. I guess that's fine. It makes you able to counterattack when I post something you do not like.

And I just DID just show you that it's weak compared to Kleber. Do you want me to compare it to Harugumo? That'll end up being quite a similar story.

And ship stats are pointless. Unless the ship was completely changed (like CVs), old stats of players who played Khaba pre-nerf are still accounted for.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
229 posts
9,270 battles

the only problem i personally have with khaba (and harugomo) that she eats full ap bb pens unlike all other DDs

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
158 posts
7,916 battles
3 minutes ago, SgtTincan said:

the only problem i personally have with khaba (and harugomo) that she eats full ap bb pens unlike all other DDs

That's one of the bigger problems with her and her armoured 50mm belt at the moment. It actually makes BBs want to fire AP at you instead of switching to HE. You slightly overturn and suddenly you find yourself eating an AP shell that dealt over 5k dmg.

While she could stay back and fire at long ranges before the nerf, even with her poor rudder shift she'd be fine. It would still be possible to dodge some slower shells. Now she has to get quite close; into ranges where even the slowest and most floaty shells still have enough velocity for a player to lead correctly.

There are simply too many counterplays for her at the moment.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
389 posts
7,953 battles

As I person who like gunships and especially the Khaba I think ALL DDS SHOULD EAT BB AP PEN !!! AMEN FOR THAT !

I think that Khaba should be buffed like this:

• 8km torps
  • increase Main battery range to match at least the Tashkent

No need for more in my opinion.

PS: the addition of Kleber does indeed put Khaba in shadow...

• Cool 4

[RO-RN]
Players
851 posts
10,543 battles

SHHHH!!! I dont want them to nerf kleber! But yes one of the most powerful ships in the game that had the possibility to take 1 on 1 a cruiser is now one of the worst t10 ships in the game along with yueyang! what need to be done:

Concealment reduced from 10kms to 9.5km, range increased from 11.2km to 13km, smoke is added in a different slot and the last resort khaba gets in a separate slot neutrashimy heal that can heal 70% of penetration damage!

• Funny 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,230 posts
9,995 battles

She was nerfed over and over again to such extend that she was no longer fun to play. Same as with the yueyang. Why would you play a ship when others are simply better?

3c56pa.jpg.9ba2ad469fda35d7d24e116b98ef3e4b.jpg

Yes, statistically the khab is still a top dog. But don't forget that these stats are also the stats from when she was in her prime. You should look at the recent dmg numbers to see how she performs. 

Anyway, I'm not touching the khaba anymore because it will just frustrate me. Potatoes in their bbs having a field day getting full pens on me? No thanks. 

• Cool 10

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
4 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

range increased from 11.2km to 13km, smoke is added in a different slot and the last resort khaba gets in a separate slot neutrashimy heal that can heal 70% of penetration damage!

the amount of LOLWAT in these words is too damn high! :Smile_teethhappy:

but yeah the only two times I've touched my Khaba in the last year or so was to grab any per-T10-ship rewards, and that was only in Coop...

[77MM]
Players
403 posts
14,133 battles

I unlocked the khaba about 1 day before the rudder shift nerf, so never played it during it's golden period.

I don't play it much these days, but I do think i take damage easier. If there are top tier Russian BBs & Cruisers  in the game  -  difficult to avoid their fast & accurate shells. 

[RO-RN]
Players
851 posts
10,543 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

the amount of LOLWAT in these words is too damn high! :Smile_teethhappy:

but yeah the only two times I've touched my Khaba in the last year or so was to grab any per-T10-ship rewards, and that was only in Coop...

So what do you mean that this ship is still OP? This ship was one of the scariest oponets to fight against now it is just a T9 SHIP disquised as a t10 ship! And yes it needs all the buffs i mentioned above when ships like Gk can one shot you!

• Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,443 posts
10,937 battles

Khaba has a heal.

See in one element it is better than the Kleber.

Khaba is weak now, can.t contend caps and now can;t even be the best open water gunboat.

I'd take Grozovoi over either. 

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
3 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

And yes it needs all the buffs i mentioned above

one of those maybe, and some of them are really pushing it even on their own. How much more Bussian Rias do we really need? :Smile_teethhappy:

[RO-RN]
Players
851 posts
10,543 battles
Just now, gopher31 said:

Khaba has a heal.

See in one element it is better than the Kleber.

Khaba is weak now, can.t contend caps and now can;t even be the best open water gunboat.

I'd take Grozovoi over either. 

HEAL? does not matter when montanas hit you for 10k damage salvos every salvo! I have played the french destroyers and my conclusion is that the t7 and 8 are one of the most horrible ships that i played, mogador was fine to me but in the end i got  kleber and my feelings were confirmed that it is a way way better khabarovsk and was worth the painful grind!

[RO-RN]
Players
851 posts
10,543 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

one of those maybe, and some of them are really pushing it even on their own. How much more Bussian Rias do we really need? :Smile_teethhappy:

Russian bias? C mon man only kremlin and the broken smolensk smell some bias! how about the japanese kitakaze? Also have you ever heard about the obj 279 early? obj 430? is-3 auto? obj 264 v4? No then go take look at Wows brother game there you will see real russian bias!

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,707 posts
8,735 battles
41 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

And I just DID just show you that it's weak compared to Kleber. Do you want me to compare it to Harugumo? That'll end up being quite a similar story.

And you still fail to see the whole problem! You have to see the whole picture! How is the Khabarovsk performing compared to ALL other tier10 destroyers! Show me that the Khabarovsk "is nerfed into oblivion". 

Because she isn't! She isn't as superior as she was used to be to you! And that is alone your personal problem! If you cannot distinguish between your personal opinion and views on one side and the official data on the other side, then it is your problem alone and not of the game and not of the tuned down Khabarovsk. A ship still performing in the top3 of tier10 DDs. 

Show more data (or at least some) of the whole picture and do not cherry picking! 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[WTFNO]
Players
559 posts
9,555 battles

I unlocked khaba after the nerf, so I can't comment on how she was before.

Right now, the pitiful range and handling feel horrendous, to the point I sold the poor crap for the second time (was trying to get the legendary upgrade, but even that is probably not worth it).

Given the abysmal 40% wr, my teammates can thank me for that :D  (while I seem to be doing fine in the T6-9 RU DDs)

Tashkent just feels superior, even in T10 games.

And soon ... Grozovoi

• Cool 3

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
1 minute ago, Animalul2012 said:

Russian bias? C mon man only kremlin and the broken smolensk smell some bias! how about the japanese kitakaze? Also have you ever heard about the obj 279 early? obj 430? is-3 auto? obj 264 v4? No then go take look at Wows brother game there you will see real russian bias!

oh boy am I ever glad you're not in charge of balancing if you really think that list of Khaba buffs you posted above is a good idea...

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,344 posts
18,372 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

What baffles me is the fact that WG nerfed a RUSSIAN ship so heavily. 

I am pretty sure that we'll see some major buffs for the Khaba and then we'll get not only Bussian Rias threads all over again but also how OP the Khaba is...again.

Personally, i'd give it rudder shift and a tad bit more speed, as it kinda makes me sad to see a DD that handles like a CV with a broken rudder. 

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
851 posts
10,543 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

oh boy am I ever glad you're not in charge of balancing if you really think that list of Khaba buffs you posted above is a good idea...

Dont worry as long as OBj 279 lives khabarovsk still has a chance to rule the seas after all it is WG decision!

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Personally, i'd give it rudder shift and a tad bit more speed, as it kinda makes me sad to see a DD that handles like a CV with a broken rudder.

mainly the rudder shift in my opinion - not sure it needs even more speed (or that that would actually help it much), seems fast enough for its job to me... and probably a few hundred meters of range (not to early-days level but a little bit more so it's not quite as anaemic...)

And those maybe one at a time so we dont go straight back to monster times...

2 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

Dont worry as long as OBj 279 lives khabarovsk still has a chance to rule the seas after all it is WG decision!

hehe fair enough :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[WTFNO]
Players
559 posts
9,555 battles
3 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Indeed. That or a bit more range, but range makes her more cruiser-like, while rudder is more in the DD spirit :)

• Cool 2