You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Why are DD's so poor these days.

482 comments in this topic

[-LD-]
Players
266 posts
11,035 battles
On 11/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, Molly_Delaney said:

Funny how this happened then:

51990099_DDs4thewin.thumb.png.563cadb5f03e043a57a8b8ca6102c938.png

4 of the top 5 boats on winning team were DDs.:cap_cool:

Guess its not all DDs are bad then...:Smile_veryhappy::cap_popcorn:

If the rest of the team plays passively, then DDs are first to die because they are most vulnerable - if the DD has decent covering fire and survive till the later part of the match while being able to play for objectives, then they can easily finish on top of the xp ranking.

I've seen so many matches when DDs tried their best to play for win but were annihilated in the first five minutes. I'm actually seeing more bad cruisers playing in the back and randomly using their radar when there is obviously nothing in range.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 hour ago, optimal_909 said:

I'm actually seeing more bad cruisers playing in the back and randomly using their radar when there is obviously nothing in range. 

Doesnt surprise me tbh, there have been more and more people complaining about how bad BBs and how OP Cruisers (supposedly) are. Surely cant expect those players to actually be able to play Cruisers in a way, so they would influence the game.

But in a way, i disagree DDs dying early is lack of support, most of the time its the DD being overly aggressive which just ends in a YOLO. If the DD gets spotted by another DD/CV/Radar, you cant expect the enemies not to shoot him, even if you would run with him to the front in your BB/Cruiser.

Short story about that which i remember:

Was a midtier game on Fault line. We told our DD, we will support him in B cap (2 BBs and a Fiji). And we did move right next to B in the middle of the map, because we could. That didnt prevent our DD from rushing and open water gunboating half the enemy fleet. Naturally, they killed him right away, after which the DD complained about our "support" :cap_fainting:

• Funny 1

Players
464 posts
3,992 battles

I see DD's as the most powerful class in the game currently and the class that can by far influence the game outcom the most, thankfully most DD are awful and YOYO early and get themselves killed.

• Cool 2

Players
3,116 posts

Enough players don't really know the language (english) well enough to distinguish or understand support don't mean shield from enemy fire. But it still think it is an unforgiving class for any type of mistake. Rarely you get to unmake a bad move. But with a good DD in game I believe 'everybody profits' so when they are there whole team is pretty relieved :)

[-LD-]
Players
266 posts
11,035 battles
12 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Doesnt surprise me tbh, there have been more and more people complaining about how bad BBs and how OP Cruisers (supposedly) are. Surely cant expect those players to actually be able to play Cruisers in a way, so they would influence the game.

But in a way, i disagree DDs dying early is lack of support, most of the time its the DD being overly aggressive which just ends in a YOLO. If the DD gets spotted by another DD/CV/Radar, you cant expect the enemies not to shoot him, even if you would run with him to the front in your BB/Cruiser.

Short story about that which i remember:

Was a midtier game on Fault line. We told our DD, we will support him in B cap (2 BBs and a Fiji). And we did move right next to B in the middle of the map, because we could. That didnt prevent our DD from rushing and open water gunboating half the enemy fleet. Naturally, they killed him right away, after which the DD complained about our "support" :cap_fainting:

At the end bad players probably spread evenly in all classes.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
91 posts
7,194 battles
15 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

.Short story about that which i remember:

Another short story: in a daring I get into the cap with 2 cruisers teammates saying that they will support (Neptune & Cleveland), now when I get into a cap early game I always pull a u turn so I’m pointing out of the cap (Basically so I can throttle up and gtfo there). Red teams DD yolos into the cap in a straight line (mogador), i see him decide the best thing to do is retreat but keep him spotted so my cruisers can shred him. 

But that’s not what happens, he keeps charging through the cap and eventually spots me (I couldn’t outrun him anyway) I smoke, hydro, turn and open fire. I get two salvos off before he spots me again and I get shredded by 8 ships targeting me. And you may ask about the support I was promised? They were to close to the island to get line of sight on the red DD, but also they were really helping our team by farming damage on a GK at the back of the map (and the Cleveland applauded the Neptune for letting him use his smoke) they were both torpedoed by the magador.

now I know I was unlucky to have so many ships looking my direction when I was spotted and maybe I shouldn’t have trusted the cruisers & checked where they were on the minimap but it does show that even when a DD yolos a cap it’s what the rest of the team does that is important.

And yes we lost that game, and it was all my fault for not dodging 8 salvos of incoming HE.

• Funny 2

Players
3,116 posts
47 minutes ago, Duecut said:

Another short story: in a daring I get into the cap with 2 cruisers teammates saying that they will support (Neptune & Cleveland), now when I get into a cap early game I always pull a u turn so I’m pointing out of the cap (Basically so I can throttle up and gtfo there). Red teams DD yolos into the cap in a straight line (mogador), i see him decide the best thing to do is retreat but keep him spotted so my cruisers can shred him. 

But that’s not what happens, he keeps charging through the cap and eventually spots me (I couldn’t outrun him anyway) I smoke, hydro, turn and open fire. I get two salvos off before he spots me again and I get shredded by 8 ships targeting me. And you may ask about the support I was promised? They were to close to the island to get line of sight on the red DD, but also they were really helping our team by farming damage on a GK at the back of the map (and the Cleveland applauded the Neptune for letting him use his smoke) they were both torpedoed by the magador.

now I know I was unlucky to have so many ships looking my direction when I was spotted and maybe I shouldn’t have trusted the cruisers & checked where they were on the minimap but it does show that even when a DD yolos a cap it’s what the rest of the team does that is important.

And yes we lost that game, and it was all my fault for not dodging 8 salvos of incoming HE.

Sometimes I pat myself on the back for stop playing dds before the Moga's arrived. In the rare case I do now, I haven't faced one and given I'm slow, old school gameplay, it is perhaps for the best. If it is any consolation I hit em as hard as I can in my CVs :)