You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
seXikanac

What are the best DDs for next tactic

39 comments in this topic

[K_T_J]
Players
123 posts
2,974 battles

I like to play DDs as my games don't last too long and it's not boring as playing with slower ships. So I would just go straight at the enemy, shooting my guns and trying to evade his salvos, when I come close (less than 3 km) I would move sideways and fire my torpedoes and than run while I fire more guns. So what DD nation line is the best for this tactic?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 10

Players
2,178 posts
4,219 battles

Besides that your tactic is exactly what DDs shouldn't do (you should also spot targets and contest caps). I'm suggesting you the Russian DD line, as they have short range torpedoes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MS--B]
Alpha Tester
1,091 posts
34,235 battles
15 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

I like to play DDs as my games don't last too long and it's not boring as playing with slower ships. So I would just go straight at the enemy, shooting my guns and trying to evade his salvos, when I come close (less than 3 km) I would move sideways and fire my torpedoes and than run while I fire more guns. So what DD nation line is the best for this tactic?

Shimakaze with F3 torps but in co-op !!   Dont try this in random :etc_red_button:    My personal best it's 1037 base XP in co-op  :crab:

shot-19_09.07_16_06.11-0049.thumb.jpg.3e3ed1aea6a1b060457d31f3fa8f494d.jpg

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
7,675 posts
16,313 battles
37 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

I like to play DDs as my games don't last too long

If you're dying quickly in DD games, you may well be doing it wrong (says he who often dies too early too): although it's fun to charge the enemy with a view to beating him to death with his own shoes, you aren't helping your team much by doing so.

If you can stay alive longer, you have a greater chance of being able to help win the vision battle, bag late caps, finish off wounded ships, and so on; generally, the team which loses all its DDs early will probably lose the game.

That's not to say that you should hide on the periphery of the battle spamming torps, but rather that you should chose your moments to break stealth carefully - it is often the case that more valuable (to your team) play doesn't necessarily involve your doing damage the whole time.

Very aggressive DD play can be a hoot, but often will harm your team in PvP modes. As others have said, Coop can be glorious for this sort of thing (take mostly basic consumables as that reduces the cost in silver), so perhaps use that to get your 'fix', and try and play more conservatively in PvP (and Ops).

• Cool 4

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles

if you do want to do this in randoms - grab a Clemson and stick with it. You're not gonna get anything better suited for the job further up anyway...

2x3 launchers on both sides, reasonably fast especially for its tier, small target, very good firepower to kill enemy DDs with - and most importantly, you're at T4 so you have "protected matchmaking" including smaller maps (the fact that it's currently more of a shark tank full of Hoshos notwithstanding).

• Cool 5

[SM0KE]
Players
7,675 posts
16,313 battles
53 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

So what DD nation line is the best for this tactic?

The T7 IJN 'dakka line' DD, with TRB build is hilarious for this sort of thing, BTW.

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
747 posts
5,835 battles
1 hour ago, seXikanac said:

So what DD nation line is the best for this tactic?

Frenchies , Us or RN  can go like that , could pick up the premium Haida . 

• Cool 1

[K_T_J]
Players
123 posts
2,974 battles
1 hour ago, Kenjiro_ said:

Pretty much all of them. In co-op

Why co-op?

1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Besides that your tactic is exactly what DDs shouldn't do (you should also spot targets and contest caps). I'm suggesting you the Russian DD line, as they have short range torpedoes.

I do that sometimes, but this is more fun :D Its not about short range torpedoes, its more about lot of HP, fast and deadly torpedoes

47 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

If you're dying quickly in DD games, you may well be doing it wrong (says he who often dies too early too): although it's fun to charge the enemy with a view to beating him to death with his own shoes, you aren't helping your team much by doing so.

If you can stay alive longer, you have a greater chance of being able to help win the vision battle, bag late caps, finish off wounded ships, and so on; generally, the team which loses all its DDs early will probably lose the game.

That's not to say that you should hide on the periphery of the battle spamming torps, but rather that you should chose your moments to break stealth carefully - it is often the case that more valuable (to your team) play doesn't necessarily involve your doing damage the whole time.

Very aggressive DD play can be a hoot, but often will harm your team in PvP modes. As others have said, Coop can be glorious for this sort of thing (take mostly basic consumables as that reduces the cost in silver), so perhaps use that to get your 'fix', and try and play more conservatively in PvP (and Ops).

Well I play how I like it, not how Im supposed to. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 2

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
Just now, seXikanac said:

Well I play how I like it, not how Im supposed to. 

Well, Ill remember that once Ill visit your home and Ill have to take a dump.

• Funny 6

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,242 posts
21,945 battles

How ironic that there is a thread right next to this one attempting to explain why WoWs creates toxicity.

Because this one basically sums it up in a short and concise manner.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, Orcinus1 said:

The best dd in the game for random, IMHO by a long long way is :- 

Atleast BBs would have fun if he yolos in with a Harugumo :Smile_teethhappy:

6 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Why co-op?

Because if you play the way you say you do, your team will hate you? And in coop this would actually work so...

• Cool 3

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,053 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes they can have a nice laugh back in there ports over a " stiff pink gin " :Smile_teethhappy:

image.thumb.png.bc935e00f77b823848e85428154c35c8.png

[-TPF-]
Players
5,013 posts
20,465 battles

British ones. You'll like Valkyrie, and Tier III is great for zooming around shooting things without any particular regard to tactics (although you should try and learn if you want to progress up the Tiers). At low Tiers you have lots of choice, though - Japanese, American, Russian ones are all fun to play.

[K_T_J]
Players
123 posts
2,974 battles
26 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Well, Ill remember that once Ill visit your home and Ill have to take a dump.

Reported

21 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

How ironic that there is a thread right next to this one attempting to explain why WoWs creates toxicity.

Because this one basically sums it up in a short and concise manner.

Do you play the games to do chores or to have fun? In random games I NEVER rely on team mates. If they support, great. If they dont, well it was expected. When ever I counted on team in WoWS or WoT, I got obliterated.

20 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Because if you play the way you say you do, your team will hate you? And in coop this would actually work so...

What issue with that Hargumo? It does work in randoms like 50% of the time but it more often work in lower tires than in higher. Hence shorter match times :D

• Bad 4

[K_T_J]
Players
123 posts
2,974 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

British ones. You'll like Valkyrie, and Tier III is great for zooming around shooting things without any particular regard to tactics (although you should try and learn if you want to progress up the Tiers). At low Tiers you have lots of choice, though - Japanese, American, Russian ones are all fun to play.

Yeah, Valkyrie is surprisingly fun

[-TPF-]
Players
5,013 posts
20,465 battles

You may have already got higher tier ships.... but I think that Tier III/IV is about as high as you can get with YOLO tactics. Sometimes it works at higher tiers with very fast ships, but most times you'll just get shredded and die, much to everyone's annoyance. You could try the big Russian destroyer, Okhotnik, as she has the firepower to make that sort of run worthwhile, at a Tier where it can work (ish, and probably only once per game).

• Cool 1

Players
8,474 posts
9,402 battles
15 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

Yes they can have a nice laugh back in there ports over a " stiff pink gin " :Smile_teethhappy:

image.thumb.png.bc935e00f77b823848e85428154c35c8.png

Till you get fullpenned by BBs in your lumbering DD and die.

3 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

What issue with that Hargumo? It does work in randoms like 50% of the time. Hence shorter match times :D

The thing I pointed out above.

5 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Do you play the games to do chores or to have fun? In random games I NEVER rely on team mates. If they support, great. If they dont, well it was expected. When ever I counted on team in WoWS or WoT, I got obliterated.

If you just don't give a damn about team and want to yolo, play coop. Because you can't go and say "i cannot rely on team" in a thread where you openly disregard your team. At least try to do it in a battle type where you aren't screwing over 11 other players hard.

Also, french DDs are likely the ones most suited to yolo rushes as described, due to:

• High speed
  • special saturation mechanics
  • short-ranged high speed high damage torps
  • Cool 2

[BANCV]
Players
57 posts
10,287 battles
4 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Reported

What issue with that Hargumo? It does work in randoms like 50% of the time. Hence shorter match times :D

Exactly people who play like you are the reason why others don't count on team mates. The ''fast playstyle'' you are talking about is completely useless. You know you can also be useful as DD and not die in the first 5 minutes of the match right? You are the problem not your team.

Reconsider your ''play style'' and you might improve. But reading your comments show me this is a lost case.

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,237 posts
10,706 battles
5 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

Fun for me in this game is winning and actually grabbing a decent result. If all you want to do is to yolo ships and pump them full of torpedoes then play coop, because in that mode it actually works. The reason you get obliterated is because you try to pull of suicide tactics against people with more than one braincell and thus throw away one of your teams DD's and contributing heavily to the loss.

Alternatively stick to tier 2-3, because from what I can gather the gameplay down there is just the same as coop.

• Cool 4

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
Just now, Cagliostro_chan said:

If you just don't give a damn about team and want to yolo, play coop. Because you can't go and say "i cannot rely on team" in a thread where you openly disregard your team.

You honestly think, he understands how flawd his "logic" is?

• Cool 2