Poulakiou

Unable to play - Crashes

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
970 battles

Hello everyone. I have just returned to the game after 2 years and I am experiencing game crashes that make the game unplayable for me.

My computer is brand new, ryzen 3700x, Gigabyte 5700xt, asus x570-P and so on. The temperatures are max 50 degrees so I dont know what is wrong and I keep getting crashes.

Can anyone help?

7 answers to this question

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

I am running on very old hardware compared with you guys ( HD7850 2gb i7 3770 ) and I can run at normal setting ( high/very high with 1080p resolution ). 

When I had crashes ( and I did, pretty often last few weeks ) they turned out to be caused by my camouflage replacement pack from the WG Modstation. Removing the historical camouflage modification solved my crashes, haven't had one since. 

My crashes were occurring at two spots, in game with a critical error popup, and right after a game would end before the result screen should be loaded. Both crashes did not resurface after removing that particular modification. 

• Cool 2

Players
2 posts
970 battles

For me the crash always occurs when I am inside the map, usually a few seconds after the match starts... I have everything set to max graphics since the hardware can sustain it.

I don't get a critical error, it is a total freeze of the pc and the only way to recover is to reset the pc.. This only happens with WoW, not with WoT or other fps demanding games.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

I hope you already filed a support ticket? 

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/my-tickets/

They are qualified to help you, all forum can do is give some common advice. They will ask you to run a diagnostic and attach the report to the ticket, they should have enough information then to help you I hope. You're btw the second person I see writing on the forum about issues with a 5700xt. 

[RBMF]
846 posts
7,241 battles

Not giving us crash logs or contacting support results in not really being able to help you. If your PC is freezing up entirely, it generally points to a system error rather than wows error. The error may be as a result of running WoWS, but that doesn't mean the problem lies there. New computer, so I'm assuming all your drivers, BIOS and software are all up to date with stable versions? Get us some crash logs and contact support, if you can give them all the information they need it will be resolved quickly.

A good idea is to note the time of the crash and when you get back in check your event viewer at the recorded timestamp, they can give you some clues.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/

Good luck.

[RBMF]
846 posts
7,241 battles

Moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

Regards,

Minia

Players
45 posts
7,526 battles

well, since the last major patch, im getting crashes every time i play. Started with 1-2 crashes a week and toda yi had 5 criticals while clkan battles. Most times i get a crash report and i did send 30 (3 tickets) of those to support, but i got the same answer 3 times, which did not help at all (basically they say use check.exe - which i cant due to the fact that i play over steam- or check files over steam - which i did- or reinstall - which i did) . I figured by now, that it might be connected to  the browser pluggin in the game (chromium embeded blabla), since i cant run chrome while playing (chrome pluggins crash, chrome itself crashes or the game and chrome crash).  By now the game pretty much became unplayable.