Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tyrendian89

WG marketing team is getting creative...

66 comments in this topic

[TTT]
Players
4,568 posts
8,062 battles

Not really the appropriate forum section, but I dont see a better one and this is the closest one to a "General Purpose" we have, so what the heck :Smile_teethhappy:

Just got an email from the WG marketing team about all the premiums they introduced to the Armoury for dubloons with 0.8.8 (which I really like by the way!), and spotted this little gem...

6U8ECWG.png

Also noteworthy is the listed price for the Massachusetts... wasnt there some law that meant you could lay claim to an item for whatever price it was labeled/advertised at, even if that had been done erroneously? I dont have a Massa yet, and that's a price I might be willing to pay for it... :Smile_coin:

€dit: having actually checked the Armoury now, turns out 13050 is the correct price for Massa, and 7100 is the cost of a PEF... so yeah, bit of a mixup eh? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 10

Beta Tester
882 posts
2,680 battles

I’m more interested in the reducing the cost of doubloons by 30%, it still seems to be the same...

i have a stockpile but still...

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,166 posts
6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Just got an email from the WG marketing team about all the premiums they introduced to the Armoury for dubloons with 0.8.8 (which I really like by the way!), and spotted this little gem...

I wonder where to find the doubloons with 30% off...

• Cool 2

Players
4,370 posts
7,987 battles
10 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I’m more interested in the reducing the cost of doubloons by 30%, it still seems to be the same...

Might be a personal offer?

Players
2,042 posts
12,975 battles

Got the same offer with the same error in the Email.

The price of doubloons has been reduced by almost 30%

I wonder where to find the doubloons with 30% off in the armory

Or is that bad grammar and they mean ships with 30% of doubloon price? (none of those available either)

image.thumb.png.a474ee9b70e98429836a8a714c38c794.png

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles

Same mail, same "The price of doubloons has been reduced by almost 30%":Smile_smile:

"price of doubloons reduced by 30%" and "25% coupon added for premium ships in armory" are not the same, regardless what spreadshiet says.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,691 posts
27,578 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Same mail, same "The price of doubloons has been reduced by almost 30%":Smile_smile:

"price of doubloons reduced by 30%" and "25% coupon added for premium ships in armory" are not the same, regardless what spreadshiet says.

Don't know where they find the doubloons price reduced by nearly 30% 30.500 Doubloons cost the same as last year and the year before that.

[HOO]
Players
1,508 posts
3,027 battles
33 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Not really the appropriate forum section, but I dont see a better one and this is the closest one to a "General Purpose" we have, so what the heck :Smile_teethhappy:

6U8ECWG.png

Also noteworthy is the listed price for the Massachusetts... wasnt there some law that meant you could lay claim to an item for whatever price it was labeled/advertised at, even if that had been done erroneously? I dont have a Massa yet, and that's a price I might be willing to pay for it... :Smile_coin:

€dit: having actually checked the Armoury now, turns out 13050 is the correct price for Massa, and 7100 is the cost of a PEF... so yeah, bit of a mixup eh? :Smile_teethhappy:

Actually under EU marketing laws, that's a targeted email to you with a specific offer. You may have them by the short and curlies if you demand Massy for the price 'advertised'. I'm sure I've seen screw ups like that in the news where the retailer has been forced to deliver. But virtual goods I'm not sure about.

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
Players
374 posts
14,714 battles
2 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Actually under EU marketing laws, that's a targeted email to you with a specific offer. You may have them by the short and curlies if you demand Massy for the price 'advertised'. I'm sure I've seen screw ups like that in the news where the retailer has been forced to deliver. But virtual goods I'm not sure about.

i looked at the mail and was going to buy massa too for that price but it seems it was just a clever marketing hoax.

Very creative WG, good way to create more good will. 

[TTT]
Players
4,568 posts
8,062 battles
16 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Guess they moved the balance team over to the marketing department. They filled in the "correct" numbers.

I mean, their proverbial spreadsheets told them PEF was a good ship... maybe not such a surprise those spreadsheets also suggested this price for it... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
3,657 posts
245 battles

wait.

when the hell did the PEF become a tier 8?

did i miss something?

why is the lenin cheaper?

wat.thumb.png.376cabbb44ac84525fe8e3b5b24ddd16.png

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,845 posts
9,998 battles
53 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I mean, their proverbial spreadsheets told them PEF was a good ship... maybe not such a surprise those spreadsheets also suggested this price for it... :Smile_trollface:

They have you talking about the offers on public forums to influence others to buy digital goods "on sale", so either way, slam dunk for them.

Beta Tester
4,672 posts
20,298 battles

I think they have just moved the geniuses from the "CV rework" department to the "Marketing" department... :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 8

Players
243 posts

Same email, just spent a little while looking for the magically reduced Doubloons....and nothing. Between legends fleecing players and stuff like this it is quite disappointing. 

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles

Speaking of this glorious offer, where I can get Massachusetts classified as cruiser MM wise?:cap_hmm:

I'll pass on Cossack, tribal class cruiser tho

• Cool 2

Players
149 posts

So where are we on this?

I asked them via email replay to show me where to buy those discounted doubloons, they have not replied yet.

Next step, customer service, this is a legally binding offer and we should not let them off the hook.

• Funny 1

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,377 posts
3,932 battles
On 9/27/2019 at 8:34 PM, black_falcon120 said:

@MrConway @Crysantos Any details about the 30% discount on dubloons? 

I think the Problem is actually a Misundestanding.

There was 2 Discounts.

They Seperated Premium Ships and Freemium Ships. So Doubloon Ships got their own Section now. And Coal/Steel etc Ships have a different one.

With that they also made a New Coupon. Which gives you 25% Discount on Premium Ships you Buy for Doubloons. I actually used mine to Buy the Roma due to which mine is on Cooldown until March 2020 :)

There was a 30% Discount not on Doubloon Cost on Buying a Ship. But on Buying Doubloons itself.

That one could be Redeemed under Coupons in the Premium Shop not in the Armory.

But I am pretty sure that one was Time Limited. So I am not sure if its still there.

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles
18 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

There was a 30% Discount not on Doubloon Cost on Buying a Ship. But on Buying Doubloons itself.

That one could be Redeemed under Coupons in the Premium Shop not in the Armory.

But I am pretty sure that one was Time Limited. So I am not sure if its still there.

Store Coupon could be used for other goods than doubloons alone.

And then, when you want to advertise to everyone coupon is available, it would be a decent-ish idea to do so earlier than week after it expires:cap_book:

Players
149 posts
Vor 23 Minuten, Sunleader sagte:

I think the Problem is actually a Misundestanding.

That is Wargaming's problem, not the customers'.

Wargaming clearly, and in a legally binding manner, advertised a 30% blanket discount on doubloons and they are legally obliged to make good on it.

This is the EU, not the Wild West.

Players
657 posts
8,711 battles

I think the deal on the Massachussets is probably not going to happen. That could be seen as a genuine pricing error (i could explain that for WG in two easy arguments). 
The 30% discount on doubloons seems different to me, and i am inclined to believe that this offer should have been available. Since i bought doubloons yesterday, i have submitted a ticket for information on the topic. 

[INTRO]
Players
374 posts
14,714 battles
1 minute ago, SlightlyOff said:

That is Wargaming's problem, not the customers'.

Wargaming clearly, and in a legally binding manner, advertised a 30% blanket discount on doubloons and they are legally obliged to make good on it.

This is the EU, not the Wild West.

Bit off that they haven't replied by now. Would have cut them slack had they done so. Just reading the relevant legals now. Certainly ASA or FTC would deem that a breach, will mail both of them to get advice as to who's jurisdiction this falls under. Silence WG, is not always the best policy. 

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,377 posts
3,932 battles
8 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Store Coupon could be used for other goods than doubloons alone.

And then, when you want to advertise to everyone coupon is available, it would be a decent-ish idea to do so earlier than week after it expires:cap_book:

Well. For me it Worked. So I am not Complaining.

But its also Possible that the Email means the General Price Reduction.

A Few Months Ago a Package of 5500 Doubloons cost 20 Euro. Now its 18 Euro. So Reduced by 10%

Its possible that the Higher Packages have been Reduced by 30% in General. Because the Big Package with 14k Doubloons is now below 50 Euro and I think it was way above 50 Euro before.

So maybe its not a Coupon but a Permanent Decrease in Price. And they (as is Typical for Companies) Advertised the Decrease on the Biggest Package.

If someone would happen to know the Old Prices maybe he could Answer this ?

Which by the way does not Change the 25% Coupon for Doubloon Ships which does not Expire and which you can use :P

Sign in to follow this