You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major1999

Need the Mutsu a buff ?

42 comments in this topic

Players
139 posts

For me, yes she need a buff, 410mm and 20km are with this ammo useless, the armor is also not perfect to play it as battle cruiser.

What is your opinion to the Mutsu, how do you play it and how successfull are you with it ? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,490 posts
6,082 battles

I dont even own mutsu, but i can tell you where you are going wrong: Dont play her at 20km...

• Cool 16

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

for 8x410mm to be even remotely balanced at T6, she needs to be pretty meh in most other regards... and for some reason or another she also goes 26.5kts at a tier where she meets metric tons of USN Standards plus lotsa other Dreadnoughts, almost all of which are a good bit slower. So no, she doesnt need a buff, even if she's not the easiest ship to play/get the most out of.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,494 battles

Mutsu is absolutely fine, I've quite enjoyed playing her and she is certainly not weak.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,790 posts
7,088 battles

Mutsu is one of the ships that defenetly don't need buffing, she can be pretty devestating on her tier at times. 

Dont play her on max range, and if you can keep a eye on what's going on around you, you'll do good in her. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,727 posts
5,270 battles
2 hours ago, Major1999 said:

For me, yes she need a buff, 410mm and 20km are with this ammo useless, the armor is also not perfect to play it as battle cruiser.

What is your opinion to the Mutsu, how do you play it and how successfull are you with it ? :cap_hmm:

She doesn't need a buff, you aren't playing her correctly. Get in closer than that.

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
7 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

She is fine, has 6k torps and is a brawler around islands.

7km :Smile-_tongue:

5 hours ago, Major1999 said:

Mutsu owner here :Smile_honoring:

I think Mutsu is fine. She eats damage relatively easily and will get eaten alive with any CV present, but otherwise I wouldn't call Mutsu underpowered myself.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,160 posts

I like my Mutsu.

Good guns and if you are under 16km pretty accurate, good number of secondaries with a decent range for Tier 6, 7km torpedoes with a 21 second reload.

AA isn't bad for a IJN Tier 6 BB either...

Haven't played her much but in the battles I have had good WR.

Screenshot (598).png

Screenshot (599).png

Screenshot (600).png

Screenshot (601).png

Screenshot (602).png

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,356 posts
18,418 battles

It‘s hilarious torping DDs that are rushing you. 

• Cool 2

Players
206 posts
6,476 battles

I played some battles, And always fall in tier VIII battles where is useless... Terrible armour, terrible AA, and terrible PEN(shells are worst than Nagato). Even new European Torps gives a ton of damage. And if the CV focus on u. Bye game. The dispersion is quite random. 

• Boring 1

[_OC_]
Players
87 posts
1,131 battles

I think the Mutsu is ok, pretty balanced. As mentioned above, 8 x 410mm guns and torps, she needs to be balanced somehow. Her overmatch potential is high but her WWI era shells have underwhelming penetration. 

Now Ashitaka on the other hand, when was the last time you saw one of them? That's a pretty meh ship.

Players
206 posts
6,476 battles
3 minutes ago, Mastodon2 said:

I think the Mutsu is ok, pretty balanced. As mentioned above, 8 x 410mm guns and torps, she needs to be balanced somehow. Her overmatch potential is high but her WWI era shells have underwhelming penetration. 

Now Ashitaka on the other hand, when was the last time you saw one of them? That's a pretty meh ship.

The only Ashitaka I see in battle is mine. Too huge and too few AA for tier IX battles and that armour. great guns

• Boring 1

Players
1,983 posts
13,026 battles
On 9/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, Major1999 said:

Yes definitely, Mutsuki needs a buff back to Kamikaze level:cap_haloween:

Players
2,809 posts
On 9/29/2019 at 10:26 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

7km

there you go, that fookin explains it.... god darn it :fish_book:

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Mutsu is a murder machine in close combat. Torps reload faster then the main guns and it adds so much damage potential, paired with a secondar specced captain it shredds everything. Just dont try to snipe with it.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,123 posts

I just wish for some opportunities to play Mutsu or all those very nice low to mid tier ships out there... The problem of lack of content (yes content, not ships...) for anything below 8/9 tiers is now getting worse than ever. I especially noticed this in connection with the current 'campaign'.

Sorry for derailment attempt, please feel free to ignore my rant. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

Players
318 posts
10,736 battles

mutsu.thumb.PNG.0f4ab001e60733d6acc1df0b6babb453.PNG mutsu is fine, I would say its strong, your running very good speed for the tier and spicy guns, + some meme torps, sure she is a glass cannon against anything bigger than 380mm, but anything bellow it dumpsters them. 

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

I have pimped her with the torp armament upgrade just for the meme. Torpedo Armament Expertise and Last Stand as captain skills. Feels like a BB with a Minekaze on board. :Smile_veryhappy:

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,546 posts
17,759 battles

Played a few games with Mutsu when WG allowed us to rent some ships for credits, and I didn't feel it needed any help.

[TES6L]
Players
228 posts
11,100 battles

Played 7 battles in Mutsu on rent,averaging 85877 dmg.

She hardly needs a buff.

Players
206 posts
6,476 battles

maybe the problem is that i just ended in mostly tier VIII battles with CV and that makes the ship quite weak. 

• Cool 1