You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SaltyLord

I want more NEW MAPS not more boats. balance efforts pls

28 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
52 posts
14,473 battles

Is it because boats make money? and maps cost money?

When we gonna see a different map and more lively maps.

Add seaguls, bigger waves, currents between straits.

When are we able to shoot down pieces of islands as would be normal with all those guns?

And i want Ocean more in the roster plane old open 2 cap Ocean so none of the campers can hide for 20 minutes behind those damm islands

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
7 minutes ago, SaltyLord said:

Is it because boats make money? and maps cost money?

pretty much - so that's that.

Add seaguls

pointless

bigger waves, currents between straits.

no thanks - unnecessary complications, you dont even want to know what that'd do to the average tuber on your team...

When are we able to shoot down pieces of islands as would be normal with all those guns?

any captain that tried that would've been court-martialled for wasting copious amount of ammo, even if it did work (which generally, outside of steep cliffs, it wouldnt... and you really do not want to destabilise any of the mountains that pass for islands ingame, just look up Lituya Bay [minus the naval context obviously, but rockslide is rockslide...] for what that could result in...). So, horsemanure on all counts.

And i want Ocean more in the roster plane old open 2 cap Ocean so none of the campers can hide for 20 minutes behind those damm islands

this on the other hand I wouldnt actually mind...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
3,227 posts

They do say that 'I want, never gets,' which is a shame because we all want bigger and better maps.

There was supposed to be something where you could shoot ice bergs or whatever and the would crumble exposing the ship behind that twas using it as cover, no idea what happened to that one

I think in Aslains modpack for ship,the wave elements were there, but it never affect the aim though if I remember rightly.

Seagulls? Only if you can feed them chips off the bridge, otherwise no thanks, don't want em crapping allover my paintwork:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
460 posts
2,228 battles

Can you imagion if WG would sell new maps in a bundel. And only the players that bought that bundel would be abel to play on them.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
2 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

even better let us chose the map.

that could actually be interesting, although you probably wouldnt want players being able to straigth up choose the map they want to play on (for multiple reasons, some ships being wildly powerful/unsuitable on certain maps one of them)...

but being able to "soft-ban" one or two and "favourite" another one or two when entering the queue (with the understanding that you'll probably have slightly longer wait times)... would that cause significant problems somewhere that I'm missing right now? would even give WG a lot of data on which maps people like and dislike...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
9 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

but being able to "soft-ban" one or two and "favourite" another one or two when entering the queue (with the understanding that you'll probably have slightly longer wait times)... would that cause significant problems somewhere that I'm missing right now? would even give WG a lot of data on which maps people like and dislike...

We asked for this when they allowed it in tanks iirc... Just have a block list with 1 or 2 maps you don't like, but you can only change this list once ever X time, and it's not on a per ship basis ( no real chance of abuse this way ). 

I don't think you should be able to favorite, that would make me spam a class which plays the best on that / those maps. 

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
2,047 posts
7,862 battles

I think wg have a limited amount of Maps in use at certain points of the day rotating them in and out.

But i agree with salty that more dynamic Maps would be great.

So many weather effects that could be used like fog or thinking bigger even an active vulcano.

Smoke fire and darker sky all changing throughout the battle.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
9 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I don't think you should be able to favorite, that would make me spam a class which plays the best on that / those maps. 

I'm not sure how much of a problem even that would be, considering everyone would have the option... I for one do kinda want to see a match on New Dawn with 12 Atlantas per side... :cap_haloween::cap_rambo:

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I'm not sure how much of a problem even that would be, considering everyone would have the option... I for one do kinda want to see a match on New Dawn with 12 Atlantas per side... :cap_haloween::cap_rambo:

Training room is your friend :Smile_honoring:

Just need to find 24 Atlanta owners on the forum, shouldn't be to hard ;)

Also, as to it being a problem, I think MM will get issues to make games which aren't full of highly specialized ships for the few specific maps they hope to get. Which then find themselves fighting themselves mostly, just like in your Atlanta example ( though I'm not sure if Atlanta is so OP there? Still don't have one... ). 

[NED]
Players
52 posts
14,473 battles

Shooting Icebergs and cliffs would make sense, glad you all agree with me on that point..

And yes seaguls belong to the sea and ships missing out on them and the sounds they make is a really major dissapointment for me regarding the experience playing those "cartoonesque" maps with flat waves and none rolling and rocking ships (well at least the very minimum is there but a touch more would be nicer)

Crap argument btw that seagus ruin your f.. paint what about the enemy shooting your pile of metal to smittereens?

They could add seaguls and the sounds they make and give you the opportunity to wash your ship in port for 1.000.000 credits for those crapping around over their paintjob ;-)

OH AND YES WE ALL WANT MORE OCEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[TRID]
Players
248 posts
4,918 battles
9 minutes ago, SaltyLord said:

Shooting Icebergs and cliffs would make sense, glad you all agree with me on that point..

And yes seaguls belong to the sea and ships missing out on them and the sounds they make is a really major dissapointment for me regarding the experience playing those "cartoonesque" maps with flat waves and none rolling and rocking ships (well at least the very minimum is there but a touch more would be nicer)

Crap argument btw that seagus ruin your f.. paint what about the enemy shooting your pile of metal to smittereens?

They could add seaguls and the sounds they make and give you the opportunity to wash your ship in port for 1.000.000 credits for those crapping around over their paintjob ;-)

OH AND YES WE ALL WANT MORE OCEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad someone got the point of what was said before in this thread!

:cap_book:

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,246 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I wouldn't mind this. I never understand all the complaints about longer wait times in regards to better MM management or in this case perhaps some control over the choice of environment. Plus as you  said a bonus for WG too. Free research.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles
3 hours ago, Nibloke said:

Can you imagion if WG would sell new maps in a bundel. And only the players that bought that bundel would be abel to play on them.

Pipe down lol, last thing we need is sutch ideas given to wg, well, least we now know who to blame if that comes true :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

Players
2,773 posts
17,292 battles

Maps are basically the same now anyway. Very linear with caps and islands around them. Ocean is the only one where gameplay is a bit different.

Wouldn't mind playing old hotspot with disproportionate spawns again. The smaller group could risk joining up with the large fleet, defend or aggressively flank.

Made for some interesting games, too much teamwork for most though (and usually CVs ruined it)

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,862 posts
11,881 battles

I'd like more operations in the rota - we've got less now than before the CV rework!

• Cool 3

Players
1,633 posts
18,230 battles

I would love to see more maps in the rotation and at the very least to get all the scenarios back, it's probably too much to ask for new ones now that all of the Dev team appears to be assigned to the sub project. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,794 posts
19,513 battles
6 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

There was supposed to be something where you could shoot ice bergs or whatever and the would crumble exposing the ship behind that twas using it as cover, no idea what happened to that one

Wasn't that an April Fools' joke? The one where they presented some gigantic heat rays, UFOs and combat dolphins?

• Funny 1

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Wasn't that an April Fools' joke? The one where they presented some gigantic heat rays, UFOs and combat dolphins?

That was a serious announcement, i think last kots.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,794 posts
19,513 battles
2 minutes ago, rnat said:

That was a serious announcement, i think last kots.

Oh. Must have missed/forgotten that. Nevermind then.

Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles

One thing i would like to add concerning maps, make the damn maps not so similar, a map dosent have to be a mirror side, some non mirror maps would be welcome. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Yeah, the “circumstantial” development has crawled to a halt, and it shows, with virtually zero improvements in that framework of WoWS. Sad.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,036 battles
17 hours ago, SaltyLord said:

I would really like to get that map as often I get the maps I hate.

It is such a good map that encourages movement (and it was the most effortless map to be created :cap_haloween:)

[HOO]
Players
1,887 posts
3,707 battles
17 hours ago, SaltyLord said:

Try being a bottom tier cruiser on Ocean. There is no fun in that.

However more maps would be nice, but as you pointed out, they do cost money.