You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh

Saving Replays

9 comments in this topic

Players
166 posts
6,077 battles

Hi and good day everyone

so i decided after a bunch of games that i have to save my own great games to videos because of client version differences 

so what is the best recording program that can do that??? any suggestions? windows 10 here 

i have i7-4720HQ with gtx950m

any recommended settings or config??

thanks a bunch

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
2,000 posts
6,411 battles

My prefered tool for recording is OBS Studio (can also be used for streaming, but recording works too). It has lots of features and settings to improve the recording but it's also easy to learn how to use these features in my opinion.

• Boring 1

Players
1,143 posts
18,332 battles

I don't know if the M (a.k.a. the watered down versions for laptops) GPUs have it, but nVidia drivers tend to include ShadowPlay, which is their native recording software. I haven't used it for a couple of years since creating a nVidia account became compulsory, but it worked seamlessly.

My solution to keeping most of the replays and being able to play them was making copies of the whole game versions. It takes plenty of space (over 40GB this last one) but I can somewhat afford having a whole HDD dedicated solely to that.

Salute.

• Cool 1

0 posts
11 hours ago, Mohammad_S__AbuSafieh said:

windows 10 here

I don't know how 'professional' it is, but in the past I've just used the in-built windows 10 feature on gamebar. When the game starts, just hit the Win+G keys and you will be able to record from there. It seemed pretty resource light - I ran it on a potato machine and got a drop of no more than 3-5 fps. It also saves having to install any more software, and is very quick and easy to use!

• Cool 1

Players
166 posts
6,077 battles
2 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

I don't know how 'professional' it is, but in the past I've just used the in-built windows 10 feature on gamebar. When the game starts, just hit the Win+G keys and you will be able to record from there. It seemed pretty resource light - I ran it on a potato machine and got a drop of no more than 3-5 fps. It also saves having to install any more software, and is very quick and easy to use!

the problem i have enterprise edition called ltsc and it doesnt have that , because its a lighweight version of win10 

• Cool 1

Players
166 posts
6,077 battles
13 hours ago, floribe2000 said:

My prefered tool for recording is OBS Studio (can also be used for streaming, but recording works too). It has lots of features and settings to improve the recording but it's also easy to learn how to use these features in my opinion.

what encoding method you use ??

intel quick sync?? / nvdec??? / cuda?

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,978 battles

I am using OBS for streaming and I would recommend that.

Shadow play is painfull to use, I had many issues with it lately.

OBS has plenty of "how to" on you tube, and allows for all relevant settings to be done easily.

I used some other programs, but from all of them I found OBS most user friendly and resource light.

• Cool 1

Players
166 posts
6,077 battles
5 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I am using OBS for streaming and I would recommend that.

Shadow play is painfull to use, I had many issues with it lately.

OBS has plenty of "how to" on you tube, and allows for all relevant settings to be done easily.

I used some other programs, but from all of them I found OBS most user friendly and resource light.

last time i started obs it didnt work on external gpu but internal and thats a poblem because using cuda better than quicksync