Jump to content
WG_Lumberjack

PTS - General feedback

91 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles

Dear Captains,
 

The beginning of the Italian updates cycle, a Halloween-themed game mode with several teams in a battle, and a new type of permanent camouflage!

These and many other things await you in the Public Test of Update 0.8.9.
 

IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Some changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.
 

Italian Cruisers ● Halloween ● Camouflage Patterns ● Technical Improvements

 

The beginning of the Italian updates cycle, a Halloween-themed game mode with several teams in each battle, and new permanent camouflages! These and many other things await you in the Public Test of Update 0.8.9. Read the Developer Bulletin and join the test!

 

Round 1 Schedule

Starts Thu. 26 Sep. 18:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 26 Sep. 18:30
Ends Mon. 30 Sep. 17:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Mon. 30 Sep. 17:30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MPT]
Players
29 posts
10,962 battles

Okay, WTF?!
My autumn season insane grind-fest progress is gone down the toilet.
What the hell WG?!?!?!?!???!

What is this? Why?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
16 posts
9,978 battles
7 minutes ago, LaSLauG said:

Okay, WTF?!
My autumn season insane grind-fest progress is gone down the toilet.
What the hell WG?!?!?!?!???!

What is this? Why?

Same problem here ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2 posts
4,898 battles
12 minuti fa, LaSLauG ha scritto:

Okay, WTF?!
My autumn season insane grind-fest progress is gone down the toilet.
What the hell WG?!?!?!?!???!

What is this? Why?

I also have lost all the progress on the Autumn Season mission!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,056 battles
41 minutes ago, LaSLauG said:

Okay, WTF?!
My autumn season insane grind-fest progress is gone down the toilet.
What the hell WG?!?!?!?!???!

What is this? Why?

 

33 minutes ago, Obidav said:

Same problem here ....

 

28 minutes ago, _warpro_ said:

I also have lost all the progress on the Autumn Season mission!!

I think it's because they set it up incorrectly, it was meant to be deal 150k damage using carriers, but it became deal 150k damage to carriers.  so they reset it and made it deal 500k damage to anything (merging it with the deal 350k damage to other ship types). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N-V-C]
Players
15 posts
2,688 battles

1) Same problem here accessing the Armory

2) In the Container screen the phrase "incrociatore italiana" is wrong (incrociatore is masculine and italiana is femimine, both singular) -- Please change it to something less ridiculous (the plural "incrociatori italiani" would do, although the correct naming in the 40s would have been "Regi Incrociatori"

3) the ribbons on the Italian standards in the Taranto port should not really be tri-colour, but Savoy blue (the same blue of the border of the shield on the flag)

4) Are the Italian cruisers for display only at the moment or is there a way to purchase/win them?

5) Please, please animate the "Ponte girevole" in the Taranto harbour (besides, naval ships would be moored in the Mar Piccolo, across the bridge, not in the Mar Grande)

6) I notice torpedo tubes on the Zara: they were *never* mounted

7) The name of the ships on the bow  stern is missing -- and the motto of the Zara is missing too ("Tenacemente" = "tenaciously", in capital letters on the stb side of main turret D: )

Artiglierie_zara.jpg

Edited by HBuhring
Added media; corrected a slip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,015 posts

I already completed the seasonal mission with the carrier requirement, but now there's a slightly different version of the mission in its place. Did my mission completion count or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
387 posts

feedback

- Armory shows a 503 error (service temporarily unavailable)

- Autumn season missions does not show any progress at all

- Any way to obtain Italian cruisers? Tech tree has the "soon" stamp on all of them, none of the containers dropped any missions to get one and armory is offline - so no buying one for tokens.

- Lower tier random matches aren't filled up /w bots. Wanted to express-grind some T7s and waited > 15 minutes for a T4 match, saw several 'players in reach' and saw other players come and go in the queue, got bored and left.

 

opinion

- wouldn't mind not to have to deal damage with CVs. If that's mandatory i might skip the grind. (Used to DCS et al. so playing CVs kinda' feels like playing T1 ships steering /w your elbows while being used to T10 dynamics ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

- maybe give the option to skip one of the assignments of the season mission? (Like the event missions, where you don't have to complete all to continue to the next chapter).

 

question

My 1st time on the PTS... so idk: saw (quasi-)premium ships (e.g. Salem) and was wondering: are the ships that are (only) available via the armory or campaigns (e.g. Shinonome) usually obtainable via armory/campaign? If so, do they stay /w the account for the next seasons?

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
15 posts
2,878 battles

Normally they dont. But I have played last PTS and have now all the progress from the last Test means I have also closely no more Doubloons. Idk maybe they changed it now but before it doesnt saved for next update

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-GG-]
[-GG-]
Players
329 posts
18,781 battles

There is a bug with counting mission progress.

 

After 3 battles it was OK, but after the fourth battle counter reseted the progres and started from zero.

I won't be able to do this autumn mission that way :Smile_trollface:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles
13 hours ago, LaSLauG said:

Okay, WTF?!
My autumn season insane grind-fest progress is gone down the toilet.
What the hell WG?!?!?!?!???!

What is this? Why?

 

13 hours ago, Obidav said:

Same problem here ....

 

13 hours ago, _warpro_ said:

I also have lost all the progress on the Autumn Season mission!!

 

13 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

 

 

I think it's because they set it up incorrectly, it was meant to be deal 150k damage using carriers, but it became deal 150k damage to carriers.  so they reset it and made it deal 500k damage to anything (merging it with the deal 350k damage to other ship types). 

 

11 hours ago, AndyHill said:

I already completed the seasonal mission with the carrier requirement, but now there's a slightly different version of the mission in its place. Did my mission completion count or not?

 

9 hours ago, HentaiSquirrel said:

feedback

- Armory shows a 503 error (service temporarily unavailable)

- Autumn season missions does not show any progress at all

- Any way to obtain Italian cruisers? Tech tree has the "soon" stamp on all of them, none of the containers dropped any missions to get one and armory is offline - so no buying one for tokens.

- Lower tier random matches aren't filled up /w bots. Wanted to express-grind some T7s and waited > 15 minutes for a T4 match, saw several 'players in reach' and saw other players come and go in the queue, got bored and left.

 

opinion

- wouldn't mind not to have to deal damage with CVs. If that's mandatory i might skip the grind. (Used to DCS et al. so playing CVs kinda' feels like playing T1 ships steering /w your elbows while being used to T10 dynamics ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

- maybe give the option to skip one of the assignments of the season mission? (Like the event missions, where you don't have to complete all to continue to the next chapter).

 

question

My 1st time on the PTS... so idk: saw (quasi-)premium ships (e.g. Salem) and was wondering: are the ships that are (only) available via the armory or campaigns (e.g. Shinonome) usually obtainable via armory/campaign? If so, do they stay /w the account for the next seasons?

 

 

3 hours ago, radius77 said:

There is a bug with counting mission progress.

 

After 3 battles it was OK, but after the fourth battle counter reseted the progres and started from zero.

I won't be able to do this autumn mission that way :Smile_trollface:  

 

Commanders, we investigated the situation and are ready to give an answer.

There was a mistake in the description of the mission and it was quite difficult to complete it, given of that we decided to fix this combat mission. 
After the changes happen, the task's progress was reset. We understand that some players already completed these missions until restart and some only started to complete it.
Therefore, we have decided to compensate for this situation. 

 

With all rewards for Public test we will invoice additional rewards for these players:
•    players who have completed the combat mission will receive a reward as two additional Italian Cruisers containers, 
•    those who have started to perform will get half of the final award – one additional Italian Cruisers container. 

 

Also, you will have an access to an updated task, where you can earn an additional two containers "Italian cruisers". 

 

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for any inconveniences.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,015 posts

@WG_Lumberjack, the important thing for me is whether or not the completion registered for the autumn seasonal mission. Do I have to complete the new version as well to be eligible for the autumn season T6 ship container or not? If not, make it so that I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,056 battles
42 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

@WG_Lumberjack, the important thing for me is whether or not the completion registered for the autumn seasonal mission. Do I have to complete the new version as well to be eligible for the autumn season T6 ship container or not? If not, make it so that I am.

And what if you partially completed it, I got around 50% of the way there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TDOG]
Beta Tester
149 posts
7,657 battles
1 hour ago, black_falcon120 said:

And what if you partially completed it, I got around 50% of the way there...

If you partially completed it you will get 1 additional container of the Italian cruisers
As said in

With all rewards for Public test we will invoice additional rewards for these players:
•    players who have completed the combat mission will receive a reward as two additional Italian Cruisers containers, 
•    those who have started to perform will get half of the final award – one additional Italian Cruisers container. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,056 battles
45 minutes ago, DisorderZ55 said:

If you partially completed it you will get 1 additional container of the Italian cruisers
As said in

With all rewards for Public test we will invoice additional rewards for these players:
•    players who have completed the combat mission will receive a reward as two additional Italian Cruisers containers, 
•    those who have started to perform will get half of the final award – one additional Italian Cruisers container. 



 

No the question was if we want the autumn season reward, ie the decal and t6 container do we have to complete it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
144 posts
29,098 battles

This, in my opinion, is one of the most buggy patches released!:Smile_amazed:


Crashs, blocks waiting for connection, slow passage from the game to the windows desktop and vice versa, extreme slowness to close the game, slowness to detect keystrokes, new "mysterious" sub processes (cef_subprocess.exe) that combine messes worse of Chrome, etc.


Also in the game ... incredible amount of torpedoes that manage to pass through the islands, or opponents who can shoot you without even having your ship revealed, "undecided" audio and mixing that hasn't been fixed since the previous update, etc.

In short, are you sure it's a public test? Or have they released us a beta ??? :Smile_facepalm:
The WG is releasing too many novelties and too fast (even the exaggerated size of the update indicates this) and it is clear that they preferred the quantity, sacrificing the quality of the product !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,627 posts
4,330 battles

After battle, results

 

Sorting on the enemy side does not work. Alies side is OK.

 

Spoiler

shot-19_09.26_23_02.39-0720.thumb.jpg.e9aa1f00c24df0c94f659b8eb39a65e1.jpgshot-19_09.26_23_02.58-0027.thumb.jpg.8f2e635f621a02a077fa0563ce445aaf.jpgshot-19_09.26_23_03.01-0863.thumb.jpg.0674eb0fc0926126591cd799511d4c59.jpgshot-19_09.26_23_03.04-0831.thumb.jpg.acf8b9ff93a8175ffe25b0694025d9d9.jpgshot-19_09.26_23_03.06-0074.thumb.jpg.7c2c91b5281ba79d2a36167337fc3339.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
149 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Silver_Leviathan sagte:

This, in my opinion, is one of the most buggy patches released!:Smile_amazed:

(...)

new "mysterious" sub processes (cef_subprocess.exe) that combine messes worse of Chrome, etc.

Sounds skippable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[A-O-N]
Players
34 posts
5,330 battles

Super buggy patch....

problems:
1. Alt + Tab ing to other windows/desktop makes a huge lag. going back to the game via Alt+Tab results in a black screen for 5-10 seconds.

2. when I exit the game, game is gone from my taskbar, but my WGC says game is still open.... Task Manager shows that the game is still open. it uses 0% of CPU but somehow the game is still in the Memory (1.8GB)

so I have to End Task the game every single time I exit, otherwise WGC wont let me launch it again.

3. in the new Directives, some missions can be completed in Savage battles, I think you should rename it to Twilight battles.

4. Still no access to armory. blank page after clicking on it.

 

2134797036_Screenshot(690).thumb.png.7f0cbdc995e6ef3ff4514d2b5abef393.png

1691991688_Screenshot(675).png.9db2a6628ce9e3dcfacb1804ac511c38.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×