Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SH3wolfsub

Allied Damage Bug

10 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
126 battles

Hi Everybody and support,

After being sunk and you then move amongst the other players from ship to ship watching how they are doing, there is a bug where if they (not you, because your sunk) hit one of the team mates, the 'friendly fire' penalty goes against you when it's not you but the ship your 'visiting' - your already out of the game.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I find it incredibly unlikely that something as whacky as that would have gone unnoticed for so long... got any proof (replay plus full screenshots)?

• Cool 1

Players
2,182 posts
30 minutes ago, SH3wolfsub said:

After being sunk and you then move amongst the other players from ship to ship watching how they are doing, there is a bug where if they (not you, because your sunk) hit one of the team mates, the 'friendly fire' penalty goes against you when it's not you but the ship your 'visiting' - your already out of the game.

Welcome to the game..

I have played this game for three years and never heard of this. I also often skip through players if I am sunk...

I am not going to tell you that you are wrong but I would ask if you recorded the game or have a saved replay.

With only 119 games under your belt it is possible that you have collected the penalty yourself and perhaps not realised.. Being a new player you are more likely to have instances of friendly fire, even some of us long term guys occasionally also pick up penalties so don't let it worry you.. penalties are usually short term unless you are persistent.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,750 posts
10,229 battles

Hello OP,

The bug you are describing sounds extremely huge to miss for years.

May be it started recently because some people feel the Team Damage mechanics changed.

If you have a replay, please send a ticket to the CS with the explanation and timestamps.

Other than that, there is nothing they can do.

And even with a replay, there is nothing anyone can do in forum.

But feel free to share a replay, we are curious.

0 posts

Are you sure, OP? Sounds like it might be, for example, torps you have sent in your dying moments hit a team mate whilst you were in free cam after your death.

Welcome to the game and forums btw:cap_like:

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,089 battles
9 hours ago, SH3wolfsub said:

Hi there!

Could you please provide a replay or screenshots? Are you using any mods? Then we can pass this along, I've never heard of this before.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,372 posts
18,505 battles
9 hours ago, SH3wolfsub said:

Pls check your game folder for a folder called replay and attach it here. 

Are you sure? Is it possible that you were sailing a DD and your torps hit a friendly after you were sunk? 

Players
2 posts
126 battles

Hi everybody,

nope no mistake, I've been playing this for quite a while (more on ps4 which currently doesn't have friendly fire than pc) and has only happened this one time, it was a few minutes after I had been sunk and I know that the ship I was firing on had no allied ships in view, I had gone to about 4 ships when the message came up across the middle of the screen.

20191001_230021_PZSD102-Long-Jiang_34_OC_islands.wowsreplay

[POP]
Players
598 posts
11,714 battles

You hit a friendly Dresden in the distance with your torps after your death.

ps. shoot torps at the marker, not towards the red ship. The marker indicates how much lead you need to take in order to hit with torpedos.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,828 battles
11 hours ago, SH3wolfsub said:

Hi everybody,

nope no mistake, I've been playing this for quite a while (more on ps4 which currently doesn't have friendly fire than pc) and has only happened this one time, it was a few minutes after I had been sunk and I know that the ship I was firing on had no allied ships in view, I had gone to about 4 ships when the message came up across the middle of the screen.

20191001_230021_PZSD102-Long-Jiang_34_OC_islands.wowsreplay

As Altsak has posted - you fired DWTs (Deep Water Torpedoes) at the enemy DD despite the fact that DWTs can't hit DDs and they continued after you had been taken out and hit a friendly.

The marker that Atlsak mentions is only a guide to where to fire torps if the target continues at the same speed and direction.  It's possible that the ship may slow down or turn towards you - in which case you can fire the torps 'short'.

One thing I saw from your gameplay was that you spend too much time aiming torps when there were enemy ships including DDs  nearby and you should have been firing your guns at them while waiting for the correct heading to fire the torps.  Even when playing other classes you should target enemy DDs even 'chip' damage can help over time to take them out of the battle.

Edited: Typo - spend not send 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this