You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Why are DD's so poor these days.

482 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
8,583 posts
7 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

This.

And if we have 100 CVs in the queue on T4: Fine, lets do some 3vs3 CV only matches. They will see how it feels like, and maybe stop that clubbing :cap_tea:

Agreed if they want a T4 CV match so much let them wait same as with any other class - if there are 2 many on que wait or change ship...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,298 posts
20,495 battles
Vor 11 Stunden, Hugh_Ruka sagte:

I have seen this so many times I lost count. Unless you are in the middle of the team or on the extreme border of the map you are always the first to be spotted since the CV will go to the nearest target he can see anyway and will spot you en route.

Another tipp: The spawn points of DDs are usually mirrored unless there is a DD division somewhere. If I  play CV I  look at my own DDs to know where the enemy DDs start. Just in case you wonder how on earth did the CV know where you are right from the start.

• Cool 2

[-TAL-]
Players
64 posts
16,104 battles

Some many ppl saying DD find cruiser for AA support, stick with the team, do nothing except be a magnet for enemy CV until we lose and you are dead with 0 dmg done.

I say dont bother to find AA support unless you have realy good AA cruiser near by. BBs are ussually at the spawn anyways or too far behind in CV games and grouped together pinging "i need intelegence data". As a DD you have to do things that DD do, if you want to win. If a CV wants you dead you are gone and the only thing you can do is try to play the objective and live as long as you can and make CV deletion of you as hard as posible.

Yesterday i played Duca degli Abruzzi and i was top tier (T7) with a T6 CV game. I followed my DDs to give them AA support and the enemy CV attacked DDs untill they were dead and than came after me. I used all of my AA defensive fires consumables, playing with priority sectors all the time. I have shot down 2 planes for the whole duration of the game. Even a lot of the USN cruisers are helpless.

I think tier for tier the T8 CVs are the strongest looking from surface ship perspective witth shot down planes in mind.

This is not right. WG you have to change this. At least make def AA cons working not useless. 

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
3,072 posts
4,495 battles
9 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Another tipp: The spawn points of DDs are usually mirrored unless there is a DD division somewhere. If I  play CV I  look at my own DDs to know where the enemy DDs start. Just in case you wonder how on earth did the CV know where you are right from the start.

Oh s!!t really ? I did not know that one ... THANKS !!!

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,409 posts
7,401 battles
36 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Oh s!!t really ? I did not know that one ... THANKS !!!

In addition to flying to where the opposite spawn point is, CV path their planes along the straightest route between that spawn and the closest cap. 9/10 times you find a DD that way even with its AA off. Even with their AA off, most DD beeline straight to the nearest cap making them very predicatable.

If you do literally anything other than beeline to the cap for the first 1-2 mins then DD are MUCH harder to find unless the CV is unicum and spends time hunting them

[ALYEN]
Players
3,072 posts
4,495 battles
2 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

In addition to flying to where the opposite spawn point is, CV path their planes along the straightest route between that spawn and the closest cap. 9/10 times you find a DD that way even with its AA off. Even with their AA off, most DD beeline straight to the nearest cap making them very predicatable.

If you do literally anything other than beeline to the cap for the first 1-2 mins then DD are MUCH harder to find unless the CV is unicum and spends time hunting them

that does not matter much anyway, once you step on a cap, any competent CV will now where you are ... so irrelevant anyway ...

[THESO]
Players
8,919 posts
45,340 battles

Many main DD players stopped playing them, they abandoned the game or started to play cruisers. So now we have a bigger probability to get a bad DD in the team. 

• Cool 5

[LUZ1]
Players
2,014 posts
15,801 battles
19 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Many main DD players stopped playing them, they abandoned the game or started to play cruisers. So now we have a bigger probability to get a bad DD in the team. 

I don't really get that. I find DDs the most interesting class to play as it gives you lots of initiative. Sure, one in ten games truly suck because you have a :etc_swear: team, but these games suck anyways.

Players
4,124 posts
14,528 battles
15 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

DON’T TELL THEM OUR CV SECRETS!!

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
8,919 posts
45,340 battles
2 hours ago, Camperdown said:

I don't really get that. I find DDs the most interesting class to play as it gives you lots of initiative. Sure, one in ten games truly suck because you have a :etc_swear: team, but these games suck anyways.

The amount of CVs and the main counter (Worcester and DM) with radar made it hard to play. Now Smolensk can wreck a DD in 20 sec. No matter how much hp it has. Maybe the khab with heal needs bit more time to get devastated by Smol. 

• Cool 3

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,409 posts
7,401 battles
3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

that does not matter much anyway, once you step on a cap, any competent CV will now where you are ... so irrelevant anyway ...

Not really irrelevant. What usually happens is the enemy CV ends up spotting one of the dumber DD that beelined and focusses them. You can use this respite to cap early if you want. Since the enemy DD is going to have just as hard a time capping, and since caps can be contested and flipped anyway then capturing them early isnt hugely crucial - kills are more useful to your team in early game, with caps being used to stop points bleed once the enemy has too few ships to control them properly.

Since planes dont spot torps at all, you can get some good results from torp boats, particularly as players huddle for AA.

If you feel caps are needed because your team is down too much on points, you can wait till the enemy CV is focussed on something at the other side of the map. Few CV drop what they're doing to race to your cap if they're in the middle of something

• Cool 1

[HELLN]
Players
55 posts
11,389 battles

As a DD main, let me post some things because I read way too many uninformed things here.

I actually can't believe that there were people defending this crap that WG has done to the game lately. Smolensk, OP russian ships, radar EVERYWHERE, ridiculous CV gameplay...

The argument that there are counters to X, therefore it's surely balanced is the most idiotic argument one could possibly make about game balance. Especially if said counter requires (more so, demands) player skill instead of something less skillful. For example, radar is a hard counter to DDs. But it doesn't really need player skill beyond some basics that you can't do wrong unless you are completely braindead. Avoiding radar is NOT as easy as activating radar. This requires player skill.

CVs... Don't get me started. The same thing counts when talking about CVs vs DDs. Right now, any CV game is a total mess. They mess with the flow of battle, spot everyone, stay on top of ships for way too long and just a few RNG bombs/rockets can make or break someone's whole game less than 3 minutes into the game. Can this be countered? Of course. Does this makes it balanced? Of course NOT.

Anyone that is playing the last 20 days should have noticed a pattern. Almost all matches (at least 80+% of them), especially those including CVs or even 4+ radar ships on one side, end up with most if not all of the destroyers dead in less than 3-4 minutes and then the rest of the team is hanging up there to dry for another 10 minutes before they lose a very one-sided match. That's it. That's how the matches go right now. Can anyone deny that, it's there, we all see it.

It's not that the DD player population suddenly and collectively dropped their IQ as the OP seems to imply. This is a ridiculous argument to make and doesn't make any sense.
It's about the game balance being shifted to ridiculous combos like CV spotting and spamming rockets with Smolensks that can delete DDs in seconds and other OP Russian ships tanking like crazy, combined with a TON of radar ships running around, completely destroying the rock-paper-scissors balance of the game right now.

To notice it, just go play a DD, any capping DD. Not Kleber, not Harugumo, a CAPPING dd. Just go play it and then come back and tell me that the game is fine. We'll talk. Don't comment if you are playing BBs and get annoying because 'hurr, durr, DDs are crap, they aren't capping for me, they aren't spotting for me, they all die, hurr durr'. DDs want to play the game too. They aren't there for YOUR pleasure and they definitely aren't having fun when they die in less than 3 minutes because a CV plants a plane above them and a Smolensk deletes them in seconds. Or a radar ships spots them and deletes them in seconds. Or a lucky rocket plane takes away half their HP pool less than 2 minutes into the match. or the BB player yelling 'Caaaaap, you idiot dd' on the chat 4 minutes into the match when a sensible DD captain just won't enter a cap to die in seconds....

WG has really destroyed their rock-paper-scissors balancing factor with the latest developments. CV planes need more nerfing against DDs. A CV spamming rocket planes to the same DD for 10 minutes is the most unfun thing I can think of right now. At least nerf the rocket planes somehow. Moreover, way too many Radar ships, especially those in a division who can use radar back to back are also a reason to never bother entering caps. Smolensk in smoke with a radar ship around or a cv spotting DDs is also a good reason to NEVER bother getting into a cap.

There are now so many ways to die in a DD with almost zero counters that's it's not even funny. These latest developments have also made traditional DD counters useless. For example, US smoke. It takes a long time to dissipate but a LONG time to reload. A CV spots me and I'm in a bad spot so a smoke up in a not so optimal position. Now, I've spent my smoke, I'm probably in bad spot so I can't really exploit it offensively and if I'm not on a cap I just have to either sit there twiddling my thumps of get out to do something. Then a DD or the CV spots me again. My smoke has a loooong cooldown. Now. I' dead... Fun, right?
If I sit in the smoke doing nothing, I'm not aiding my team. If I leave the smoke, I'm completely exposed. Not to mention when you use smoke because of a CV, then you get radared a few seconds later. That's also fun.

Are you starting to 'get' why DDs die ridiculously fast right now? Most people don't play DDs and they don't understand why they all die so fast but they also don't want to listen to the reasons why. They feel that it's more logical that DD players have suddenly become stupid rather than the game being horribly shifted against DDs right now...

• Cool 7

[JRM]
Players
8,583 posts
11 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Knowing where you are and doing something about it are two different things as your cv shoud drop the fighters over you so you can cap unless you yolo...

Hint:

If you see that cv didnt drop a fighter cover for you unprompted ask for it and wait, also dont go in cap while he is still doing the inital sweep as the initial spotting of enemy deployment is more important for the battle outcome then babysitting any ship even a dd and it takes up first minute or two of the match and is usually done with RF so he wont have fast planes to overtake enemy RF in getting to you and stop them from raping you...

Players
5,145 posts
21,472 battles

@Bowmangr No question, DD's have many ways to die, but that doesn't mean it is reason to die early. I almost never get killed by radar, and only occasionally get killed by carriers in my DD's. Damaged, yes. Dying early is almost always related to doing something stupid as far as I'm concerned, and that is particularly true in my own dealings. If I die early in a DD it is because I was impatient, careless, rushed, unobservant, distracted or just plain stupid.

It's when playing Battleship or cruiser, and being dependent on DD's to do their job at least half decent, I really notice how completely crap DD players can be. Bad DD play sticks out like a sore thumb and directly impacts the flow of a battle. A bad BB captain only has a slow evolving impact or indirect. It's a generic user error, indeed caused by WG design, because if a DD fails, the whole team gets to play a fair larger price then if a Battleship or cruiser dies, due to their designed role and impact as matches unfold, by design.

But to be fair: a DD dying early can almost always be attributed to misplay in the environment WG designed. Playing DD well takes patience, an observant eye, tactical awareness and a bit of luck and skill. Lack any of those and your chance of dying early increases fairly quickly. It's just the most demanding class. Still doesn't mean it is reason to die early is it?

• Cool 6

[HELLN]
Players
55 posts
11,389 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

@Bowmangr No question, DD's have many ways to die, but that doesn't mean it is reason to die early. I almost never get killed by radar, and only occasionally get killed by carriers in my DD's. Damaged, yes. Dying early is almost always related to doing something stupid as far as I'm concerned, and that is particularly true in my own dealings. If I die early in a DD it is because I was impatient, careless, rushed, unobservant, distracted or just plain stupid.

It's when playing Battleship or cruiser, and being dependent on DD's to do their job at least half decent, I really notice how completely crap DD players can be. Bad DD play sticks out like a sore thumb and directly impacts the flow of a battle. A bad BB captain only has a slow evolving impact or indirect. It's a generic user error, indeed caused by WG design, because if a DD fails, the whole team gets to play a fair larger price then if a Battleship or cruiser dies, due to their designed role and impact as matches unfold, by design.

But to be fair: a DD dying early can almost always be attributed to misplay in the environment WG designed. Playing DD well takes patience, an observant eye, tactical awareness and a bit of luck and skill. Lack any of those and your chance of dying early increases fairly quickly. It's just the most demanding class. Still doesn't mean it is reason to die early is it?

I agree. Tell that to the idiots that are throwing negative reports on me every time I'm not entering the cap after less than 3 minutes into the match... then posting on chat 'idiot DD' 'l2p', 'spoooooot', 'caaap' or spamming the 'I need intelligence data' like crazy while comfortably hiding behind an island.

People in DDs dying early nowadays is NOT because they have become suddenly stupid, it's because DDs USED to be able to cap early and now they can't. Some people who aren't DD mains, still don't know that. They get their trusty DD to change up their gameplay a bit and they do the obvious thing to do, a thing that they've always done, go cap. Which let me remind you, used to be the norm for what, 3-4 years now? Then they die....

If you don't enter the cap, you are subject to bullying and toxic behavior from the (usually a BB captain that hasn't touched a DD beyond 5 matches, but not always) 'special' teammates who think that BBs are what it's all about and DDs are there just to cap and spot for them. The average player doesn't understand that matches are won or lost from DDs, not BBs.

This is not fun. Either subject yourself to extreme danger in order to cap or stay back and get bullied by your own team. It's not fun to spot, avoid CV planes, not get good torp angles because of it, avoid Smolensk, don't get outspotted, try to eventually cap later, don't get radared, don't catch a stray blind torp, try to chase torp dds while not dying yourself and after all that having to read idiotic comments on chat about how you didn't do X, you didn't do Y from people who have OBVIOUSLY zero DD experience. A BB captain yelling at a DD for not doing their job is not so obvious as you state. There are multiple instances where BB captains ask completely ridiculous things from DD players. Instead of trying to protect their DDs because they are the ones who will win the match, they ask them to go cap this, spot that and they don't care if they die because in their own mind, the BB carries the battle. Which is stupid and a surefire way to lose the match.

I'm trying to be aggressive in my DD, that's my playstyle as a person. But with the current game environment, being aggressive in a DD is suicidal unless you get a perfect composition of supporting ships (radar ships, a CV that tries to help with AA/spotting). In all other cases you are better off staying back, playing defensive and get yelled at. Both situations aren't healthy for the game IMO. Something needs to be done or the game will bleed players constantly when they get frustrated and finally decide to uninstall.

• Cool 6

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,062 battles
1 minute ago, Bowmangr said:

I agree. Tell that to the idiots that are throwing negative reports on me every time I'm not entering the cap after less than 3 minutes into the match... then posting on chat 'idiot DD' 'l2p', 'spoooooot', 'caaap' or spamming the 'I need intelligence data' like crazy while comfortably hiding behind an island.

People in DDs dying early nowadays is NOT because they have become suddenly stupid, it's because DDs USED to be able to cap early and now they can't. Some people who aren't DD mains, still don't know that. They get their trusty DD to change up their gameplay a bit and they do the obvious thing to do, a thing that they've always done, go cap. Which let me remind you, used to be the norm for what, 3-4 years now? Then they die....

If you don't enter the cap, you are subject to bullying and toxic behavior from the (usually a BB captain that hasn't touched a DD beyond 5 matches, but not always) 'special' teammates who think that BBs are what it's all about and DDs are there just to cap and spot for them. The average player doesn't understand that matches are won or lost from DDs, not BBs.

This is not fun. Either subject yourself to extreme danger in order to cap or stay back and get bullied by your own team. It's not fun to spot, avoid CV planes, not get good torp angles because of it, avoid Smolensk, don't get outspotted, try to eventually cap later, don't get radared, don't catch a stray blind torp, try to chase torp dds while not dying yourself and after all that having to read idiotic comments on chat about how you didn't do X, you didn't do Y from people who have OBVIOUSLY zero DD experience. A BB captain yelling at a DD for not doing their job is not so obvious as you state. There are multiple instances where BB captains ask completely ridiculous things from DD players. Instead of trying to protect their DDs because they are the ones who will win the match, they ask them to go cap this, spot that and they don't care if they die because in their own mind, the BB carries the battle. Which is stupid and a surefire way to lose the match.

I'm trying to be aggressive in my DD, that's my playstyle as a person. But with the current game environment, being aggressive in a DD is suicidal unless you get a perfect composition of supporting ships (radar ships, a CV that tries to help with AA/spotting). In all other cases you are better off staying back, playing defensive and get yelled at. Both situations aren't healthy for the game IMO. Something needs to be done or the game will bleed players constantly when they get frustrated and finally decide to uninstall.

So true @Bowmangr  that sh1t makes me nuts when I am trying to out wit the red.

I like to know where, or have some idea what I am facing, with the reds before I get into fighting them, like wise if your dd can not hurt that nasty BB why the hell are you opening fire on it and giving your position away, when your torps are " not up ", you will be a lot of help to your team !!! 

May be I am wrong ~~~ 

• Cool 1

Players
5,145 posts
21,472 battles
2 minutes ago, Bowmangr said:

I understand your predicament, but GTFO random internet people that know better: if you are good and confident in what you do F 'em. Disable their chat, carry on. Don't even give them the honor by trying to explain anything. You are not oblidged to. There is a difference in being agressive and having a deathwish though. Agression can be applied when conditions are met, if they aren't, hold back and change plans. Bite your tongue, mute the idiots, move to a different flank and be agressive there.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
8,583 posts
15 minutes ago, Bowmangr said:

The sooner you learn not to pay attention to Karma number or random chat comments the better for your mental health...

• Cool 3

[LUZ1]
Players
2,014 posts
15,801 battles
1 hour ago, Bowmangr said:

I agree on most of what you say, except that it's not fun. I relish the challenge and excitement! Yeah I sometimes die early, but not even that often. Yep I lose hp early in the game. And hell yeah, I get frustrated with noob teams giving no support. But playing DDs is imo the best game in town, so I suffer the rest gladly.

• Cool 1

Players
4,828 posts
7,730 battles
1 hour ago, Europizza said:

random internet people that know better: if you are good and confident in what you do F 'em

It's all well and good saying that, but a lot of players are going to be put off by it and leave the class, and if it's good cautious play that's driving the abuse then what you're left with is players who do exactly what they're "supposed to do" and get killed in the first 5 minutes.

[HELLN]
Players
55 posts
11,389 battles
2 hours ago, Europizza said:

I understand your predicament, but GTFO random internet people that know better: if you are good and confident in what you do F 'em. Disable their chat, carry on. Don't even give them the honor by trying to explain anything. You are not oblidged to. There is a difference in being agressive and having a deathwish though. Agression can be applied when conditions are met, if they aren't, hold back and change plans. Bite your tongue, mute the idiots, move to a different flank and be agressive there.

I agree on all your points. But muting people is not my mentality when I play an online game. I've only blacklisted complete and utter idiots who wrote things beyond what a normal person would write if he/she was angry or frustrated. My blacklist has ~5 people after 4 years of playing the game.

I'm here to have a good time. Right now I'm not having a good time because the game's meta is pushing me to do things that I don't want to do for starters and then as an insult to injury I have to read utter garbage on the chat about the same playstyle that I'm forced to play.

This is not fun for me and I believe for the majority of players. I still haven't reached my breaking point but I'm close. What grinds my gears is that WG hasn't even stated a single comment about changing things in the future. At least tell us that they are aware of the issue. This complete radio silence about CVs and DD gameplay, Smolensk 'easy mode' crutch ships etc. is very annoying and frankly disappointing. I'm getting close to uninstalling the game...

Players
6,338 posts
12,895 battles
6 hours ago, Bowmangr said:

9 hours ago, Bowmangr said:

As a DD main, let me post some things because I read way too many uninformed things here.

I actually can't believe that there were people defending this crap that WG has done to the game lately. Smolensk, OP russian ships, radar EVERYWHERE, ridiculous CV gameplay...

The argument that there are counters to X, therefore it's surely balanced is the most idiotic argument one could possibly make about game balance. Especially if said counter requires (more so, demands) player skill instead of something less skillful. For example, radar is a hard counter to DDs. But it doesn't really need player skill beyond some basics that you can't do wrong unless you are completely braindead. Avoiding radar is NOT as easy as activating radar. This requires player skill.

CVs... Don't get me started. The same thing counts when talking about CVs vs DDs. Right now, any CV game is a total mess. They mess with the flow of battle, spot everyone, stay on top of ships for way too long and just a few RNG bombs/rockets can make or break someone's whole game less than 3 minutes into the game. Can this be countered? Of course. Does this makes it balanced? Of course NOT.

Anyone that is playing the last 20 days should have noticed a pattern. Almost all matches (at least 80+% of them), especially those including CVs or even 4+ radar ships on one side, end up with most if not all of the destroyers dead in less than 3-4 minutes and then the rest of the team is hanging up there to dry for another 10 minutes before they lose a very one-sided match. That's it. That's how the matches go right now. Can anyone deny that, it's there, we all see it.

It's not that the DD player population suddenly and collectively dropped their IQ as the OP seems to imply. This is a ridiculous argument to make and doesn't make any sense.
It's about the game balance being shifted to ridiculous combos like CV spotting and spamming rockets with Smolensks that can delete DDs in seconds and other OP Russian ships tanking like crazy, combined with a TON of radar ships running around, completely destroying the rock-paper-scissors balance of the game right now.

To notice it, just go play a DD, any capping DD. Not Kleber, not Harugumo, a CAPPING dd. Just go play it and then come back and tell me that the game is fine. We'll talk. Don't comment if you are playing BBs and get annoying because 'hurr, durr, DDs are crap, they aren't capping for me, they aren't spotting for me, they all die, hurr durr'. DDs want to play the game too. They aren't there for YOUR pleasure and they definitely aren't having fun when they die in less than 3 minutes because a CV plants a plane above them and a Smolensk deletes them in seconds. Or a radar ships spots them and deletes them in seconds. Or a lucky rocket plane takes away half their HP pool less than 2 minutes into the match. or the BB player yelling 'Caaaaap, you idiot dd' on the chat 4 minutes into the match when a sensible DD captain just won't enter a cap to die in seconds....

WG has really destroyed their rock-paper-scissors balancing factor with the latest developments. CV planes need more nerfing against DDs. A CV spamming rocket planes to the same DD for 10 minutes is the most unfun thing I can think of right now. At least nerf the rocket planes somehow. Moreover, way too many Radar ships, especially those in a division who can use radar back to back are also a reason to never bother entering caps. Smolensk in smoke with a radar ship around or a cv spotting DDs is also a good reason to NEVER bother getting into a cap.

There are now so many ways to die in a DD with almost zero counters that's it's not even funny. These latest developments have also made traditional DD counters useless. For example, US smoke. It takes a long time to dissipate but a LONG time to reload. A CV spots me and I'm in a bad spot so a smoke up in a not so optimal position. Now, I've spent my smoke, I'm probably in bad spot so I can't really exploit it offensively and if I'm not on a cap I just have to either sit there twiddling my thumps of get out to do something. Then a DD or the CV spots me again. My smoke has a loooong cooldown. Now. I' dead... Fun, right?
If I sit in the smoke doing nothing, I'm not aiding my team. If I leave the smoke, I'm completely exposed. Not to mention when you use smoke because of a CV, then you get radared a few seconds later. That's also fun.

Are you starting to 'get' why DDs die ridiculously fast right now? Most people don't play DDs and they don't understand why they all die so fast but they also don't want to listen to the reasons why. They feel that it's more logical that DD players have suddenly become stupid rather than the game being horribly shifted against DDs right now...

You've played literally one ship at or above tier 8 that isn't a DD. ONE ship. And only the Bismarck.

Do you even play any radar ships? Learn to play them so you will know how to counter them.

And your rant about BB players that played only 5 battles in a DD, what? How is ranting gonna help you?

If you wanna rant about BBs, go create another topic instead, there's plenty of topics findable by the search option "bbaby", the ranting part seems to mean you'll fit right in with the rest of that lot.

But your point about radar everywhere? Nah, you simply don't know how to play radar. Let alone how to counter them.

If you get radared all the time it means you're playing it wrong.

And yes. The average DD player is really that bad these days.

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
6 hours ago, Bowmangr said:

In these situations a little communication goes a long way. Just type in chat "Chill, Winston, I'll cap when it's safe. Get rid of the rocket planes for me and I'll be on the cap like a priest on a choirboy".

• Funny 4

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
10 hours ago, Bowmangr said:

Rant

I am with you on nerfing CV rockets.

I play the Kaga at the moment, and her rockets suck. They do 1500 damage on average to a DD, and maybe 3000 with a good hit, but that's not the rule (of maybe I just can't aim, who knows ;).

That is actually enough damage to distract a single capping DD and make it change its course, but it's usually not worth it to target it again and again, because you need to hit those BBs as well and do some real damage for the team.

You can disturb a DD and make him change his strategy, but not totally obliterate him without losing out yourself, and as a DD player, I think this is a fair deal.

CVs with stronger rockets, who can delete or cripple a DD in 1 or 2 runs are detrimental to the game and only create frustrated players, in my opinion, and their effectivity against destroyers should be further tweaked. Bombs tend to require a little more skill, so I am fine with them.

Radar, I think, is avoidable. Sure, there are those games where 3 or 4 radar cruisers perma spot you, no matter how careful you are, but those are rare, in my experience.

And cruisers are in a bad spot in general, I think. They are often difficult to play in the current meta, and they should keep the few benefits they got, imho. And yes, there are still many cruisers in the game, that aren't just a "win game" button, and require actual skill to get anywhere with them. ;)

• Cool 2

Players
6,338 posts
12,895 battles
37 minutes ago, genosse said:

And cruisers are in a bad spot in general, I think. They are often difficult to play in the current meta, and they should keep the few benefits they got, imho. And yes, there are still many cruisers in the game, that aren't just a "win game" button, and require actual skill to get anywhere with them. ;)

So much this :Smile_great:

• Cool 3